May Marvels 2018

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been awol, been so super shattered, making it through work, getting girls sorted and in bed then going to bed myself most days! Is anyone else still so tired? I don't remember this from last time! I'm also getting awful headaches :(

If anyone needs me to update the first page you're probably best off PMing me, otherwise I'm likely to miss it. I can't keep up in here!

Other than the tiredness and headaches, I'll good here! Gender scan booked for 1st December so not long to wait for that! I'm feeling in that weird in between phase where my 'bump' just looks fat half the time and no clothes seem to look good on me!!

I'm going on Mat leave at 35 weeks, so 11th April and will be taking until 1st December (so I'll get a proper wage in December, just before Christmas!!) How long is everyone else planning on taking? I'm gutted I'll have to go back full time after this baby- I quit work when I had the girls, but that's not an option or even part time as I'm the main earner now that hubby works part time :( Oh well, needs must eh!

Congratulations chibi!

Kitten I concur with being ‘treated as a whole’. I worked with a Naturopath (who was also a TCM practioner and used acupuncture) after a few of my losses and after my 90 mins (yes 90 mins of questions all about me) assessment she devised a plan to get my body on track. 6 months of treatment led to my pg with my son which was the 1st healthy pg in 3 years.
I have my MW appt tomorrow which we will book the anatomy scan hopefully in a couple weeks time. I’ve been struggling a litttle this past week as I get closer to the time my son died. I wake up in the am and wonder ‘will something go wrong today?’
I think it’s time for some Reiki! I don’t want to spend my time worrying that I won’t take this baby home.

I'm going on Mat leave at 35 weeks, so 11th April and will be taking until 1st December (so I'll get a proper wage in December, just before Christmas!!) How long is everyone else planning on taking? I'm gutted I'll have to go back full time after this baby- I quit work when I had the girls, but that's not an option or even part time as I'm the main earner now that hubby works part time :( Oh well, needs must eh!

I have unpaid leave here but they will use your saved sick days (teacher-county employee) and pay that before going to non-paid. I had about 8 weeks paid saved up but I've used so much recently.

I'm due 5 day before school is out so I'll have the summer. I can take leave starting next school year and return in November, but I would love to work PT...we shall see...

Ladies, this MS is still kicking my butt! I've been on the couch all week (missed work all last week) and threw up 3 times before bed last night. I blame hubs: he made me take a shower, lol...it had been too long! :nope:

I'm off all this week for T'giving break so praying that W15 on Friday brings relief!!!!! We've been without internet until today so I'm going bonkers again!

I can't keep up either but I'm going on mat leave at 34 weeks on April 27th and plan to come back beginning of February so I'm taking the full 9 months lol might try and push it to 10 depending on if I can afford it or not xx

Ooh a team blue!! That's exciting! Evening things out in here! 29 days till we find out lol XD

I'm aiming to make it to 28 weeks at work as of now, then I can start on my maternity leave. We have 12 months and they've extended it to 18 if you want less money. I don't think I can afford the less money, but I will take the 12 months and then I can go a few without pay so I can stay off until the baby is at least 1. 12 more weeks... Mentally that's tough but I think I will ok physically.

OT, is anyone here into essential oils? I'm not really yet, but definitely interested. But the EO people turn me off so much. I have 2 friends who are in it and are just going crazy bombarding me trying to get me to sign up with them. SO pushy. It's driving me crazy, like yes I'm interested but not enough to spend all my money and time on them!

And another note. GREEK SALAD. SO good now you guys.

Reiko essential oils can be good for different ailments/conditions but you don’t need a million different kinds. Is it like Tupperware but for essential oils? Why are they trying to sell you on them? I use lavender and tea tree oil for a variety of things but def not a ‘pusher’ lol.
I’m all things Greek! Greek salad, greek pasta salad, greek quinoa, spannokopita...I thinks it’s the salt in the feta. It’s like the pickles! I can’t get enough. Lasagna tonight though! It’s one of about 5 things I’ve cooked in 2.5 months! My poor family lol.

Congrats on being team blue Reiko! I forgot, is that what you were hoping for or did you not care?

So for all of last week, my morning sickness backed off quite a bit. I was getting quite hopeful; the nausea overall seemed less intense and I was throwing up less too...typically 1-2x per day when before it was typically 3-5x a day. I even had a day where I didn't throw up at all. I seemed to feel a little hungrier too. Now I have a cold and the more intense morning sickness seems to be back. Smells were bothering me again big time yesterday too. Why must my body trick me like this?? I literally have never felt "good"(and I say that loosely) for an entire week before. Grr, frustrating. I just want to start enjoying this pregnancy.

I've been feeling some good kicks today though, so that has been nice:)

Mrsstrezy it's chibi who found out she's having a boy. We still have to wait till Christmas!! I am on the fence... I would like a girl because that's what I'm familiar with. Boy seems scary lol!! But we will be happy with a boy too. I know my husband would like a boy and even my team pink 5 year old is coming around to the idea of another boy for "daddy's team" lol!! I think it is a boy but I had one friend yesterday tell me she's sure it's a girl. I think if we had 3 girls I would be ok being done which would make life easier. But if I had a boy I would probably want a 4th to see if we could give him a brother.

Mrsstrezy it's chibi who found out she's having a boy. We still have to wait till Christmas!! I am on the fence... I would like a girl because that's what I'm familiar with. Boy seems scary lol!! But we will be happy with a boy too. I know my husband would like a boy and even my team pink 5 year old is coming around to the idea of another boy for "daddy's team" lol!! I think it is a boy but I had one friend yesterday tell me she's sure it's a girl. I think if we had 3 girls I would be ok being done which would make life easier. But if I had a boy I would probably want a 4th to see if we could give him a brother.

