May Marvels 2018

Congratulations Mrs!!

We're evening out now. Please send them pink vibes over here though lol

Ladies that have virtually no mat leave...I hope this doesn’t come across as insensitive but I’m actually (with all the sympathy in me) wondering how you are expected to go to work and leave your 3 month old with someone? Why does anyone (government) think this is ok? Obviously there are females/mothers in positions that could try to change this? I would think it’s easier to find people to replace those on mat leave for a longer period of time rather than only 3 months?
I just think it’s so unfair for all you mothers that aren’t given that time with your babies. Here in Canada most daycares won’t even take babies until they can at least sit up and have good neck strength and then they charge an enormous amount because they are still so little and demand so much attention. I just feel so bad for you ladies! It’s so unfair.

Ms friendly congratulations on having a boy!!!

RnW I agree must be so hard!!!!

Reiko-Good for you for having HG and actually thinking about having more babies after this! I’ve told my husband that due to the morning sickness, this one will be our last. We only were planning on having two kids anyway, but a couple times he’s even hinted at having a third. I just don’t think I could do this again

Same here, and it's my first! I have been too miserable an couldn't do it with a toddler. Plus I'm 40 and hubs is 46 so....we're okay with 1.

Ladies that have virtually no mat leave...I hope this doesn’t come across as insensitive but I’m actually (with all the sympathy in me) wondering how you are expected to go to work and leave your 3 month old with someone? Why does anyone (government) think this is ok? Obviously there are females/mothers in positions that could try to change this? I would think it’s easier to find people to replace those on mat leave for a longer period of time rather than only 3 months?
I just think it’s so unfair for all you mothers that aren’t given that time with your babies. Here in Canada most daycares won’t even take babies until they can at least sit up and have good neck strength and then they charge an enormous amount because they are still so little and demand so much attention. I just feel so bad for you ladies! It’s so unfair.

It's grossly unfair and shocking for such an advanced 1st world nation. I blame the desire to work too much. It started as capitalism and the "American dream" and never adjusted over time.

My baby is born right before summer starts (I'm a teacher) so I'll have a few months anyway. Trying to see if we can live on hubby's salary alone so I can take more time off.
They started a PT teaching where you split the day with another, so I would only work 4 hours. I can do that and daycare would be much cheaper (trying to look into homecare from a lady at my church).

First day in forever I feel normal! No nausea, no pain...just hunger.
Praying it's the new norm and stays this way.
Hopeful I can make T'giving tomorrow now.

Congrats, Mrs!!!

I haven't had a bleed from my sch in 3 weeks now, and I wish I knew whether or not it was a good thing. I've heard it can be either or (either my body is absorbing it, or the blood is pooling), but as I'm not in any pain (other than normal pregnancy aches) I'm going to be positive and say it's good. I go in again on the 30th, but don't have another scan until the 18th.

I stopped bleeding last Thursday and it is very stressful wondering if it will start again.
If you're not having pain though, just try and ignore it. It could just be re-absorbed with no issues.

That's what I'm hoping for, so fingers crossed

Happy to hear no more bleeding from the SCH girls, and Chel hopefully that is 2nd tri kicking in for you and you can enjoy thanksgiving. I would try and keep up with your meds to make sure you don't mess with things though!

Broken sending all my girl vibes to you! Can you guys believe it's already the 22nd? So close to December... it's sneaking up and I still have a few christmas presents to buy. But need to wait till the last minute to buy the stocking treats or I'll eat them all!

We are home this afternoon with nothing to do, and I honestly do not know what to do. We've been busy since I've been back on my feet. Now we have a slow afternoon with nothing to do and not sure what to fill the time with my 2 littles. Too rainy to go outside!

I still have some shopping for me and DH to do. DS is all finished, for both his birthday next week and Christmas. Although I do have stocking fillers to buy too. Maybe no finished haha.

4 more weeks until we found out if all the vibes have worked haha.

I've just started Christmas shopping but aiming to be done by the 1st week in December so we can relax and enjoy December

I have been on a mission to get Christmas shopping done before Dec 1. People get so miserable in Dec while shopping which makes me miserable so I want to avoid that. Lol
Although I have done a ton of shopping i still feel like I have a ton to do.

I think I've chosen the pram I want, it's light weight comes with car seat and carrycot and it has small wheels. And it's a good price I think £269 for all of it.
IMG_7082.jpg

That's a lovely pram Ricschick. I love starry things.

We want to get the star design Moses basket from asda.

Nice pram ricschick! Clicking in the car seat is a feature I love. Our new stroller we can't do that so I'm not sure how that will go... but I'm planning on wearing a lot of the time like I did with my 2nd and using the stroller for the bigger girls so I think it will be ok. But if they're sleeping in their car seat it's nice to be able to connect it to the stroller so they can stay asleep!! Ive gottten a different stroller each time I've had a baby lol! This was the first one I wanted that I finally got. Would've saved us a couple hundred bucks if i had just got it first go around!!

Wishing my nausea would be totally gone over here, it's not bad but mild and constant. Also, my bump has shrunk!?! I'm trying not to worry but it was huge week 13/14 and now I can almost look not pregnant at week 16! My uterus must've shifted but it's so weird. If I wasn't still nauseous I wouldn't feel pregnant at all. Except being exhausted. Is anyone exercising? I quit with the ms but need to start again, but too lazy. Just weight training over here, no cardio XD I hate cardio.

Reiko maybe you had some bloat that contributed to your bloat? My ‘bump’ just keeps getting bigger and more pronounced but I have an extra 15lbs hanging around.
I have done virtually nothing since September but desperately need to get back in to it. I have some pregnancy yoga videos on YouTube that look good and really want to strengthen legs/butts for future squatting/birthing. What are you looking to do?

Me too love to be able to get the car seat out and click it on while dropping kids to school or nipping in the shop and can use the carry cot for longer outings and for when we're down the caravan. Can't wait to get it!!!

Reiko hope your sickness goes I'm still tired too, my bump changes size too tends to be smaller in the morning and bigger at night. Lol.

Ready yoga sounds so nice! Physical but something relaxing about it. I use YouTube videos called FitnessBlender which are awesome. I just do strength training and not the high intensity interval cardio they have because Im underweight and I'd have to eat way more than I do to keep my weight up doing cardio. So I have a couple sets of Dumbbells and do stuff like squats etc. But I might look into prenatal yoga as that sounds relaxing!

My parents picked up my oldest from preschool today and she's decorating their tree and having dinner with them. So I took my 2 year old and we went all around town and did ALL our Christmas shopping!! We only have 2 gifts left but those are DHs responsibility (so they won't be bought until Dec 23-24 lol) so I and done!!! Nov 23 baby!!

I'm thinking about having some other moms over one night for appys and a wrapping party, does that sound like fun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->