May Marvels 2018

Anyone have a baby that won’t let you put them down? The only way I’ve been able to get sleep is by sitting in a recliner all night with her and letting her sleep in my arms. Hopefully it’ll pass?! Basically every second she’s awake she wants to be nursing as well.

Raising a weary hand here. Siler refuses to sleep in his bassinet or crib at night. Sleeping by me in the guest bed (firmer than master bed) seems to work. Last night he slept midnight-6:45!

I'm trying to cluster pump in mornings when hubs has him and over the weekend...I'm just producing what he needs but he's eating more. He's looking around and chilling in pack and play (and occasionally naps there) so he's maturing and starting to slowly settle into life off my body, ha. *crossing fingers*

Not loving newborn stage but trying to enjoy it. I can't wait until he can respond and interact better with me.

Summer sleeps right beside me in bed and I nurse her sidelying. There’s no way she’d sleep in her own bed besides the short stretch she does from maybe 12-3? She’ll nap for a bit in her bed during the day though. No news from Kitten hey? She’s was due for a homebirth so I’m teally curious how it went!!

Rosie I hope all is well and you’re home soon — good job on that induction mama!!

How’s everyones lochia? Mine is almost completely gone but every few days I get a gush of brown blood. Annoying as swimming season is starting here soon and DHs parents have a pool! Hopefully it’s done soon.

Mines to the point where I’m questioning if I still need a pad, but darent risk going without as there’s still blood when I wipe y’know.
My boobs are still leaking as well, which is far more distressing tbh.

I started up birth control yesterday which my doctor said could send my bleeding all weird and irregular now though.

Congratulations Rosie...I love her name.

Mrs I’m 12 days in and still have one sore Tata. For whatever reason the left side is posing an issue for Dylan to latch and maintain nursing without moving up and down my nipple. It stresses me out.

Lochia almost done for me or seems to be getting close. Panty liner only and hardly anything on it. Still light brown when I wipe.

Dylan already seems to have somewhat of a night schedule that is working for us. She sleeps about 4 hours from 9-1/10-2, nurses and then back to sleep for another 3 hours which gets us to 6-7am. The past 4 days I have gotten up feeling somewhat normal. She does nurse like a maniac all day but I can handle it if it means some sleep during the night.

I'm down to a pantyliner with very light tan stuff in it; nothing on toiler paper when I wipe. I still pat. I guess the stitches have dissolved but I'm still scared to pull paper across just in case.

I think we're buying a little co-sleeper bassinet for in the bed between us. Siler slept through the night again (11p-7a) in the guest bed with me right by him and him snugged tight in his woombie, but I miss my softer bed! I miss my husband.

I also need to get out of the house. I'm going bonkers. I feel trapped in the house with him being in my arms almost non-stop. He is napping a bit in the pack and play again, but I'm tired of camping out on the couch. Think we'll run errands tomorrow just to get me out. Siler goes to church next Sunday!

Reiko, Thea has also slept so much better beside me at night. I have a next to me bed attached to mine but it's still too far away for her. All of mine have needed to be snuggled and close.
Lochia is slowing down, I'm a week since having Thea. It seems to stop but I did a bit more yesterday which started it off again I think.

Chel...yes, get out and about and hopefully you will feel better. We've only had a few days at home before needing to be out doing stuff.

Chel do you have anything to babywear? I highly recommend a stretchy wrap, put that baby on you and you can go anywhere!! Apparently it’s more mentally stimulating for them being in a carrier vs a stroller too when out and about since they have a different viewpoint. That’s what I’ve read at least.

Broken I’m sorry you’re still leaking! Is that a long time? Are you engorged at all? I know after I was done BF my babies at 18 months I still had milk for a really really long time. But not leaking because by then it’s all adjusted properly. Ricschick how’s the milk/boobs situation going for you?

Some of you guys have such good sleepers — I’m jealous! Summer sleeps well up until 2 then she grunts for the rest of the night it seems and keeps us up.

Chel do you have anything to babywear? I highly recommend a stretchy wrap, put that baby on you and you can go anywhere!! Apparently it’s more mentally stimulating for them being in a carrier vs a stroller too when out and about since they have a different viewpoint. That’s what I’ve read at least.
He's too tiny for our carrier, lol! I'm going to try a wrap but I'm not spending money for a piece of fabric. Just found a DIY youtube tutorial on making one with stuff I already have. I'm no fan of long-term car seats/stroller anyway.

Some of you guys have such good sleepers — I’m jealous! Summer sleeps well up until 2 then she grunts for the rest of the night it seems and keeps us up.
Siler slept 11p-7a again! I guess we can't have it both ways: we get a super awesome sleeper...so long as he's right next to me, ha. We'll go with for another 9 weeks or so and keep working on the bassinet or crib. He's only 3 weeks today.

Lyra is not sleeping at night so far, but it's early days and I know that lower birth weight babies need to build up with demand feeding during the night so I'm happy to crack on. There are no school runs this week and him indoors is off all week so I don't need to do much else.

Is anyone else on Clexane?!

Congrats Rosie!! Love her name!!

Willa ended up with a mild cold. Was probably inevitable since my toddler was running around and spreading his cold germs everywhere. She was super lethargic yesterday and slept most of the day, besides some nursing sessions. I was getting really worried and my postpartum hormones started to get the better of me and I cried about it multiple times yesterday. Just felt so bad for my baby and was terrified it would turn into something worse. However, it’s been about 36 hrs and she already seems to be better. Maybe it’s the marathon nursing she’s been doing!

