May Marvels 2018

Glad you're feeling better wicky! I love the name Eleanor Elizabeth. I think it sounds lovely.

DH thinks he *might* have felt a kick this morning. This guy *eyeroll* lol.

We gutted our spare room today, ready to start painting soon. Eek!

Cracking up at all these dudes who can't feel a big obvious kick. Focus, man! But I guess they'll all figure it out by May, eh? :D

Got my GTT on Wednesday. But it's super early so at least I can get it over with.

Good luck with your GTT! I have mine tomorrow morning and I am feeling TERRIBLY petulant and grumpy about it.

I hear y'all on the not sleeping at night. I keep trying new ways with all the pillows. The gravity pulling my belly when I'm on my side is the worst. I have a wedge though but hips are killing me.

And we still have like 3+ months to go!?! And only bigger bellies and more uncomfortable from here :( We are going to be zombies by the end.

I hate whining but it’s so upsetting not being able to sleep comfortably :(

Bad sleep is one of the things that gets to me the fastest. I don't blame you for complaining! I've had really broken sleep the past couple nights and am having a terrible time finding words today (one of the most reliable indicators of bad sleep for me).

After your first baby, assuming all is well you basically get left in the uk. It's booking, 16, 28, 34, 36, 38, 40 & 41. If you're a first time mum you get 2 extra apps at 25 & 31.

I think it's too long a gap personally. Especially over the time when you start feeling baby and panicking something is wrong & that they're not moving properly etc.

My nice midwife booked me in for the extra app at 25 because she feels it's too long a gap as well. But I'm back to the bitch midwife so I'll be sticking to that exact schedule now. I'm expecting her to ask why I'm having the extra app at all.

I personally have extra appointments with a consultant and extra scans but that's separate from my community midwife.

Whoa. That's so long!! Here it seems to be monthly for the first...uh...most of it? Then biweekly, then weekly towards the end. Figuring this out as I go, lol

Chel, have you tried going to a chiropractic or osteopath for your hip pain? I had really bad pain as well bit after a couple treatments it's basically gone now so may help you as well?

I say I need to every evening when I crash on the couch--then forget to make the appointment!
I have unlimited trips to chiro via insurance so I will start there. They have that warm water rolling machine that I love, lol.

Then need to find massage therapist with pregnancy experience. My regular just moved too far away...nooooo!!

I'm rooting for you and a new massage therapist! I just got another massage this week from the massage therapist I've seen a few times now...she is so so so hippie dippie, which I thought would drive me nuts (I am pretty crunchy but she is...over the top)...but I love her. And I figure I might as well take the opportunity for self-care while I don't have to arrange any childcare.

Hi ladies! I've been keeping up with all your news, but haven't been up to posting, feeling like crap for too much of the time.

I just wanted to share a couple of pictures from our scan on Tuesday. It was focused on the heart to make sure my diabetes didn't negatively impact cardiac development, but they got several really good pictures of our baby, too. The heart checked out fine, so we are basically clear of any of the major issues we worried about like chromosomal abnormalities, congenital heart defects, and neural tube defects. I'm so relieved!

We're in the thick of trying to decide on a name. We're down to a handful and the middle name is probably set. We did the absolute "no-no" that many baby naming experts tell you to avoid: settled on the middle name first. But we're open to changing it or having it be the first name if we don't like the way it all sounds together. Here's our short list:

Agatha Elizabeth
Eleanor Elizabeth
Miriam Elizabeth

Now that I'm feeling better, I am finally enjoying this time and feel like I have more energy for life in general. I have been so glad to have the support of this group to keep me focused on positive stuff, and to commiserate when things aren't all sunshine and rainbows.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I should be able to post more regularly, now that I am not feeling the effects of HG!

Miriam Elizabeth sound absolutely lovely. ❤

Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA...kids being sick, job shift and just general scattered brain has kept me away.
I’m glad everyone is doing ‘well’ aside from some discomfort. I too am having issues sleeping and hip pain. Like with dd my SI joint is doing me in. With her I could barely get moving without severe pain but I’m trying to stay ahead of the game. I go to see my chiropractor today who specializes in pregnancy and pelvic floor strengthening. She’s amaze balls!
My mom is coming to paint the baby’s room today which will then let me decorate and set it up. I’ve started going through clothes to see if we need anything (seasonal differences between dd and this dd).
I am feeling H-U-G-E!!!!! I’ve gained 12 lbs which isn’t tons but I feel like I’m about 34 weeks not 24. Uterus feels like it’s in my throat and barely able to see my toes any more. I’m feeling a little panicky that I’m going to me ginormous. MW assures me I’m measuring on the mark and looking great but I guess baby 4 is the reasoning behind it. I also get to have another US next week as they didn’t get good shots for the spine last time. I’m excited to see her again.
That’s my update for now!

