May Marvels 2018

Oof, I am not feeling good today.
I culdn't get to sleep as quickly as I'd hoped last night but have been having BH all morning! Combined with round ligament pain and I am miserable.

I read babies, especially boys, hit a growth spurt at 26 (he testicles are descending, lol) but dang, my ute is really getting a workout.
Missed church and still in bed. I'm sure it will resolve in a few days, but dang...is it May yet??

THANKs ladies for the encouragement. Ready I feel my mw group are really against having any risk factors at all... I guess it is their right to transfer you if they want to. But I will talk to her about it on wed at my 28 week apt.

But at this point I’d settle for a hospital birth and mw care vs transferring to an OB. Their offices are so stupid. You wait an hour or more to actually see anyone, and they are not kid friendly. They see you for 2 mins then boot you out. Not sure why we wait an hour when we only see the dr for such a short App! And then mw do 3 aftercare app at your home and 3 in their office for 6 weeks pp. OB does one 7 day checkup at their office. Cause getting to appointments when you have a 7 day old is easy peasy!! Just my minor list of offenses they commit lol.

AND all I’m thinking is, if my labor halves in time like they often do it will be 45 mins and this baby will be born at home no matter whose care I’m in because I won’t make it out the door in time.

I have a long list why I also don’t want to be under an OBs care. I think all that I’ve been through helps my MW understand that and works as my advocate. There is a real battle right now with our local MW and their scope of care within the local hospital which is also helping.

I would rather not be under consultant care (I think it's the same as OB care in the US and other places)

But we don't really get a choice. You get told what's happening. I suppose I could push against it, but hubs is super nervous about this preg, which I totally get, and me making more waves would probably stress him out.

If my last preg was anything to go by, it's still a midwife on the big day, the docs are just in the background in case they're needed. I 100% felt under midwife care with DS, the doc only came in to discuss options towards the end of labour when they thought I might need intervention.

Reiko I appreciate the labor peptalk! Tbh I have been looking forward to this, very patiently, for YEARS, and now my primary worry is whether I'll be able to just accept things as they come if they don't go the way I hope. And I hope you're able to make the changes you need, and that those work to keep your blood sugars down. (Our midwife practice I think would also risk us out if I had to go on insulin; they also don't do twins/multiples or VBACs. I can understand keeping risks low, but...THEN what?) It sounds like so much extra work on top of the whole pregnancy thing, but at least it's just a few more months now. <3 (And I can't BELIEVE an OB group would be so kid-unfriendly! Don't they know who babies turn into??? CHILDREN)

Ready, that's so amazing about your connections with your son and this new little girl. <3

I&#8217;m a total chicken with the whole needle in the spine thing. I have great respect for women that have to have a c-section as it&#8217;s my worst nightmare.

100% summed up my feelings on this. It's nice to feel like I've got company!

chel, hope you made it through dinner, and woo to your BIL! What a great new chapter.

Broken, I'm amazed that, like...people don't have anything better to talk about than someone else's sartorial choices??? Is that really the most thrilling thing going on in their lives?

Meanwhile...we actually went to go look at strollers for the first time yesterday. Mostly we did a lot of eyerolling at Baby Depot (what a name) and Babies R Us, but we also developed some opinions, so, hooray research! My MIL and best friend are organizing our baby shower & we're like "ha ha oh heck, now we have to register for and care about THINGS, huh? Well then." I am totally overwhelmed by the idea of registering for stuff. I have no idea what we NEED. I've never done this before!

But I am really glad to be doing all this with my husband. We are so ridiculously on the same page and I feel like we've been getting fonder of each other by the day lately.

Oh Kitten registering is the fun part. It&#8217;s shopping without spending the money lol. A few of the things that I find I can&#8217;t do without are (aside from crib, stroller, car seat) some type of baby seat/swing that you can plunk baby in when you are trying to do stuff. I have one that reclines so they can nap in, it has a bar that toys can hang from and later can be used by a toddler as a rocking chair (I like things that convert so it&#8217;s not just a one stage use). A playpen/play yard is also priceless. I use it on my main level so I have a change area, contained play area, nap area as our bedrooms are on a different level. It&#8217;s especially handy the first few months that I don&#8217;t want to be far from baby. Thirdly a video monitor...it gives serious peace of mind. That way I&#8217;m not disturbing baby while he/she sleeps.
There is so much out there now that it has to be overwhelming for new parents to decide on what is needed. Most registries have lists of things that are recommended and depending on your situation or how much stuff you can handle some things aren&#8217;t necessities in my opinion. Spend the money on the car seats and cribs that convert but the rest is stuff that can just take over your house and life lol. I have an aversion to stuff...it sucks up my energy. Lol.

Well my sugars are back to normal today thank goodness so the weekend was hopefully an anomaly that the diabetes team won&#8217;t freak out over. My DH kinda talked me down last night saying that OB care wouldn&#8217;t be the worst thing in the world and we can still have a healthy mama and baby which is most important. Home birth is a dream but it&#8217;s not the ultimate goal, the baby is. So I felt better and then this morning my sugars have been good so I think accepting that helped.

