May Marvels 2018

They took the box off over here and swapped it for a tommee tipppe nappy bin. I wanted the box lol!

Nothing pregnancy related, but my boss' transfer was announced on Friday, so just before going on maternity leave, I will be working with a new GM (I work as the GM's PA), and of course after I come back.

I had my monthly check-up today; all is well. :)

24 weeks! Baby is viable now. Eek!

Hubs still hasn't felt bubs move. Even though you can now see the movements and they make my belly shake. I give up with him. I'm sure he'll see bubs move when he's here in May :haha:

24 weeks! Baby is viable now. Eek!

Hubs still hasn't felt bubs move. Even though you can now see the movements and they make my belly shake. I give up with him. I'm sure he'll see bubs move when he's here in May :haha:

My hubs still hasn't felt our little one move either! I see her little kicks, and know he should be able to feel them but she just refuses. Little diva.

This one kicks when DH has his hand on my tummy and I look at DH like "you must have felt that" and he's just got blank face. Drives me mad lol.

The kicks are strong enough to move stuff I have resting on my tummy and this fool still can't feel them. Ugh. :haha:

Have your hubs push really hard--that's how mine finally felt it.

So, I think my baby is going through a growth spurt and the hormone surge is getting me: been slightly sour tummy since Saturday, minor breakout on arms again, icky taste in mouth, tight pulling at the top of stomach, and serious cramps/contractions daily. UGH

Taking quarter of my nausea pill and hope it passes quickly. Baby been a bit stiller than usual, and our sonographer said they sleep more during growth.

Happy 24 weeks Broken! :)

And happy 25 weeks to me! :) Baby boy is the size of a cabbage!?! Moving lots now and measuring right on track!

Happy 25 weeks chi!!

Cheluzal could be Braxton hicks! I think I’ve had a couple too.

I’m so big!!!! And I have 17 weeks still to go lol. Decided to try and really cut down on sugar as it will effect the size of the baby. Xx

Happy 25 weeks Chibi!

I feel big, but my clothes still kinda fit with maternity leggings underneath. So maybe I'm not as big as I thought haha.
Got my GTT on Wednesday. But it's super early so at least I can get it over with.

I’m worried about a big baby too but my mw said as long as I keep my sugars controlled she won’t be any bigger than my other girls were. I’m measuring a week ahead but I was always like that in my 2nd tri with my other girls and then it evens out in third tri.

I had a huge cry the other night because I’m sooo uncomfortable in bed already and still have 15 weeks to go. This baby’s sitting so much higher than my other girls did and I can’t flippin breathe. I’m stacking tons of pillows up so I can be elevated a bit while I fall asleep.

I've been having BH for about a month, mostly at night. It was those plus some different cramping/stretching. Today was back to "normal" and baby moving more, so hopefully I'm good for a little bit.

I hear y'all on the not sleeping at night. I keep trying new ways with all the pillows. The gravity pulling my belly when I'm on my side is the worst. I have a wedge though but hips are killing me.

I've been having BH for about a month, mostly at night. It was those plus some different cramping/stretching. Today was back to "normal" and baby moving more, so hopefully I'm good for a little bit.

I hear y'all on the not sleeping at night. I keep trying new ways with all the pillows. The gravity pulling my belly when I'm on my side is the worst. I have a wedge though but hips are killing me.

Chel, have you tried going to a chiropractic or osteopath for your hip pain? I had really bad pain as well bit after a couple treatments it's basically gone now so may help you as well?

And we still have like 3+ months to go!?! And only bigger bellies and more uncomfortable from here :( We are going to be zombies by the end.

I hate whining but it’s so upsetting not being able to sleep comfortably :(

I'm with everyone on the sleeping front. I wake up every time I have to roll over.

I have to say though, I'm a lot more active this time around and it's making a huge difference. I used to cry myself to sleep with the pain last time. This time it's just wake up, roll over and back to sleep.

I'm trying not to be too smug though, I know I'm only going to get bigger, more tired, more sore and achy.

I’m the same I wake up every time I turn which is often which then leads to me being extra tired for the broken sleep!! And then once I wake I need to wee! 🙄
Yesterday and today my pelvic is a little sore and I keep get cramp in my bum cheek lol.
Reiko I measured 3 weeks ahead with my last baby that’s why they didn’t let me go any further than 5 days past my due date as they were afraid of a big baby and I’m only 5’1! I’m not sure if I am so far this time as it will be 9 weeks since I’ve seen the mw on the 3rd March! This time round the appointments are so far apart!!

WOw 9 weeks that’s a long gap! We do a booking in app, then 12, 18, 24, 28, 32, 34, 36 and then weekly. So the longest I’ve gone is 6 weeks.

Do you think you’ll be measuring ahead again? How big did she end up being last time? I’ll probably end up averaging out in the next few weeks and be measuring on track again. By the time 38 weeks rolls around I was always measuring small. At my last app mw said the ultrasound report was perfect and baby was measuring spot on for her May 6 due date. Not sure if I updated that here but I was pretty happy for a clear report. Hopefully there’s nothing that doesn’t get caught on ultrasound.

I can’t wait to just have this baby already!

After your first baby, assuming all is well you basically get left in the uk. It's booking, 16, 28, 34, 36, 38, 40 & 41. If you're a first time mum you get 2 extra apps at 25 & 31.

I think it's too long a gap personally. Especially over the time when you start feeling baby and panicking something is wrong & that they're not moving properly etc.

My nice midwife booked me in for the extra app at 25 because she feels it's too long a gap as well. But I'm back to the bitch midwife so I'll be sticking to that exact schedule now. I'm expecting her to ask why I'm having the extra app at all.

I personally have extra appointments with a consultant and extra scans but that's separate from my community midwife.

Chel, have you tried going to a chiropractic or osteopath for your hip pain? I had really bad pain as well bit after a couple treatments it's basically gone now so may help you as well?

I say I need to every evening when I crash on the couch--then forget to make the appointment!
I have unlimited trips to chiro via insurance so I will start there. They have that warm water rolling machine that I love, lol.

Then need to find massage therapist with pregnancy experience. My regular just moved too far away...nooooo!!

Hi ladies! I've been keeping up with all your news, but haven't been up to posting, feeling like crap for too much of the time.

I just wanted to share a couple of pictures from our scan on Tuesday. It was focused on the heart to make sure my diabetes didn't negatively impact cardiac development, but they got several really good pictures of our baby, too. The heart checked out fine, so we are basically clear of any of the major issues we worried about like chromosomal abnormalities, congenital heart defects, and neural tube defects. I'm so relieved!

We're in the thick of trying to decide on a name. We're down to a handful and the middle name is probably set. We did the absolute "no-no" that many baby naming experts tell you to avoid: settled on the middle name first. But we're open to changing it or having it be the first name if we don't like the way it all sounds together. Here's our short list:

Agatha Elizabeth
Eleanor Elizabeth
Miriam Elizabeth

Now that I'm feeling better, I am finally enjoying this time and feel like I have more energy for life in general. I have been so glad to have the support of this group to keep me focused on positive stuff, and to commiserate when things aren't all sunshine and rainbows.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I should be able to post more regularly, now that I am not feeling the effects of HG!

Attachments

• 3Dpic6.jpg
    3Dpic6.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 2Dpic4.jpg
    2Dpic4.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads