May Marvels 2018

Ricschick I wanted a swinging crib but hubs was not on board. He also vetoed the co sleeper crib I wanted. He's very paranoid. He's still not 100% on board with me wanting a water birth (he thinks bub can/might drown) but he knows it's my body and my choice.

Broken maybe he’ll go for the co sleeper crib once he realizes no one is sleeping without it lol XD

We did a bassinet with my first for about 6 weeks and then just brought her into our bed. Which honestly neither of us was a huge fan of but we slept. Then we sidecarred the big crib straight from the beginning with our second and honestly it was amazing! I’m so happy to do that again!!

I am so curious about how this varies based on provider. We have friends with a 2-year-old; she went over a week+, and was having a midwife-attended hospital birth, but one of the "just checking" ultrasounds she had after 40 weeks was with a super judgy OB who announced "I NEVER let my ladies go over 40 weeks." Well, good for you, grumpypants.
We know babies vary so I don't see why sticking to 40 exactly is prudent, unless complications. The baby will come when fully baked, lol. We shall see.
There is one dude in the practice who is super cool and I have a lot scheduled with him...I really hope he's on call when I go in labor.

Cheluzal I wouldn’t count on the fact you two were small to average size babies that you won’t have a bigger baby! I was 6lb 6 and dh was around 7 lbs and I’ve had 9lb babies lol.

BOO! Take it back, lol! I read that parents' size was a general guesstimation of baby. Of course there are exceptions but I hope not to be one of them!
My mom was small and me and brother were both 6 pounds.

RE: bum pain. I get that! Only in the left cheek kind of near the top. It doesn't shoot down leg or anything. Chiro implicated it was bursa, and related more to hips.
I turned my leg pillow more horizontal instead of going down legs and it has helped a lot with night pain. Chiro also said sleep with cold pack on hip.

Reiko all my babies have gotten bigger , although Jamie was the biggest but I think that was because he was a boy.
Ellie 37+6 6’13
Emma 41+1. 8’2
Lucy 39+6 8’10
Jamie 39+2 9’1.5
Joanie 40+5 9’1.

Cheluzal yeah it’s awful mine travels all down my legs it feels like it’s in my bones!! I’m going to try and walk a bit more as I no exercise can help it but it would be easier if it wasn’t so cold here at the moment !! 😫 can’t wait to get out of boots and leggings and put on a dress and flip flops!!

Broken that’s so cute that he worries so much!! Bless him!!

Reiko we already bought the Moses basket haha. Stuck with it now. We will manage.

Ricschick it's cute but exasperating because he acts like he knows better than me and I'm like... see the 6 yr old... I did that. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm on about :haha:

Ricschick how have you carried such big babies? You are small...that makes me nervous! Lol I feel like I’m massive this go around and even though baby was weighing on track last week for 25 weeks I have this fear she is going to be huge. As long as her head isn’t massive I can handle the fat lol.
Anyone having baby kick you in your ‘Southern Hemisphere’?? Haha Baby rotates from lying sideways to being breech and feels like she’s kicking my lady parts. It’s is the weirdest feeling.
Ricschick I hear ya on the looking forward to nice weather. We are in the midst of a 15cm snow dump after a weekend filled with snow. I love Canada but I hate our winters!

RnW I haven't had any kicks there... yet! But I have had kicks to my very full bladder that make feeeze and think I'm going to just wet myself right there and then.

Im pretty sure my plancenta is to the left side of my uterus at the front, because I only ever feel his kicks on the right side (my right) and I never feel anything the other side, even if I'm laid on my left. I can't quiet tell which way up he is yet though, but I'm pretty sure he's not transverse.

I'm with everyone on being over the cold. I'm ready for warmer weather where I can break out the tank tops and shorts.
Also I'm sick of people telling me I don't have enough layers on. I run hot anyway and I walk a mile to school and a mile home twice a day. If I wore a big coat like everyone else I'd faint or something. Leave me and my hoodie alone. That hoodie saw me right to the end of my preg with DS and he was born in December! I promise I'm not cold. I'm comfortable.

/end rant. Sorry :haha:

Broken why is anyone telling you how to dress? My ds is 14 and refuses to wear his coat so I’ve stopped nagging. That being said I’m his mother...why is anyone telling you as an adult how to dress? I can’t fathom it.

It's a grandma at school. She's a lovely lady and I really do like her. But by heck does she nag me about wearing a proper coat :/

I laugh it off with her, but it does low key annoy me. My own mother gave up on the coat nagging around the same age as your DS. I'm a warm person. I don't need a massive coat that makes me feel claustrophobic and faint.