For those buying strollers, if you have someone wanting to buy it for you (like grandparents offering) I really suggest looking on Craigslist or whatever buy and sell is local. Look in the store first and find your favorited and then look for them second hand. I&#8217;ve found with strollers, you don&#8217;t know what you like till you use them, so a lot of people buy brand new, realize they don&#8217;t like them, and then sell a few months in to fund a different stroller. Lots in decent condition! I&#8217;ve had 3 strollers, 1 each pregnancy and I&#8217;ve never fully been happy with them so I&#8217;ve been trading them up on Craigslist each time lol. So unless people are going to contribute to your registry and pool their money for a stroller it&#8217;s a great idea to look second hand.

Ready I really like my video monitor too. Have had one for almost 5 years and find it very useful to see what older babies and toddlers are doing when they&#8217;re supposed to be sleeping lol!!

I also like having a little bouncy recliner seat for baby to sit in and nap in downstairs. Our change table is a junk collector and I prefer to put the change mat on the floor and change baby there. We never really used our playpen other than having friends babies nap when they come over. And a high chair eventually, we like the little strap on ones as you can bring to a friends house for dinner. That&#8217;s kind of it! And we have way too many clothes. I can&#8217;t wait to get rid of them. They&#8217;re not even in good shape so after this baby they will have to be tossed not even donated!

Happy 28 weeks to me! Welcome third trimester! :) :) :) Baby boy is the size of a coconut, hehe.

I'm glad your sugars are back to normal Reiko. Hopefully it was a blip and it'll all be fine from now.

Like RnW I have a little chair that reclines and has a toy bar for baby, then can be used as a little rocking chair for a toddler. I had one with DS and loved it!

Happy 28 weeks Chibi! 3rd tri, home stretch!

Is anyone getting stitch like pains in the bump? When I'm walking home with DS it's really painful up the right side of my bump, exactly like stitch but I haven't been flipping running.

Broken I&#8217;ve had more aches and pains. Mine is more bottom of my bump which I&#8217;m assuming is just round ligament pain. I also get tightness at the top, especially when walking or being physical in some manner. I&#8217;m actually getting quite uncomfortable already which frightens me with 3 months yet to come.

I'm getting the round ligament pain at the bottom as well. But this is really distinctive pain in my side.

I'm certainly feeling it now though, my hips and my legs hurt, rolling over in bed is painful, climbing in and out of the bath/shower is painful. I can still lie on my tummy though, and I don't feel really big and cumbersome yet. But I know it's coming.

Feeling a bit better...last growth spurt took 3 days so hope to be back to "normal" tomorrow, even with major hip and back pains each night/day.

I'm setting mini goals: baby steps to baby. I just wanted to make it to Valentine's Day...and I did! New goal: make it to my baby shower on March 3rd!

I am having more aches and pains too, and the down pressure is becoming stronger and stronger as well, which is quite amazing as I still have 12 weeks to go.

Bump is definitely hurting in some areas. Ligament pain for sure and a bit of the pain broken is describing too. As long as she's moving in there none of it concerns me too much. I decided to add one more week of work before mat leave so that will take me to 31 weeks... and the day I decided that I went to bed with bad pubic symphysis pain! Hasn't bothered me since 1st tri and now it's back again... anyways I have 8 more shifts to make it through.

Hope everyone has a nice valentines day if you celebrate it :) I made a little scavenger hunt for my girls tomorrow with hearts that say all the things I love about them (& treats of course XD).

Happy 28 weeks (plus change), Chibi! Yay!

Broken, totally have that kind of stitch-like pain, and that's a great way of describing it. Seems to happen more if I've been walking for a really long time, or especially if I've been walking really quickly.

Reiko that is such a sweet way of celebrating with your girls! My mom was very deliberate about making Valentine's personal and fun when we were little, and I have such good memories of it all.

Hello ladies! I'm so bad about keeping up on here!

My bump always seems to be sore in one spot or another, usually where our little lady is deciding to either push up against or kick repeatedly.

I've had pelvic pain for months (like a band that wraps around my lower pelvis all the way around my back). Supposedly that's normal, though I don't remember it with either of my other pregnancies. Last night I started getting a sharp pain every so often right where my pelvic bone is. I have an OB appt today, so I will be talking to her about that.

Good news from my last scan, it looks like my SCH has all cleared up!:happydance:

Viera that's great news about your SCH. I'll be checking in on mine next Tuesday.

I don't celebrate Valentine's but if I did, today would have been the worst. Hubs worked a full 14 hour shift, he has to stay at work and sleep tonight, he coming home tomorrow to get changed and do the school run then he's back to work for another 7 hours.

Plus there has been massive family drama all day.

Heck! I'm gunna go cuddle my cats in bed and try and sleep. We always sleep badly when we're apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->