As for lochia, I can’t believe it’s clearing up for some people already?! With my son I ended up bleeding 5.5 weeks! Really hope it’s shorter this time.

Reiko nope not engorged or sore. But they’re just randomly leaking so I’m still wearing breast pads. I googled and it said the hormones are supposed to stop in 7-10 days if you’re not feeding. But it’s been 3 weeks now.

Rosie what’s clexane?

Oh I tried to answer, flipping interwebs.

Clexane is blood thinner I think. I'm perceived as a clot risk due to ticking some risk factor boxes such as being over age 35, high BMI and on my 4th baby. Not the most fun, but better than a thrombosis...

I'm going to head to the Facebook group and ask Kitten if she's okay...

Sasha has had her baby too, last Thursday, that may be all of us. Will look next time I'm on a laptop.

I had 10 days of fragmin injections. They’re a blood thinner I think. Because I was immobile for 12/13 after birth. I tried to protest but they were very insistent lol!
But as you say, better than aa blood clot

Congrats ladies on your beautiful little ones!

I know I've been quiet. Been struggling with nursing. My supply has been up and down, and I've developed a clogged milk duct that is stubbornly staying put. Any advice for that ladies?

Also my MIL just left so :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Viera...I've had that before with my son. I recommend lots of massaging the area that is blocked, helpful to do this in a hot shower. You can also put a hot flannel on the blocked area and then express. It might take a few days to stop the pain.

Thea is having a pretty restless day and feeding constantly, which I guess is increasing my milk supply but I feel a bit sorry for my little boy because I just sense he is feeling a bit left out. Hoping to spend lots of time with him having fun once we are properly settled. My daughter being that bit older understands a lot more and is fine.

Deffo warm flannels and some hand expressing to relieve ducts...

After three days of Lyra not wanting to be put down, she's now seemingly cool with it... Must have been waiting for the milk proper to come in...

I love that we are all talking ‘baby talk’ now and done with the pregnancy chit chat.
Anyone BF have issues with baby’s latch on just one side? Dylan latches fine on the right side, no pain or discomfort but on my left side she’s really tight when she latches and sometimes it hurts.

Boobs are fine now reiko a d have shrunk back down to size lol!!
I was on blood thinners too!! Dh has to inject me everyday for 10 days which was definitely a first for me!! It’s funny how things change so quickly after each child!!
Billie has settled into a good routine now where she sleeps a good 3-5 hours at night so I can live on that for now!! Very chilled and goes back to sleep very easily.

Right my birth story! Lol
Saturday morning we dtd and got up and dressed to go out as dh had to collect a car. We went out popped to McDonald’s ( thank god we did) I dropped dh off and i went home. Kids were in various places over the house so I laid on the sofa. I was just dozing off when a slight sharp pain startled me and my first thought was “was that my waters?” As I laid there I wriggled a little to see if water was going to come out which it didn’t so I continued to lay there and then I felt a gush!! So got up went to the loo where I sat there while my waters started to trickle. Called dh who was still at his friends house and he was home within 20 mins along with his mother so god knows how fast he was driving lol. Told my daughter to get ready as she was coming to the birth too, I jumped in the shower and then we headed to the hospital.
They checked me to see if it was my waters which of course it was! And asked what time they had gone which I didn’t no but luckily Ellie had looked at the time and it was 1:50pm. They took us to l&d and the doctor decided to put me straight on the hormone drip to get my contractions going as I have GBS this was about 5pm. Mw was lovely and as I started to contract she was teaching dh and Ellie about birth and even got out props lol. Contractions got stronger and I started on gas n air, oh and before I went on the drip they checked me and I was only 1cm and my cervix was high!
I was contracting well so the mw turned down the drip, come 8pm the mw changed over and the new mw was told not to turn up the drip as I was contracting well. Anyway after about 30mins another random mw came in and told the new mw to turn up my drip! Which was a big mistake as this lead to my uterus being over stimulated and my contractions started coupling up which meant I was having 2 contractions in 1! And I’ve never felt pain like it!! I begged for the epidural they checked my I was 4cm! After 30mins or so I was in agony and finally the guy came in to give me the epidural but it was too late I needed to push, so I’d gone from 4-10cm in about 30mins!! I was pushing for about 20mins I think it’s all quite vague and she crowned with her left hand up by her head and she came out like superman lol!! Thankfully no stitches or anything, I had to lay there for 4 hours after while I had a strong hormone thing via a drip to make sure my uterus contracted, and it also took 30mins for me to deliver the placenta. Thankfully I had minimal bleeding but I did feel so sore afterwards and needed morphine for the after pain. By far my most painful labour and I kicked the mw as she put her finger up my bum lol!! Trying to put in a painkiller!! Was home by the afternoon the next day.

Ready...same as you, Thea latches on pretty well on the right hand side but the left side she still has to perfect lol...it is more painful and whatever she is doing is quite pinchy!

On another note my OH booked himself in for the snip...tomorrow!! I just feel it is way too soon and am hoping I can talk him out of it tonight. For starters he is meant to be off work helping me, I don't fancy getting no sleep, looking after 3 kids and him. He hasn't read up about it at all so thinks it isn't going to stop him doing anything. As much as I agree that 3 kids is our limit, Thea is only 1 week old, it just seems to soon to me.
Fingers crossed I can get him to wait a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->