May Marvels 2018

Ready what we call squash is like... juice you dilute with water. I don't know any other names for it. It's just squash haha.

I have heartburn. Yaaay(!) it begins. I had it sooooo bad with DS, but he proved the old wives tale true by having a lot of hair.

Oh noooo Broken. I want to say "hope it's not too bad" or "hope it doesn't last" but I, uh...May isn't TOO far away, right?

ricschick, FWIW the glucose drink I had for my GTT last week was surprisingly okay. Shockingly sweet, but it tasted like flat Sprite/7UP (lemon-lime). I had to chuckle at the line on the bottle that said "Chill for palatability." It was WAY less weird ingredient-wise than most of what I looked up online; I've heard a variety of experiences with these.

I mean, I was RIPPED on sugar for a while afterwards...but all this talk here made me look up my results online and even with feeling like I could see through time, still came back negative for GD!

Kitten - as for the older dads, my DW is 56 and is very excited about being a FTM with me. I am certain people will think she's grandma, but she and I have talked about it and we're both okay with that, as long as our baby doesn't get upset by it. DW went grey several years ago, so pretty much ever since we started dating, people have assumed she is my mom. But she doesn't want to color her hair just to please other people, so we both manage with the weird looks when we tell people that she's my wife, not my mom. Like many of us older first time parents, DW is sure that she wouldn't have been ready to be a parent 10 or 20 years ago, so the timing is great for her. I'm just so excited to see how happy she is about the whole thing!

Ah this makes me smile so much! :D Enthusiastic, excited parents are the best any of us can hope for, I think!

Oh Wicky! The blue isn't the worst of it. The *morons* that lived here before us decided the best thing to do was paint a St George flag... on the wall... in DARK RED. It will not cover. It's had 2 coats of white so far and still showing through. We're just using white as a primer. We're going to paint it green I think. But I'm gunna have to find a big poster or something to cover this bloody flag. It's huge as well. Absolutely ruins the room.

Can't stop chuckling about this!! Maybe it's time for wallpaper to make a comeback...

Ready, all this squash talk finally made me google (my first thought was...like...a zucchini/courgette? what are you all up to over there)... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_(drink)

This sounds delicious and I want them now.

Ready I’m sure all is ok with the scan!! I guess they are just covering all their bases to make sure it’s not their fault if you need another scan. My 20 week one was so ridiculously long I was so nervous. But she just got tons of pictures to make sure she got the good ones. It’s probably more pressure on the tech when it’s a follow up scan... they don’t want to blow it and have you end up with a third!!

Has anyone seen the latest pics of Kate Middleton’s bump? She’s due before us and it’s barely there! I feel huuuge after looking at them!!

I haven't seen it Reiko. But I don't keep up with the royals haha. I'm sure they make her wear Spanx or something though to keep it in. She's always so flipping tiny when preg.

Well 3 coats later and the unholy red is as gone as it's going to get. I'm quite pleased, it's barely noticeable now. And the walls are fairly white too. Testers going on tonight but we're pretty sure which one we want. Only problem is... it's a bathroom paint, not a normal emulsion. Heck!! We're still going to get it if that's what we decide tho, I'm sure it won't make a difference... right?

Hope everyone is feeling good today! I had my 25 week app with Bitch Midwife, who lived up to her name massively. Asked if I had any questions, then told me to ask my consultant. And was generally morngy and bitchy. Had a nice chat with another midwife about an email they both received for a good 5 mins while me and hubs were just sat there.
Woman is ruining appointments for me. I dislike her so much.

Oh Wicky! The blue isn't the worst of it. The *morons* that lived here before us decided the best thing to do was paint a St George flag... on the wall... in DARK RED. It will not cover. It's had 2 coats of white so far and still showing through. We're just using white as a primer. We're going to paint it green I think. But I'm gunna have to find a big poster or something to cover this bloody flag. It's huge as well. Absolutely ruins the room.

Oh, my! That sounds like a nightmare for painting. I was glad to see that three coats of paint made it mostly be gone... but geez! Maybe they decided to move out because they were tired of the flag and didn't want to have to deal with painting over it :haha: My pink room doesn't seem so crazy, now!

Oh, and don't worry about the bathroom paint. It just means it will hold up to moisture and cleaning better than regular paint does. It shouldn't look any different on the walls or cause any extra headaches for you with painting, other than that the cost might be a bit higher per container.

Has anyone seen the latest pics of Kate Middleton’s bump? She’s due before us and it’s barely there! I feel huuuge after looking at them!!

After you posted, I had to go look. She barely looks pregnant and must be getting into the 3rd tri already! I am not showing much, but a) I'm at least 4 weeks behind her (end of May due date), b) I was a big girl, to begin with, and c) I'm a FTM. She is so tiny when not pregnant, I would expect her to pop early and be very obviously pregnant by now, especially on child #3! An article that accompanied the pictures said she usually wears clothes that hide her bump, but I don't think that really explains why she's so tiny... and people are thinking she might be having twins?! Seriously?! Their publicity people have denied the twin thing, though.

Ready, all this squash talk finally made me google (my first thought was...like...a zucchini/courgette? what are you all up to over there)... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_(drink)

This sounds delicious and I want them now.

