May Marvels 2018

He's measuring 5 pounds 12 ounces, right on track. Everything looks good. Unfortunately with his size, limited space, and movement the 4D isn't that great, as compared to the one in January.

Ah well....doc predicted him at 7.5 at birth but I'm still hoping a little smaller.

Had another growth scan today. Our little lady weighs a whopping 8lbs 6oz, the same weight as our oldest at birth. Yikes!

Chel our girl is the same weight as your guy according to her 34 week scan plus the .5lb a week they estimate they gain. Maybe a bit smaller. I’m counting on her being about 7 lbs and coming a bit early.

With your signs the past little bit I highly doubt you’ll keep him in for too much longer so he probably won’t make it to that full term weight! But then again they are never 100% on their measurements so who knows lol XD

Viera looks like you might have an over 9 pounder!! But you don’t have too much longer either!!

So far my freezer meal stash is
- 2 Apple crisps
- 2 banana loaves
- 3 dozen cookie dough balls
- 1 spaghetti sauce
- 1 pan of chicken enchiladas

... clearly I have my postpartum priorities in order XD

Yum. Chicken enchiladas sound delicious. I have....absolutely nothing in my freezer yet, unless you count some fish fingers. Have to say that I'm looking forward to gorging on camembert and parma ham (not necessarily together) after baby arrives :D

I had a scan this week. She's small at the moment - 2kgs (4.4 lbs), estimated to be 3kgs at birth (5 weeks to go). I'm not complaining. DS1 was only 3.2 kgs and I had a deep second degree tear.

Is anybody trying or have experience with perineal massage? Does it work?

Wicky - hugs. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. :hugs:

RnW - I've been having cramping as well, in addition to Braxton Hicks and the random contraction. I don't know what's causing the cramping, but wonder whether I'm simply not drinking enough water.

Chel - Good luck! And yes to peeing less in the night. I did that for about a week (until last night). It was good to sleep through, but meant that I was definitely dehydrated in the morning. And a belated happy b'day.

AGcam I believe studies show perineal massage is effective for first time vaginal births but after that doesn’t really help too much. I didn’t do it with time, my 2nd I still tore but it was 2 stitches and didn’t hurt at all for recovery. I think the pushing stage is a lot shorter which is why you tear less or not at all subsequently. Ricschick what has your experience been with tearing?

GBS negative here!! Wahoo!!

Chel our girl is the same weight as your guy according to her 34 week scan plus the .5lb a week they estimate they gain. Maybe a bit smaller. I’m counting on her being about 7 lbs and coming a bit early.

With your signs the past little bit I highly doubt you’ll keep him in for too much longer so he probably won’t make it to that full term weight! But then again they are never 100% on their measurements so who knows lol XD

I like your thinking, rofl! I really want him early and small. I'm having a rough time now.
I took off yesterday for scan and ended up taking off today (and trying not to feel guilty) just because I'm in so much pain. Hips hurt even when I'm not lying on them and I can barely walk down the stairs. Pooing all the time, and general aches and pains...if I don't rest occasionally I won't make it the rest of the weeks.

Plus today is my brother's birthday, who passed away a few years ago...I'm a sobbing mess. My little dude (middle name same) won't know his awesome uncle.

Is anybody trying or have experience with perineal massage? Does it work?

Chel - Good luck! And yes to peeing less in the night. I did that for about a week (until last night). It was good to sleep through, but meant that I was definitely dehydrated in the morning. And a belated happy b'day.

I want to start trying to reach it--lol--and put some coconut oil down there. We shall see.

I started getting up to pee (and poop) again, so I'm dead. Weird how pooping all the time wears me out.
Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Viera looks like you might have an over 9 pounder!! But you don’t have too much longer either!!

We have just under 2 weeks until the c-section. I'm hoping I go into labor before then. I don't know if my body can take it :haha:

Chel, I know it's hard, but don't feel guilty for taking the time that you need. I understand the pain - can't climb stairs anymore, basically have to do a modified crawl.

I'm sorry about your brother :hugs:

Thanks, Reiko.

Not sure I can reach my perineum, in any case, but I might still try. Someone should invent a tool for us pregnant ladies (or is that a husband?) :haha:

Fingers crossed for you, Viera!

YUp my midwives said that’s your partners job!! Which would definitely lead to you know what lol. Honestly you’re supposed to do it pretty vigorously, it’s not comfortable.

Viera I hope you go into labour before your c section so you get some relief XD. Now that induction isn’t really on the table for me anymore I’m feeling more desperate to make it happen myself. I started my midwives herbal stuff this week and will start epo tomorrow. Not having any luck with RLT, I can’t stomach it.

I’m tired of the constant nausea. I will just as tired after the baby is born but at least the nausea will go away, and my hips won’t hurt and I won’t be a gigantic whale. So many pluses I just am getting impatient!! I have 2 friends due with their first today, no babies yet for either of them. I feel for them going overdue!!

With ds I told ob that I’d didn’t want to tear so he instructed me how to breath and helped to massage/stretch things as ds was crowning. The urge to push is overwhelming at times but if you breath through it body does the work and tearing doesn’t occur (as long as baby isnt gigantic).
Keeping your bits oiled up is supposed to help as well.

Reiko-I hear you on the impatience. I’m ready to not be pregnant! I remember just after having dd and the ability to bend over without my breath being taken away and the utter discomfort of trying to roll over in bed. I’m so done with it! I’m ready for this vag pain to be gone as well. I have 10 days until we start with natural induction...bring it on.

Viera I hope you go into labour before your c section so you get some relief XD. Now that induction isn’t really on the table for me anymore I’m feeling more desperate to make it happen myself. I started my midwives herbal stuff this week and will start epo tomorrow. Not having any luck with RLT, I can’t stomach it.

I've been taking RLT and EPO. I add brown sugar and honey to my RLT and that makes it taste better (at least I think so).

Viera that would help! I wonder what sweetener would do to my blood sugar though!! So I stay away from it. I usually like my tea without anything added anyways but this one has a weird flavour. Combined with the nausea it’s not a good scene haha. Maybe I will try it at breakfast with a bit of honey and just have a veggie and egg omelette so my honey would be my carbs.

Reiko, I have type one diabetes, so I just take extra insulin to make up for it, but if your sugars are carb controlled I can see where it could be a problem.

Yeah they’ve decided not to put me on insulin so I have to watch all my sugars very carefully!

I'm off to buy raspberry leaf tea capsules tomorrow and get started on them. I really need to get all the baby things sorted, starting to feel really unorganised!

My little boy came out in chicken pic yesterday, he is getting so many spots, I'm hoping I am immune as I have already had it and I was also pregnant with my son when my daughter had them. I'm guessing better now than when the baby arrives.

Reiko I’ve been quite lucky so far ( touch wood) I had 1 stitch with dd1 because I had a vontouce delivery but no stitches with any of the others! Thank goodness the odd bit of grazing but that’s it.
I’m taking the RLT capsules as I don’t like the tea either I’m taking 1 a day so far and will up it to 2 a day from 36 weeks I think. Last night I had such discomfort I really thought I might go into labour I had constant bh with back pain and felt like I was leaking but I’m pretty sure it was cm. il be glad once the next few weeks pass.

Yeah I’m feeling very suspicious of any back pain or cramping... but I think doing all my freezer meals in the kitchen has made me have an achy back in the evenings.

I am getting another head cold it seems after just having gotten over the last one. :/ It is not pleasant. At my appointment yesterday doctor said my amionic fluid was very high, so I have to go in for a blood test this morning, before breakfast. And I was dreaming of chocolate cereal right after waking up. *lol* Better go in as early as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->