We're in the thick of trying to decide on a name. We're down to a handful and the middle name is probably set. We did the absolute "no-no" that many baby naming experts tell you to avoid: settled on the middle name first. But we're open to changing it or having it be the first name if we don't like the way it all sounds together. Here's our short list:

Agatha Elizabeth
Eleanor Elizabeth
Miriam Elizabeth

To be honest, I love all of these. (Big help that is, right?) And I'm pretty fussy about names!

Is anyone else just hecking starving all the time? I never seem to feel full. I can eat my evening meal, then a couple of hours later I'm making a sandwich. What the heck!

Good to hear everyone is doing well!

I'm finding sleeping and moving around ok still, although I never sleep that much because my son is in with me most of the night lol!

My midwife has said I can book in at 25 weeks if I want but if not routine would be 28 weeks. I then have to have a growth scan at 30 and 34 weeks because my daughter was so small compared to my son, so they are just being cautious.

Where is the time going...it flies by when chasing after little one's!

Is anyone else just hecking starving all the time? I never seem to feel full. I can eat my evening meal, then a couple of hours later I'm making a sandwich. What the heck!

I am running into "I was able to have bigger meals before, and now smaller meals are filling me up, but I still want more food. But it won't fit." Nooooot impressed! I'm sure it'll get plenty worse from here, but it's like post-Thanksgiving-meal feelings without the fun part.

On the other hand...sandwiches! :D :D :D

We've decided on a name! Genevieve 'Evie' Lynn. I've always loved the name Genevieve, and Lynn is my moms middle name.

FOOD: I'm not starving. The opposite: I go too long without eating and without realizing it, then get sick stomach, look at the clock, and kick myself. Mostly on weekends. Today is Hobo Saturday (per my hubs) and I'm still in bed watching TV. Hey, I only have 15 or 16 left!

WEIGHT: I've gained 14 pounds at my last check-up weeks ago. We don't own a scale and I only weigh at the dr's so no telling what I am now. I'm a tall, thin girl so probably need the extra weight, but it's very hard to get used to it in one place so quickly. Snarky comments from family isn't helping. Yes, mom---I know you didn't look like me now at 9 months...you've only mentioned it 8 times this pregnancy...

NAME: I like unique names. My first name is and I've always received compliments. We had Truett on our short list but hubby sounds soooo country when he says it, lol. We live in a country town, but dang.
Our girl name was Rigley and hubs had me consider it for the boy just so he could call him his "Big Rig," which is adorable, but I'm not feeling it for a boy. The middle name is for sure Christopher, after my late brother.

KICKS: Hubs is feeling him much more, especially if he pushes real hard and I push and hold his hand. He gets impatient though. But my little guy is gaining strength, that I can tell.

And yay single digit days remaining for me!! 99!! 4 weeks of work left phew!

And yay single digit days remaining for me!! 99!! 4 weeks of work left phew!

Congratulations Reiko!!! In German, we would now call you an UHU (=under (a) hundred (days left) ) in pregnant lady speak. ;)

I really wish I could stop work sooner too. :/

Congratulations Reiko! Double digits at long last! I came wait to get there haha.

My DS asked me yesterday if it was still January. I asked why and he said he wanted it to hurry up and be April or May so baby would be here :haha:

Wicky glad your feeling better!! Love the name Miriam Elizabeth!!
Viera love your name too!!
We are going for Billie Violet 💗

I’m hungry too broken!!! I’m the same eat dinner then I’m out in the kitchen for snacks!!

We bought our pram yesterday! Changed my mind again lol we bought a Quinny Zapp Flex! So light and small when folded. Seat unit comes off for the car seat to click into. We bought a maxi Cosi car seat too! And a nappy bin because it was deduced from £27.99 to £10!
5142B07D-221E-4FA8-9C67-ADA87E8C6FC4.jpg

Great baby things Ricschick!!

I’m loving all the names these babies are getting now! Such wonderful choices for our little humans :D

Now we are getting impatient for baby in our house... in limbo waiting for a few more months!!

Love that pram Ricschick. We got the Mothercare Journey in red. It comes with a carrycot that clips into a seat and the car seat. I love it so much.

We got the free nappy bin from amazon. Pretty pleased with that too.

I love all these name too. So lovely to think of our babies as little people soon.

Viera lovely name!
Broken that is very cute of your son.

We haven't thought of any names yet, well I have a couple but nothing is really standing out for me.

Work wise I'm self employed so I don't really stop working at all...just while I have the baby lol. My sister will step in a bit so I won't do as many hours and i'll get the summer off so that will be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->