Reiko all my babies have gotten bigger , although Jamie was the biggest but I think that was because he was a boy.
Ellie 37+6 6’13
Emma 41+1. 8’2
Lucy 39+6 8’10
Jamie 39+2 9’1.5
Joanie 40+5 9’1.

Cheluzal yeah it’s awful mine travels all down my legs it feels like it’s in my bones!! I’m going to try and walk a bit more as I no exercise can help it but it would be easier if it wasn’t so cold here at the moment !! 😫 can’t wait to get out of boots and leggings and put on a dress and flip flops!!

See? Your first was smaller, so my first can be, too, rofl!

We're back in the high 70's/low 80's in Florida! I HATE cold, hate leggings, hate boots, hate layering...glad to be back in cute dresses and sandals.

My son's head was always to my right (above appendix) in all scans. I really mostly only feel kicking in the right. He likes throwing his feet over his head so who knows what I'm feeling.

He's pretty low but no bladder/cervix kicks. Just glad he's not crushing ribs.
If I'm on my right side he goes nuts, especially at bedtime. Sorry, kid--I have to breathe.

Belly check today: strong heart and all is well. I'm 156, up 6 pounds from last month. No one says a word so I guess it's fine and in range. It's ALL belly! Next visit I get to do the glucose test--again. Oh, the joys of being "old."

Did I recall someone saying they were having a few painful contractions?

I've never had any pain until I was in labour, my braxton hicks are just super weird feeling and make it a bit hard to breathe.

But twice today I had really painful labour contractions that lasted about 2 minutes until I changed positions! One this afternoon and one tonight, both while I was driving. Random! Hopefully doesn't happen again. Reminded me of the pain of labour and made me less excited to get to May lol.

I felt baby boy hiccup for the first time today...in my butt, hahaha, hilarious feeling.

Did I recall someone saying they were having a few painful contractions?

I've never had any pain until I was in labour, my braxton hicks are just super weird feeling and make it a bit hard to breathe.

But twice today I had really painful labour contractions that lasted about 2 minutes until I changed positions! One this afternoon and one tonight, both while I was driving. Random! Hopefully doesn't happen again. Reminded me of the pain of labour and made me less excited to get to May lol.

Oh boy, that does not sound fun, Reiko! I haven't had any braxton hicks yet, but I have heard that sometimes they can be painful, even if they are usually mild. I hope that they weren't too distracting while you were trying to drive!

Anyone have wicked reflux? If so, how are you combating it? I’m in pain all the time from it but unsure what to take. I should probably just ask my MW.

YES!!! I have terrible acid reflux. It started as soon as I got pregnant, so I've been taking 150 mg Zantac (Ranitidine) 1 or 2 times per day. It helps a lot unless I eat something too spicy or acidic. I checked with my OB when it started and that's what she recommended. I hope you find something that works for you!

Natural labour is definitely easier than induced as in when they put you on the hormone drip to increase contractions it’s much more painful than natural contractions, if they just brake your waters like with my last labour it was better as contractions come naturally after ( well they did for me anyway)

Oh geez, you ladies are making me nervous. LOL! Because of my health issues, my OB has already said they will induce at 39 weeks unless baby needs to be born sooner (or I go into labor on my own). I am not very optimistic that I'll start labor naturally before then, so I was expecting to be induced. But I am nervous about the added pain of the contractions when induced. My sister started labor naturally and then it slowed, so they gave her medications to speed it up and she was in agony. Then they said it was too fast and gave her something else to slow it down and that made her feel even worse. I really, really hope that doesn't happen to me! :nope:

I felt baby boy hiccup for the first time today...in my butt, hahaha, hilarious feeling.

What did THAT feel like? hahahaha I don't even know what the hiccups will feel like, let alone in my butt :haha:

Also I'm in the double digits club now! Yay!

I think Ricschick and I are the only ones in triple digits still, and tomorrow, she will be in double digits. I have a whole week to go until double digits. I guess my baby is the "baby" of the group in terms of due date! It's kind of nice, though, to be able to see what I can expect in the next week or two from the other ladies in the group who are a bit ahead of me.

I've felt movements in my butt before haha. It feels a bit like a muscle spasm. I also feel kicks really high in my belly, above where my uterus is. I think baby is kicking straight upwards. It's still weird tho.

I had meds to speed up/strengthen my contractions after about 6 hours of natural labour where I had pushed for over an hour without being fully dilated. (Midwife thought I was, left me have at it, checked again and oops only 9cm stop pushing please!)
I don't remember the med contractions being more painful but they were fast. One on top of the next with little chance to breathe and recover in between.

Don't be nervous first time ladies! I told myself I could do anything for a minute, no matter how painful and that helped me loads during labour. Yes it hurts, but it doesn't last forever and you can do it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->