May Marvels 2018

Ohhh all these sweeps and almost-happenings! All quiet over here, which is fine by me...was hoping to have at least a few days to just do as I please, and looks like I'm going to get them. Walked a ton today, wrote more thank-yous, met up with a coworker (I rarely see any of them, so it's always a fun treat), did a massive load of laundry (all towels and washcloths!).

Update: Contractions are still here, around 10min. apart and painful but I can breath through them OK. Not getting any stronger or closer together yet so I am staying put for now (and having lunch, haha) Just washed a bunch of molton blankets in a panic though as they were smelly from staying in the drawer so long...and just started packing baby's bag. I am so unprepared...

Oooooo Chibi go mama go! This could be it!

I got up this morning to find bubbas head is no longer super low and painful. Awesome. He's probably moved back up. My small dude, the exit is down there, get back in place!

Hubs last shift before he goes on leave today. It's a 14 hour-er, with the possibility of an extra 10+ hours at work on call. So I might not see him until tomorrow morning.

It should be my last school run too, but DS has come down with a bug. Poor kid. So we're gunna have a movie day and relax.

Oh chi how exciting!!!! Fx you’ll have your baby today!!!!

Ahh hope he feels better broken!! The kids school is closed today for polling day so I’m chilling out not having to do the school run until Tuesday!! Woohoo!! Still don’t no what to do this weekend 🤦🏼*♀️🤷🏼*♀️

Go, Chib! Hope this is it :)

Chel - I hope you're feeling better.

Reiko and everyone else - hope things start to move for you.

Broken - hope your little man starts to feel better soon.

We're all still sick here, with whatever virus is going around. I do hope she stays in until we're better.

I had my 38 week midwife appointment today. She said that they don't offer sweeps until 41 weeks, and you can only have two sweeps in total. If nothing happens, they induce around 12 days past due date.
I had 3 sweeps with DS. She seemed rather surprised at that.

Agcam it is interesting the different practices around the world. Our MWs are more about informed choices and supporting the mother through them. Did your MW tell you the reason they wait and only do 2?
Sorry you are all sick, I hope it passes soon.

Broken sorry your little guy is under the weather. I hope he feels better soon.

I’m feeling rage-y again today! I did read that the mood swings can be an indicator that labour is approaching but this has been days worth of it!

He's feeling better this afternoon! Big relief as he's been sick since Tuesday night. Happy mama over here.

Raging human though, it's the first nice day for about a week where I live. Everyone has washing on the line outside. Some absolute genius has decided to have a fire somewhere. At 3pm. On a spring day. When everyone has washing out.
So I've had to rush out, bring it all in even though some of it isn't dry to get it away from the smoke smell. I succeeded but my actual house smells of smoke.
Basically I'm just an angry human. Why are people so selfish. Wait until tonight when people have brought washing in before you light fires for goodness sake! I'm pretty sure there are bylaws about this. :mad:

Ahhh Chib that sounds soo promisiing!! I hope you’ve had that little darling already!!!

Broken sorry your little guy doesn’t seem to get where to head. I feel the same with this little girl lol!! Like we need the pressure from your heads to help dilate!!

I’m seriously considering EPO vaginally because I’ve heard it helps break waters... but it seems so sketchy. Things will go better if I wait for the natural timing but I really do not want to go overdue. I woke up at 3am and I was so pissed that I wasn’t in labour. I felt like total crap yesterday from that sweep and for absolutely nothing to come of it. Nauseous all day, sore back and legs all day. I cannot believe it didn’t put me into labour last night. Just totally ticked off over here!!

And I’ve got the texts coming in... my MIL “want to have a baby tonight” and “I want her to be born on the weekend” and my sister this morning “still pregnant?”

ARRRRRGGGGGGGG

Reiko I would blow a gasket! Luckily all the in laws texted dh yesterday. I would have lost my shit. As for the EPO I’ve read a few things on it and the negative is higher risk of intervention and hemorrhage. It deterred me from using it.

Broken what could they possibly be burning during the day, during the week?? That’s annoying. We’ve had so many gloomy days for months that it is adding to my misery. Yesterday was beautiful but today it’s back to gray and cloudy!!! I’m sick of it.
I’m also sick of dh opening his mouth and saying stupid stuff. I don’t know if he thinks he’s being funny or what but the other night he asked if I was still irritable and so I said ( very matter of fact) that I have this uncontrollable urge to rip his face off!! Bahahaha...his response? ‘Oh, well that’s not good!’

