May Marvels 2018

I'm wondering about iron as well. I have a to get all my bloods redone because the ones I had done my first trip to emerg for HG aren't being sent to my mw! So I'll see if my iron has changed at all. My hemoglobin 6 weeks ago was 140 which is great. I have ended up with low iron both pregnancies by 2nd tri.

KItten good luck with your homebirth! Your midwives sound very level headed which is great. I'm definitely one to say don't fear labour... your mind plays a huge role in how you progress and handle the changes of labour. I had a friend who was highly anxious, and wanted a homebirth so badly. I know because of her anxiety there's no way she could progress at home... ended up with a transfer and a c section. Her midwife kept saying she should consider a hospital birth. I think they can take a look at a mom and see if it will work for a hb. The good ones at least. My SIL needed an epi to be able to dialate because she was so in control of her own body and could let relax. I mean, yes labour freaking hurts but it's something to push into not run away from!!

Ready I am too scared to start weaning my diclectin! But I just got an rx for 180 pills and it was almost $300... that will last 22 days. I don't really want to get another refill after that! So I need to wean my 8 a day down a little bit... I think I'll start next week eek!

I agree Reiko that fearing labour does you no good and if anyone is they should seek out a doula. There focus is solely on the mother to help and guide (if needed). My mom is my doula (although not a doula). She has been there for each of my births and knows when to help and when to keep her distance. She actually was good support for my husband (he’s super sensitive). I would snap at him when he touched me and she told him it’s just the pain talking. He may have retreated to a corner if she wasn’t there lol.
Reiko-for my own sanity I need to wean off the pills. I’m 12 wks tomorrow so things should start to subside (fingers crossed). This week I’m going to lessen to 2 pills and see how it goes. The cost is crazy and thankfully we have coverage because I almost started crying when I first got them. As an FYI they do have a generic Diclectin now that is half the cost. It might be worth asking your pharmacist. I got mine for Shoppers Drugmart.

Ready - I do know about the generic diclectin! My mw said they put a filler in there that had unfortunately not been tested in pregnancy. Some sort of fake sugar like aspartame. Not that but something like that, so she wanted me to stick with the regular. I hate them so much so I'd love to wean off soon too!!

Omg really? I didn’t know that! I have taken 1/3 of my pills!! More reason to stop them I guess. This is why I hate taking pills.

https://m.medsask.usask.ca/documents/hot-topics/Generic Diclectin and Mannitol Statement1.pdf

Here's a little statement on it... looks like it isn't considered a big deal so don't worry about it :)

12 weeks today! :happydance:

My stomach has popped out enormously this weekend. On Friday evening I had such stretching pains on my sides. Not pains really, but my skin and everything felt like it was stretching so much it was uncomfortable. DH suddenly caught sight of me and was like 'woah! Your tummy has totally grown!'. I suddenly look very definitely pregnant.
Just 8 more days til my next scan! :dance: really hoping to find out the gender then. We did with both boy pregnancies so hoping we can again.

Happy 12 weeks Huggles!! It feels so strange to be behind you when we started off with the same due date.

Happy 12 weeks Huggles!! It feels so strange to be behind you when we started off with the same due date.

I'm pretty sure you'll be put back to your normal dates by your next scan. I never go by dates of early scans, they're almost always behind the LMP dates and generally hospitals and doctors always work on LMP dates. Measurements at 10-12 weeks are the most accurate for dating.

Happy 12weeks huggles and RnW!!! Wow it's gone quite fast really!!

To me I like the security of a hospital although I couldn't have a homebirth even if I wanted one as I'm treating for group b strep with antibiotics before birth. I like being at hospital it gives me some piece lol!! X

These past five days or so have been horrible MS-wise so I haven’t even bothered posting. My husband has felt the need to have garlicky foods all weekend so he just freaking reeked yesterday..I could barely even stand to be near him. My irritability is at an all-time high. My son wakes up super early, breathes in my face when I’m feeling sick, and climbs all over me when my boobs are super sensitive. I seriously need a day alone in a padded room, lol.

I'm pretty sure you'll be put back to your normal dates by your next scan. I never go by dates of early scans, they're almost always behind the LMP dates and generally hospitals and doctors always work on LMP dates. Measurements at 10-12 weeks are the most accurate for dating.

They end up putting my due day back around 5 days with my son too. I think I ovulate a bit later so it chucks everything off. That's why I accepted what EPU said, cos it's probably closer than my LMP

Happy 12weeks huggles and RnW!!! Wow it's gone quite fast really!!

To me I like the security of a hospital although I couldn't have a homebirth even if I wanted one as I'm treating for group b strep with antibiotics before birth. I like being at hospital it gives me some piece lol!! X

I don't know about where you are but here you can go the the hospital to get the abx and then go back home to birth !! I'm glad you've had good experiences at the hospital and feel safe there!! With all your kids it would be good to spend a few days just you and the baby too I'm sure.

I don't think baby showers or gender reveal are massive in the UK but im excited to do one lol not sure when I'll do it but probs around March.

One of the groups I'm in on Facebook throw virtual baby showers aswell which will be fun.

14 more days untill the scan time is going so slow!

I'd be way 2 scared to have a home birth lol I want a water birth without drugs but I don't know if I could be it without knowing I'm close enough to medical equipment if I did need it.

These past five days or so have been horrible MS-wise so I haven’t even bothered posting. My husband has felt the need to have garlicky foods all weekend so he just freaking reeked yesterday..I could barely even stand to be near him. My irritability is at an all-time high. My son wakes up super early, breathes in my face when I’m feeling sick, and climbs all over me when my boobs are super sensitive. I seriously need a day alone in a padded room, lol.

This has been me for the past few weeks! Irritation mixed with some crazy rage equals NO FUN! My dd was blowing in my face like she knew I couldn’t handle the smell. On several occasions she did this plus crawling on me or sitting as close to me as possible. Dh learned his lesson a few years ago about making smelly food when I am pg so this go around he’s either kept it low key or bought take out lol. I feel your pain and hope it subsides soon for you.

Afm- I got the results back from the NIPT blood work and everything is low risk which is great. Plus...we are having a girl!!! Intuition was right I guess. The good news is we have a ton of girl stuff so money will be saved! Yay.

Oooh, yay for a girl RnW!!! So exciting! And happy 12 weeks!

Aw ready a girl!! You will love it... I love having girls. Would readily welcome another into our family. Is that our first confirmed gender?

So I decided to cut 1 of my 8 diclectin pills out and am paying for it this morning. Feel really yucky and gagging. Lots of Halloween prep to keep us busy around this house today though so got to get my act together!!

I don't think baby showers or gender reveal are massive in the UK but im excited to do one lol not sure when I'll do it but probs around March.

One of the groups I'm in on Facebook throw virtual baby showers aswell which will be fun.

14 more days untill the scan time is going so slow!

I'd be way 2 scared to have a home birth lol I want a water birth without drugs but I don't know if I could be it without knowing I'm close enough to medical equipment if I did need it.

can you have a water birth at your hospital?

Thanks ladies!
Reiko I decided to not take my pills last night or this am and threw up before I went to work and when I got to work! I’m going to push through and suck it up and hope the journey towards 2nd tri will include no more sickness. I think I need to eat around 3am to ward off the grossness that comes in the am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->