Whoops I’m sorry Chibi! Man I can’t keep things straight these days.

Reiko-Good for you for having HG and actually thinking about having more babies after this! I’ve told my husband that due to the morning sickness, this one will be our last. We only were planning on having two kids anyway, but a couple times he’s even hinted at having a third. I just don’t think I could do this again

Whoops I’m sorry Chibi! Man I can’t keep things straight these days.

Reiko-Good for you for having HG and actually thinking about having more babies after this! I’ve told my husband that due to the morning sickness, this one will be our last. We only were planning on having two kids anyway, but a couple times he’s even hinted at having a third. I just don’t think I could do this again

Oh when I was really sick I was adamant this was our last too... but now that I'm up and about, still nauseous but not vomiting anymore, I'm ok with doing it again (as long as it goes this way again -- no way I could do that severe nvp for 40 weeks). But we will be waiting until I'm 34/35 (4-5 years time), trying for a few months, and if nothing happens, that's it. So I should really be prepared for this to be our last!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in. We found out the sex yesterday at 14 weeks! Hope everyone is doing well!

Attachments

• IMG_8867.jpg
    IMG_8867.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 8
Congrats, Mrs!!!

I haven't had a bleed from my sch in 3 weeks now, and I wish I knew whether or not it was a good thing. I've heard it can be either or (either my body is absorbing it, or the blood is pooling), but as I'm not in any pain (other than normal pregnancy aches) I'm going to be positive and say it's good. I go in again on the 30th, but don't have another scan until the 18th.

Whee! Congrats on the big-headed boy, Chibi!

I'll be lucky if I get more than three months (and I'm not sure what the pay situation will be like, since it depends on our company...I'm at least far from the first mom here). Oh, to be in a country that had any official support for new mothers...I'm glad that so many of you get that, though!

Kitten I concur with being ‘treated as a whole’. I worked with a Naturopath (who was also a TCM practioner and used acupuncture) after a few of my losses and after my 90 mins (yes 90 mins of questions all about me) assessment she devised a plan to get my body on track. 6 months of treatment led to my pg with my son which was the 1st healthy pg in 3 years.
I have my MW appt tomorrow which we will book the anatomy scan hopefully in a couple weeks time. I’ve been struggling a litttle this past week as I get closer to the time my son died. I wake up in the am and wonder ‘will something go wrong today?’
I think it’s time for some Reiki! I don’t want to spend my time worrying that I won’t take this baby home.

Yes! Reiki and whatever else you need. I can't imagine what a trying time this must be for you, though. It sounds like the perfect time to center your needs and support yourself. <3

OT, is anyone here into essential oils? I'm not really yet, but definitely interested. But the EO people turn me off so much. I have 2 friends who are in it and are just going crazy bombarding me trying to get me to sign up with them. SO pushy. It's driving me crazy, like yes I'm interested but not enough to spend all my money and time on them!

And another note. GREEK SALAD. SO good now you guys.

Reiko essential oils can be good for different ailments/conditions but you don’t need a million different kinds. Is it like Tupperware but for essential oils? Why are they trying to sell you on them? I use lavender and tea tree oil for a variety of things but def not a ‘pusher’ lol.
I’m all things Greek! Greek salad, greek pasta salad, greek quinoa, spannokopita...I thinks it’s the salt in the feta. It’s like the pickles! I can’t get enough. Lasagna tonight though! It’s one of about 5 things I’ve cooked in 2.5 months! My poor family lol.

This TOTALLY sounds like Tupperware for essential oils! All those pyramid-scheme-y things. Man. I just can't deal. We use some occasional essential oils in my herbalism class (which is almost over!), and we did a couple in a lymphatic massage blend a couple weeks ago, but our teacher also told me to take it easy on them in general for now (the grapefruit/lemon/bay laurel we used were nice and boring, but no respiratory steams with EOs, for instance).

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in. We found out the sex yesterday at 14 weeks! Hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats on the boy, Ms Friendly!

We had quite the girl posse going there for a while! It's kind of fun to see these bits of news coming in, even if we're still firmly yellow.

Me and the long multi-quote posts. Ha.

I've got time this week, at least! I have Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving (hooray!) and me & my husband took the rest of the week off, too. We did NOTHING yesterday (except go to the gym) and it was perfect. Our cat has been pretty fond of all the sitting around. I'm even reading books again! Checked out "From The Hips" and "Origins" (Annie Murphy Paul) from the library, and have been having a super fun time with Origins so far. Like, duh, the fetal environment affects the eventual child...but TELL ME MORE THIS IS SO INTERESTING.

Congrats, Mrs!!!

I haven't had a bleed from my sch in 3 weeks now, and I wish I knew whether or not it was a good thing. I've heard it can be either or (either my body is absorbing it, or the blood is pooling), but as I'm not in any pain (other than normal pregnancy aches) I'm going to be positive and say it's good. I go in again on the 30th, but don't have another scan until the 18th.

I stopped bleeding last Thursday and it is very stressful wondering if it will start again.
If you're not having pain though, just try and ignore it. It could just be re-absorbed with no issues.

As for maternity leave, we have 90 days here at 50% pay. I will stock it up with a few days annual leave to take a whole three months. However, that means that I will work until nearly up to delivery. As I have a desk job I hope it will be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->