Feeling much better today, just serious tight. A tiny tiny smidgen of brown on pantyliner but I think it's residual from the two nurses with the world's shortest fingers.

Just met OB who will deliver. I like her! She just got back from maternity leave, is younger, and is very patient with labor and avoiding a c-section. She'll let me eat breakfast the morning after Cervadil starts, and I felt good about her plan and approach.

Breast pump should be in any day now. Baby looks good. 10 days and counting!

I did the EPO the evening we went to the hospital so hubs won't let me take it anymore, just in case it caused me that painful reaction. I'm going to sit/bounce on yoga ball and pray my body dilates by date or with Cervadil help.

Oooooo Reiko I would be fuming. I would have text your MIL back and advised her to have her own baby and then she can try and pick when it arrives. Omg I'm so angry on your behalf. Ooooooo. Want me to tell your in laws where to go!?

I'm lucky in so far as no one is harassing us. But then everyone has "the plan" and knows nothing is likely to happen before tomorrow at the earliest. If they do start (unlikely, since they don't really care and I'm in pretty much constant contact with the ones that do care) I will be sending snappy msgs back and ignoring calls. I don't give a toss who's feefees get hurt. Leave the pregnant lady alone!

Ready I have no idea what they would want to burn. It absolutely enraged me though. I'm so glad there was no baby stuff, it was everyday washing. If it was baby stuff I would have had to re wash it all and I might have found the neighbour and choked them.

Irritable you say? Me? Nahhhh *eyeroll*

My DH keeps coming out with stupid stuff as well. I'm trying really hard not to tell him to eff off tbh. He means well but shuttttt uppppp about stuff you know nothing about.
He seems to think once baby is out all my pain will magically disappear. And yes lots of it will, but I'll get a lot of new pains from yknow... pushing out a child!

Ugh I'm a grump. I want this kid out.

Back from my growth scan, baby is around 50th centile so all ok there but now they are saying the fluid is measuring higher end, consultant wasn't too worried but because it was noted I have to go back next week for another check. Just want this baby out safely now! The consultant said if I have labour pains or think my waters have gone I need to go straight in because with slightly higher fluid levels baby can be unstable and an arm or the cord could get in the way...argh don't want to think about scary stuff happening!

Chib...eeek maybe not long until you meet your baby, so exciting.

I think whatever we do they just come when they are ready. I don't mind if I had a sweep but don't think i'll try much else as I want my body to start off when it is ready.

I hate the stupid comments people make like yesterday mil came over she did a bit of cooking ( and left a mess) and as she was leaving said “ don’t have baby tonight I’m tired!!” I could have punched her!! Oh yes of course mil il keep her in because YOUR TIRED jeez!!!!
I too am on the irritated spectrum!! And feel fed up it feels like forever until I have this baby!! I’m so sore too I walked to the post office this afternoon and I felt sooo crampy and sore and it’s only at the end of the street!!
I might just go to the caravan because if I sit indoors all weekend waiting for something to happen it’s gonna give me the ump!!

Thought I would check in to see how things are and if any of these naughty babies have made an appearance yet!!

I’m 38 and 1 day and just starting to have a clear snotty discharge today - it’s always been watery or milky up till this point so hoping somethings happening!!

Feel like I’m still in for a long old wait yet!

Sending love to all xxx

Oh my. Missed a call from my MIL this morning and when I texted her back a few hrs later apologizing for missing her call she said “just checking in”. HONESTLY DOES SHE THINK I WILL NOT TELL HER WHEN THE BABY IS BORN.

Ricschick I hate those “don’t have the baby yet” comments they’re awful. Like I don’t know if people are trying to be funny. My sister is a nurse and is like, don’t have the baby while I’m on my set of nights. I’m like, I don’t care what you’re doing, it’s not your baby, it’s definitely not about you at all!!

Lost a decent amount of plug today so that’s at least something!

More browner/tan discharge on liner. Could be from cervical check...could it be something else? It's not mucusy.

38 weeks! 9 days left!

Is a "membrane sweep" something they do in America? No one has mentioned it or anyone I know had one...

Baby boy Magnus was born yesterday at 17:20pm. 3.5kg, 50cm. :) :) :)

CHIB!!! That's amazing! Congrats mama xx Hope you are doing well and it was a fantastic labour!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->