May Marvels 2018

Ahhh congratulations chi!!!! So happy for you!!! Can’t wait to hear about it and see pics!!!! Xxx

Congratulations Chibi! I hope you both are doing well and I LOVE his name <3

Still no appointment for Tuesday. Rang up and chased, got told clinic was completely booked up. So I said well it's to book and induction and now she's gunna email someone and try and get me an appointment. So yeah. No idea what's happening now.

God I all need is the midwife to refuse to do my sweep today and hubs might as well go back to bloody work next week ffs.

Useless arnt they broken!! Hopefully you’ll have a sweep and there will be no need for induction!!

How’s everyone feeling?

I’ve decided to go to the caravan! If I go into labour ( which I doubt) then il assess getting home and if I think I can’t il go to the local hospital. If I sit at home “waiting” for it to happen il just have the ump so I’m going to sit in the sun all weekend instead &#128077;&#127995;

My fab midwife has saved the day!! She came for a home visit without knowing I was due a sweep so didn't have any sweep kit with her.

So she's arranged for me to go into clinic today and have my sweep this afternoon. Then she's gunna see me herself on Tuesday, do my 2nd sweep and contact the registrar to book my induction herself. She's so flipping amazing!!

Honestly when she said she couldn't do a sweep I could have cried. She was going to come back this weekend and do it, but we managed to sort hospital for this afternoon.

So I'm going to go hosp, walk around the town until I can't walk anymore then come home and dtd. Fingers so crossed it gets this baby out this weekend.

She did say he's nice and low, but not engaged, which is what I expected.

Ricschick I don't blame you going, I'd probably hide at home. But I agree with you sitting and waiting for stuff to happen is just gunna put you in a grumpy mood. Might as well go and have a nice weekend.

More browner/tan discharge on liner. Could be from cervical check...could it be something else? It's not mucusy.

38 weeks! 9 days left!

Is a "membrane sweep" something they do in America? No one has mentioned it or anyone I know had one...

Chel in the uk we call it a stretch and sweep. Is that more familiar?

Broken I&#8217;m glad your MW is getting stuff done! I hope things get moving for you.

Ricschick sitting in the sun sounds like the perfect medicine.

Chel in the states everyone is most commonly looked after by OBs who are more likely to use medical induction rather than sweeps or taking a more &#8216;natural&#8217; approach. In saying that, I had never heard of it until I had my dd and didn&#8217;t know anyone that had it done. Once I had it and talked to people about it I found that several people had but they just didn&#8217;t mention it prior to.

So I&#8217;ve been having more BH or mild contractions. Yesterday I had more intense acupuncture, went for a long walk, rolled in my ball amd had dh hit some &#8216;points&#8217; in my feet to stimulate things. Bowels are moving freely this am and I&#8217;m starting my ticture from the ND today. I&#8217;m so damn uncomfortable and irritable, I just want this baby girl to join us ASAP.

Congrats Viera and Chibi!

Cheluzal-In the states they refer to it as "stripping the membranes." My OB offered to do it for me last time, but usually I don't think they offer it until you're due or overdue. I think if they offer it to me I'm going to accept it this time; last time I refused and ended up having to get induced.

I'm feeling like this baby is never going to come. This surprised me, but my OB told me that since I went to 41+2 with baby #1, that I would probably go overdue again this time. I thought they weren't supposed to make predictions like that! anyway, I'm really hoping I don't go overdue again. My goal date would be 5/17 because that'll work out best for my maternity leave.

Feeling irritable also, oh my goodness. But thankfully I've only had ONE person ask me if I was in labor yet. Once the questions start increasing towards the end I'm probably going to be downright snotty, lol.

Never heard it mentioned at all by anyone. Since I'm being induced at 39 (9 days!) I will have the Cervadil et al to get things going. Thanks, all.

Babies coming! How exciting. Can't wait to see pics.

Feeling much better but oh so uncomfortable. My days are mixed up being off work most of the week.

Good for you Ricschick. You will have such a lovely time!! Much better than sitting at home. I wish I had something to keep my mind off of being pregnant. I legitimately wish I could go on vacation right now!!

This baby is taking forever. I’m so sick of being pregnant and am getting to the angry point when I wake up every morning with no labour. I want to hide away in a hole, I hate being overdue so much but if I have my baby any later than Saturday morning that totally shortens the time DH can be home... so if I don’t have the baby by Saturday morning then I don’t want her until Wednesday night. But then I’ll be 3 days over due and just angry as heck. I wish I hadn’t told anyone my actual due date because now everyone will be texting. And I swear it’s this “bag of waters” below her head that’s keeping me from going into labour.

I feel absolutely miserable and have for a week. Severe nausea every time I eat, so uncomfortable when trying to sleep. Sore body and boobs and everyone is getting completely on my nerves.

Sorry for the moan, wow I feel so pissed off!!!

Reiko you are singing my song! I really hope she comes soon for you.

MW is coming in a of couple hours to do a sweep. I started my tincture from the ND (absolutely disgusting) and hoping the combo will set things in to motion.

Thank goodness broken! Glad it all worked out!!!
Reiko I really feel for you!! I hope baby comes soon for you!!!! Big hugs to you!!
I think il end up going over I just have a feeling!!

Back from my sweep. Midwife said it was a good sweep, she was able to get a finger in my cervix and give everything a good sweep round. She's written in my notes that my cervix is anterior and soft, baby is at -2 station.
I went for a walk for a about an hour afterwards around town, and me and hubs are gunna dtd when DS goes to bed haha.

I feel pretty crampy, like period cramps so I'm really hoping this kicks everything off.

I'm so sorry people are miserable and uncomfortable. I'm with you all there. This end bit is such a long slog and it feels like we're going to be pregnant forever doesn't it.

BROKen that sounds really promising!! I think anterior cervix is good for labour right!? If you&#8217;re crampy already I&#8217;d definitely say that&#8217;s a good sign too!!

More poops over here... oh dear I hope this doesn&#8217;t last long. Nausea and poops are not a fun way to spend your last few pregnant days blah.

Broken all sounds promising!! Fx!!!
Good signs for you too reiko!!! Fx

Poops are good Reiko, body is cleaning out!!! Nausea not so fun though.

Well I had my sweep and MW said cervix is now anterior and has softened. Lots of bloody show and what I guess is some of my mucous plug. Just went for a walk and having some mild contractions. Now back and bouncing on my ball. I have a lot of mild pressure as well both on bladder and bum. I so hope I can get this baby out this weekend. She said she would be back Sunday to do another if I&#8217;m still pregnant.

Anterior is the position the cervix needs to be in for labour Reiko. So it's a good sign!

I've had a couple of what I think are actual contractions. Wave like feeling of intensity, rock hard bump, period pain and back pain. Not super painful yet, but I'm definitely noticing them.

Gunna go dtd and see if that moves anything along. I've had no show or anything, no bleeding after the sweep either. Baby is SUPER active though, I hope he's wriggling down where he needs to be.

Ready is right Reiko, poops are good. Body is clearing everything out. Fx something happens soon for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->