May Marvels 2018

Today was rough. My back was so sore I was leaning over 90 degrees at the door between classes, trying to stretch. Kids are like, "Are you okay?" I'm all, "No I'm 9 months pregnant." Hubs joked I was a good PSA on teens not getting pregnant, rofl.

I'm SOOOO impatient to end this. I can deal with the fatigue and getting up and stuff (did it with disabled brother who needed feeding in his tube every 3 hours) if I can have my body back and the aches and pains can cease.

The Procardia to stop contractions make my blood pressure so low I'm dizzy and today it turned my entire feet/legs red! Getting up to pee 5 times with a cement belly on a high bed sucks.

Just a quick note but I'll try to write more tomorrow. I was admitted to the hospital after my NST this morning (Friday) because my BP is too high. Long story short, I will be induced Sunday afternoon or sooner, depending on how my BP behaves. I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow so may have a NICU stay. But baby looks great and is measuring 4.5 lbs. It's just my health and safety everyone's keeping an eye on. I feel like I'm in good hands, but a bit in shock that this is happening so soon!

Thinking of you Wicky. Sorry you’re having high BP and hoping you’re feeling ok... I’m sure babe will do great at 34 weeks xx.

Oh wicky I’m sure all will be fine!! Will be thinking of you!! Keep us updated if you can!! Hope your ok. Xxxx

I was tossing and turning for 2 hrs last night with cramping. I though it was contractions but I’m wondering if the baby was just pressing on a nerve because my groin and legs were really sore. But if it was contractions at least something is happening. But I’ve Neverr had anything like that before until active labour.

I’ve been taking my herbal supplement for 5 days now and just took my first epo last night. I hope it doesn’t happen again until labour. It was uncomfortable and really kept me from sleeping. It doesn’t help that when I ask my husband to get up with the kids so I can sleep in in the morning he just lets them run around the room and jump on the bed until he’s “ready” to get up. Thanks, I’m wide awake now.

What I meant was get these kids out of here ASAP so I can go back to sleep!!!

Good luck Wicky, I'm sure baby will be fine and hopefully won't have too long a stay in hospital.

I finally got a few more bits for my hospital bag so happier now I've done that!

Managed to fall over at home today, landed on my bum but hurt my leg...really not impressed with balance at the mo or slippery floors lol!

Reiko that’s how I’ve been for the last few days. It’s uncomfortable but there is no consistency with it. Baby has def shifted as my waddle is ridiculous and now I have sciatic pain down my right leg. I’ve been reading and lots of women say they have this cramping for weeks prior to labour. I hope that’s not the case as it is uncomfortable. I have one more week and then I’m kicking stuff in to high gear.

Wicky - best wishes, sending good thoughts your way :hugs:

Yazzy - glad you're okay after the fall. Hope your leg isn't too bad.

Chel - I feel your pain!

I'm glad I'm not the only one having cramping, etc. Yesterday and today, i've had what are either really strong braxton hicks or mild labour contractions roughly every 10 minutes for a couple of hours. They then stop and go back to being erratic through the day. Reminds me of when I had DS1 - was in latent labour for 10 days with something similar. Will just have to wait and see, I guess.

LO is head down, and so far has been positioned with her back on the right of my abdomen. Yesterday, for whatever reason, she swung around so she's now back-to-back. My back is now extra painful on top of the PGP. I need to start doing some exercises to try to get her to move back around. Hope it happens before labour kicks in.

Thinking of you Wicky! I am sure you and bubs will be fine. Exciting to think you may have your baby so soon!

I am sooooo uncomfortable since yesterday. I just cannot get comfortable but I think my belly dropped yesterday? It looks very different at least.

Blood sugar were perfectly normal yesterday morning so that is one worry off my plate. Wonder though what then made the amionic fluid rise so high?

I now have weekly appointments and Friday they also couldn't measure head circumference anymore as the head was too low, haha.

Good luck, Wicky! :flower:

I've had bad cramping for many weeks myself, sometimes groaning in pain and waking myself up. The night is worse. Plus the cement belly, especially when he pushes against me. ](*,)

Shifted belly band higher on my back and that helped today.

Bassinet in and ready and nursery done!
Hubs put one car seat base in but I'm a stickler and demand he start over with me reading each step and verifying, lol. We'll get them inspected.

Just need to pack hospital bag, check the birth plan, and call place for breast pump.

CHib glad your sugars were normal! I was reading on amniotic fluid when I had mine measured a little while ago and apparently there can be no reason at all. How high is it? Are they thinking you’ll need a c section because of it?

Chel I don’t know how you’re dealing with that cramping at night. Honestly I’m kind of dreading going to bed tonight in case it happens again. If it’s labour then fine lol but for no reason it just sucks. I was thinking we might have had sex last night which maybe brought it on, but then I think maybe that was the night before last so I’m not sure. Either way I’ve been walking tons today and nothing has bothered me in the slightest.

Tomorrow I’m 37 weeks - “early” term!! Yay I can have a healthy baby anytime nowww!!!

Chibi - happy that your sugar is normal :)

Chel - thanks for the reminder re birth plan! I have a MW appt this week, and need to have it ready. I hear you on the hard stomach. It's really uncomfortable.

Reiko - hooray for 37 weeks :)

I'm going to go on a mini rant here, so feel free to ignore. I just found out that DH has told one of his random cousins the name that we've decided for LO. When we decided on LO's name, we agreed that we wouldn't share it until the baby arrived. I wanted DS1 to be the first person other than the two of us to meet the baby and know her name. Now DH says that he "forgot" that he wasn't supposed to tell anybody, and I'm making a big deal of it.
All of my family and friends have asked, and I've told them all that we're waiting for LO to arrive before we tell them. Now some person that we meet at most twice a year knows, and she will tell DH's family. When we had our first child, I felt a lot of pressure to name him after a member of their family. I know they're not going to like the name we've chosen.

I'm so mad at the moment.

Okay....rant over....back to our normally scheduled programming.

Happy 37 weeks Reiko!

Agcam I would be mad if DH did that. We've told a few people your name, but kept it off social media and I would be hecking mad if he told random people before bubba was here.

Agcam I would be beyond angry! We also don’t tell anyone especially because I don’t want opinions or faces made. Hopefully she can keep her mouth shut.

AGcam can you get DH to just send her a text and tell her that he shouldn’t have told her, and please not to let it slip to anyone else?

We keep ours a surprise too but I’ve told a few people who are very far removed from our circle, like my diabetic nurse lol. Like she’s never going even meet anyone I know so I’m not worried about her spreading it haha.

Chel I don’t know how you’re dealing with that cramping at night. Honestly I’m kind of dreading going to bed tonight in case it happens again. If it’s labour then fine lol but for no reason it just sucks. I was thinking we might have had sex last night which maybe brought it on, but then I think maybe that was the night before last so I’m not sure. Either way I’ve been walking tons today and nothing has bothered me in the slightest.

Not very well, I'm afraid. Getting out of bed to pee is so hard and the pain wakes me sometimes. Even sitting to pee will hurt. It happens during the day too so it's all day long. I have that medicine to stop it but it makes me dizzy and flushed and I'm trying to only take it when necessary.

I took one before church and have the bottle by the bed in case I need it at night.

So praying his lungs mature and he comes early...like all day long that is my prayer, ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->