May Marvels 2018

Not the best pic but heres my 11 week bloat bump!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 14
With dd I had wicked SI joint pain to the point that getting in and out of bed and basic walking was painful. I have a friend who is a Chiro and helped me function. PGP sounds just as awful and hopefully you ladies can get ahead of it if that’s even possible.
Emzy you are looking wonderful! I say rock it if you got it! I’m done trying to hide it and want to let this baby shine even if it’s just my fat being pushed upwards and outwards lol!!

The way people vomit on tv and in movies is hilarious. I'm literally bawling by the time I'm done, it wrecks your makeup if you have any on. And it takes like 10 mins not 30 seconds.

Not sure what pgp is, I had spd last time which is symphisis pubis disorder, which is the joint right in the front of your pubic bone. It was stabbing pain every time I moved from about 20 weeks. I'm hoping I don't get it again!!

Also have a little bit of a undeniable bump. I'm skinny so it looks out of place to have this fat belly, but only in tight shirts. With a sweatshirt I can still hide it. I'm not sure I'll be able to fit my work clothes when I go back next week though. All my pregnancy clothes are still way too big though. I'm sure I'll have a decent size bump In the next few weeks because it's my 3rd... I'll be excited to see that!

Hi, ladies! So glad to hear the good news about scans and lessening sickness for those who are having positive news. Really crushed to hear about the losses :hugs: I am so afraid something will happen to my little bean... I actually had spotting yesterday, bad enough that I was a bit worried. But it ebbed off and never got to be anything heavy. It just came all at once in a big spot and then stopped, but I had mild to moderate cramping for hours. The OB says all is fine and thinks it was from the pelvic exam she did on Monday. I did have to get a Rhogam shot today, though. Ugh... I don't mind needles or shots, usually, but that one stung something awful! I'm already dreading the one I'll get at 28 weeks :nope:

It's so exciting to hear people talking about 2nd trimester coming soon, names, baby bumps, and other signs of progress. I'll be 10 weeks on Saturday and I'm still feeling good, so I guess I'm lucky, aside from the uncontrollable blood sugars. The OB said not to worry, though, as they only get stressed out about blood sugars when they are in the 300s, and mine have all been under 210 (mostly way under).

This PGP is news to me... and I am not liking what I'm hearing. I hope you can get treatment quickly, Broken. Emzy, your experience sounds really scary and painful! I'm now praying fervently that I don't get PGP :dohh:

Anyway, happy end of the week, everyone! I still have some catching up to do, as this thread moves fast :haha:

PGP sounds awful!! I get siatica quite a lot in pregnancy and achy legs and hips, my hips are starting to ache already especially if I lay on one side for long.

Wicky glad the spotting was short lived!

Sorry for the depressing post, ladies, but it looks like I'll be leaving you all. :nope:

I woke up to bleeding this morning, went to my OB this afternoon. I had an ultrasound done and baby was measuring 9 weeks (I'm supposed to be 10+5) and its little heart was no longer beating :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so beyond heartbroken and not even sure how to handle it.

I wish you all the very best and thank you for making my time as a May Marvel as great as it was :flower:

Dang. :flow::flow:

Sorry ladies, I have a really hard time keeping up with this thread! I just saw this post and I’m so very sorry, Aidensxmomma. I’ve been there too and I know your heartbreak. Massive hugs and lots of love. I hope you get your rainbow soon.

Not good news from me. Baby only measuring 6 weeks with no heartbeat. They said they have to follow protocol and re-scan in a week to make sure nothing progresses but I am supposed to be 11 weeks so I know it's not good news and would rather it was just all over than have to wait another week.
Can't believe this has happened to us again I am completely heartbroken.

Ugh so sorry! No words, just lots of comfort and love your way. I hope you get your rainbow soon. Much love.

Got the results of my blood work a couple days ago and it’s negative for any abnormalities of chromosomes 13, 18, and 21. The NT measurement was 1.20 mm. So all that’s a big relief! Now we wait for our anatomy scan on December 11, which seems like forever but on the other hand, this pregnancy is flying by as it’s just over a week before I enter the second trimester. All day sickness is persistent though! Ugh! Why are boy names so difficult?! For a boy we like Andor or Rian. Still need to come up with middle names. Our girl name is Nava Rose. We like unique names. My 20 month rainbow is Linnéa Alexandra.

Oh, Gray and aidensxmomma. My heart just breaks for you both. Sending you both lots of love & hoping to see your rainbows here before long.

I skip catching up for a few days and there is soooooo much news! But I feel lucky when I get to catch up with everyone here. Such a good group.