I was confused, too, thinking it was some sort of vegetable-infused water. Thanks for sharing the link - it was enlightening. I, too, would like some, especially the low/no sugar kind! Way more fun than water or diet Powerade (sports drink) cut with 1/2 water.

He's really coming around to having a kid. We're older (40 and 47) so he's had a long time to accept not being a dad. Then I come and turn his world upside-down, lol.

ahhh cute older dads <3

(My husband is 45 and will almost certainly be 46 once this kid gets out. He didn't realize he wanted kids until his late 30s, and kinda figured that ship had sailed, unless he somehow happened to meet a 30-year-old who wanted kids with him? And, uh, we started dating when I was 29. He also went grey in his teens and we are already wondering how long it'll be before someone calls him grandpa.)

Cute. We met when I was 39. Never imagined it'd take that long, but I refused to settle. He has a little grey on sides but we both look younger than we are (I think).
But he's a super sweetie! Sent me an email today just saying how proud he was of me and all I've been through and how I'll be a great mommy. Said he loved me so friggin much and still found me sexy. :blush::dance:

Good plan broken I often drink diet lemonade instead to and I never used to before I always drank squash so I need to get back to drinking squash! I’m rubbish at drinking water!!

How was the drink they give you for the GTT test? I’m worried it will make me feel sick.

I already did it twice and I was super worried. I have very picky taste buds, and I pushed it back twice due to my HG.
I thought it was yummy! I got orange and it was just like Sunkist to me.

DECOR: I'm not painting. Gosh I wish we could but it stresses me out and is messy. We're doing sticky decals I found on Amazon. Nursery is going to be race cars and I ordered a checkered valance and checkered stripe for around room. Kid's name above cribs, cars lamp, and my husband's diecast model cars on little shelves on the big wall.

BELLY BUTTONS: Whose is still an innie? Mine is but it's very very tiny and shallow now, lol.

Squash does sound satisfying and so much better than what I was imagining lol.
As for Kate Middleton she looks incredibly tiny for 3rd tri. She does have a long torso and is super skinny on a normal day so I guess that helps. I feel absolutely massive. I&#8217;m only 5&#8217;1 and therefore have next to no torso and look about 38 wks pg.
Thanks Reiko for talking me down! I just can&#8217;t help but worry, I just want to know all will be ok.

BELLY BUTTONS: Whose is still an innie? Mine is but it's very very tiny and shallow now, lol.

Mine, ish! It started creating its own awning sometime in December (like, the top popped, and everything else stayed, kinda), and there are certain positions or things I do that make it clear it's only a matter of time. I remember way more often these days that that's where MY umbilical cord used to be. So wild!

Chel that sound awesome for babys room! I wish we could have done that but it so desperately needed painting we had to do it. We have plans for pictures we want to put up and bunting with baby's name on it as well.

I'm like Kitten with the belly button awning. If I lie down and breath in deeply though, it's gone, it's an outie then haha.

Day 3 of painting. Colour going on today. Then I will be doing the woodwork alone tomorrow (hopefully, I am worried about fumes) and then it should all be done!! I'm so ready for it to be done. I'm tired and achy and sick of looking at those walls now.

I didn't get a call about my GTT yesterday. If I get to the end of today I'm going to relax and assume I passed.

Cheluzal that sounds lovely ! That’s what I did with Joanies room, when we moved in it was all freshly painted white so I did an animal theme with wall stickers il put a pic on later I think it’s really affective and easier to change!

RnW I’m the same I’m 5’1 and so look really pregnant!!! I’m going to be huge come 40 weeks!!!

My belly button is still an innie but really shallow at this point. I wonder if it's going to pop though as it never did in my first pregnancy, just kind of stretched out.

Yeah kate Middleton is definitely not having twins lol. As it is I&#8217;m sure she won&#8217;t have more than a 6 lb baby with that little bump!

My belly button is getting flat! It&#8217;s hurting too. Like stretching at the top.

Since we are having another girl we don&#8217;t have to do anything to the nursery. It has grey and coral walls with white cloud decals and black and white accents. I&#8217;m glad because it saves us quite a bit of money. Maternity leave will be tight for the year, it never was before but this time we have a private school payment and a van payment we never had before!! I&#8217;m going to have to pause our resp and rrsp contributions for the year that I&#8217;m off. I noticed a lot of my girl clothes are wearing thin so I&#8217;ll have to get some new clothes eventually. Newborn stuff should be ok.

Also, if you&#8217;re not opposed to homeopathics I thought I&#8217;d share my secret labour weapon with you guys :)

https://well.ca/products/mederi-ez-birth_102832.html

My midwife recommended it to me. And everyone I know who has taken it has not gone overdue. Seriously, 100% so far. My SIL took it for her first baby and he was a few days early, and didn&#8217;t with her 2nd and 3rd and they were both overdue. I didn&#8217;t take it with my first and she was a week late and did with my 2nd and she was 2 weeks early.

So I plan on doing it again starting at 37 weeks and a small dose of epo and then raspberry leaf tea.

Ive never heard of that before interested to see if it works for you! Is it all natural stuff? I do the raspberry leaf tea capsules and I think I do the epo I can’t remember lol.

Reiko-I&#8217;m intrigued by that. I will start at 37 weeks with natural induction (acupuncture and herbal supplements) with my chiro and ND. I do not want care to be transferred and forced in to a hospital so I&#8217;m game for anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->