Chibi, gotta admit I'm a little jealous of your movie-size ultrasound screen! When I had some diagnostic ultrasounds earlier this year, there was a GREAT screen, but the hospital where I'm doing pregnancy stuff is apparently "turn your head around and look where the tech is looking." Hrmph. I'm not an owl!

Broken, that's so interesting about your name overlap with your friend. I was talking with some friends recently, including a few trans folks, and they noted that trans people often choose a new name that's pretty consistent with the baby names at the time of their transition. (But there are so many ways of finding a fit!) All the Aidens and Henrys I know are either trans or under 6 years old.

I’m still tempted by a Halloween reveal like holding the scan in front of me and saying I couldn’t think of an original costume so I will just be a mummy again...

I can't stop giggling about this; it is so amazing. I'm a sucker for good wordplay and this just unravels beautifully.

Actually Billie is growing on me for a girl it's definitely a bit different!
Our daughter joanie her name is old fashioned but I love it! Her full name is joanie Belle after both dh nan and my nan and she is the only joanie in the whole school!!!

Ricschick, I love Joanie (and Billie) as names!. The only girl Billie I can think of is that woman who played one of The Doctor's companions on Doctor Who. (Although apparently her middle name is Paul! Thanks, Wikipedia.)

Emzy, you look so cute!

Meanwhile, I don't feel like I have anything but the faintest hint of a bump yet, but WOW in the morning it is there. (As soon as I go to the bathroom, it drops again.) My husband and I have been amazed and delighted by the way everything just marches along, slowly (for now) but surely.

I’m getting horrible headaches every day, it’s miserable! Is anyone else getting them?

So, how is everyone?

We have both told our works now - getting real!!

We have our 12 week scan next Friday, then spending next weekend telling all our family - eek!

xxx

So much love for grey and adianxmomma. I was at that point in June she I had my loss so I know your pain! I caught again with 3 months so im.praying for you both!

My nausea eased up for a few days but now it's back again so im.back to feeling miserable. I just really can't wait for this stage to be over. I also really just want it to be the 13th November so I can have my scan!?! I'm so worried something will go wrong but im praying for the best after seeing the heartbeat at 9w1d

It's beginning to feel real I'm excited to find out the gender aswell.

I'm planning ti go for my gendee scan around the 12th drcember when im 17 weeks. Anybody having a gender reveal party or baby shower?

So much love for grey and adianxmomma. I was at that point in June she I had my loss so I know your pain! I caught again with 3 months so im.praying for you both!

My nausea eased up for a few days but now it's back again so im.back to feeling miserable. I just really can't wait for this stage to be over. I also really just want it to be the 13th November so I can have my scan!?! I'm so worried something will go wrong but im praying for the best after seeing the heartbeat at 9w1d

It's beginning to feel real I'm excited to find out the gender aswell.

I'm planning ti go for my gendee scan around the 12th drcember when im 17 weeks. Anybody having a gender reveal party or baby shower?

We are hoping to have a gender scan about 18 weeks - but we may get an additional scan at 16/17 weeks due to there being abnormalities in my family (club feet) so we will see, as if we don't need to go private then we could potentially find out then. Everyone we had told had said girl, but the more people I tell they are saying Boy, and OH is very much Team Blue - so I have no idea!!
I am quietly confident its a girl tho :shrug:

I'll be announcing gender to everyone on Xmas day, and will be having a baby shower, hopefully organised by my sister when she knows! So will prob have that late March/Early April xxx

Emzy I'm waking up everyday with s headache so much so my eyes actually hurt when I move them! And laying on my back has become uncomfortable and I'm waking with a sore back!

Sasha never had a baby shower we don't really do them here, shame really.

We don't have gender reveal parties or baby showers here, either. We just tell people, haha. Our next scan will be on the 20th of November when I will be nearly 16 weeks along. Hope we can have a clearer idea on gender then.

I think we're planing to to go for an early gender scan before Christmas so we can surprise DS at Christmas.

Gender reveal parties are huge here, most people have a baby shower with their first and then do a gender reveal party to celebrate their subsequent babies.

We don't like to draw attention to ourselves so we definitely won't be doing a party. Honestly even telling people we're pregnant is really awkward for me.

But guys... my girls and I spent the past few mins looking through their baby books. We have 2.5 year age gaps so it feels like forever since I've had a baby!! I can't wait for that tiny bundle again. I'm also super excited for labour since we are hoping for a homebirth this time!! Newborn isn't my favourite but from 2months on I just love it, all the milestones and everything. I want this baby tomorrow lol!! 6 more months to wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->