May Marvels 2018

I just need to vent this somewhere ladies, my 2 and 4 year old kids don't eat anything at dinnertime. Breakfast and lunch are fine so I know they're not starving. But at dinner time they cry and whine and end up eating half a bite of vegetable, 1 or 2 bites of meat, and then whatever carb I serve (pasta, rice, bread) gets eaten up. I don't even let them eat that until they've had their one bite of vegetable. I know they're just in a picky stage, and I do not think they're lacking for nutrition, but I'm tired of dinner being SO unenjoyable. I do not enjoy sitting down to the table with them... when will dinnertime get enjoyable again!?!?

Reiko I would love to give you positive words/advice but I have none. My dd was an amazing eater until 18 months and then became horrible to the point that she eats only a handful of things. Peanut butter is her main staple (and not the healthy kind, Kraft only), she eats no other meat unless it’s pepperoni on her pizza. She no longer eats any veg and only about 6-8 different fruits. She will eat some dairy yet it’s loaded with hormones and antibiotics so it’s not really a win. Every day I ask her if she wants what we are having and it’s a no. I used to put the food in front of her but she whips her plate/food across the room and I’m not cleaning it up anymore.
For now she eats her foods that she likes (always balanced yet not much variety) and sits at her little table and eats on her own as dinner time was miserable. I will revisit the situation when I feel it’s best to do so. For me, life is too short to fight every night with her and for what?
If you come across any great advice let me know because I’ll try anything. One thing I can offer that does work (periodically) are smoothies that I can add greens and sweet veg (carrots) to and she will drink them. Also, baked goods I add pumpkin, zucchini, carrots, beet purée so I know she at least gets some veg at some point.

I still have shopping to do for everyone! OH gets a bonus paycheck this month (he gets paid every 2 weeks, and we have a third magical check this month that we're going to use on Christmas) so we have been waiting on that.

All mine have gone through a not eating stage! And the key is too not stress!!! I would serve what everyone else was eating and if they didn't eat it they got nothing else. They grew out of it and all of mine are good eaters. We have one rule and that's they are too try everything if they don't like it fair enough but they have to try it!

Ricschick that's pretty much how I do it. I don't make them anything special so if they don't like it there's nothing to eat! But honestly, I make yummy food. I'm not trying to force feed them gross food! I was still sick in bed on Canadian thanksgiving and my DH said MIL was trying to force my oldest to finish her mushroom and broccoli dish and I was just like, there's no way I'd eat that let alone force my 4 year old to clean her plate. Anyways I think I have decided to just not stress about it anymore. They really do eat well at the other meals.

My friend is 39 weeks today and she's getting that feeling where she's going to miss it being just her and her two older kids before the baby comes... I don't envy her. That feeling is the worst. But I suppose it's there to help us bond more with our kids before the baby comes!

Also I'm hoping that 22 weeks today I have this kiddo, at 38+5 lol. Weird thing to think but I need to have the baby on a Wednesday-Friday to maximize time my husband can spend at home! So I'm planning on my 38 week Appt on 38+3 or 4 and getting a sweep to end all sweeps haha, then home for sex and hoping the baby shows up in the next 24 hrs!! I do want to enjoy Christmas but I really just want the next few months to go by as quickly as possible. 12 more weeks of work too.

I love your planning Reiko. I hope it all works out for you and baby arrives when they're meant to. Do you usually have your babies a little early?

Ideally this one will arrive during the day on a Saturday. I want to go into hospital just after breakfast and be home for dinner (KFC. Hubs is under instructions :haha:) that's gunna be the least disruption to DS, he won't have to miss school or stay over night anywhere.
I was in 4 days with DS so I'm massively hoping I can be in and out with this one.

A weekend would be good for me too as our eldest daughter will be coming with us and she will be there at the birth so that would work out well lol.

Broken I hope you are home by dinner. With our second we were. So with no complications you can definitely be home by dinner :)

My last was born at 3:45 am on a Wednesday after a sweep at 3 pm on the Tuesday so I'm hoping a sweep will do the same this time. But I got my sweep at 37+6 so she was born 38 weeks and we didn't have anything ready of course! Not even a bed for her. So I'll wait an extra week this time lol just in case it really does work again this time!!

Oh God the sweep! I had one with dd and it’s SO uncomfortable. Being old AF with this baby I want to kick things in to gear at 38 weeks so will probably end up asking for a sweep. MW and I have already talked about it. I want to avoid the hospital and drs intervention so I will be doing it ALL...sex, castor oil, acupuncture, chiropractor and the dreaded sweep.
I felt awful today, sick and gaggy. I hope it goes for good soon. I’m just tired of feeling crappy. I did manage to get some more Christmas shopping done, not much left other than stocking stuffers.

I felt awful today, sick and gaggy. I hope it goes for good soon. I’m just tired of feeling crappy. I did manage to get some more Christmas shopping done, not much left other than stocking stuffers.

Oh no-you're still having sickness?!
I actually made it to Thanksgiving yesterday. I've been a bit ok the last 3 days and am praying the worst is over!
Haven't puked since Monday night.

Stomach tight and painful at times (indigestion?) but having lots of hunger growls and trying to munch every so often.

Oh God the sweep! I had one with dd and it’s SO uncomfortable. Being old AF with this baby I want to kick things in to gear at 38 weeks so will probably end up asking for a sweep. MW and I have already talked about it. I want to avoid the hospital and drs intervention so I will be doing it ALL...sex, castor oil, acupuncture, chiropractor and the dreaded sweep.

I think I must've been just ready to have the baby because that sweep didn't really bother me. My DD was standing by my head and I was just chatting with her. But I remember with my first it was so painful the Dr said "if you can't handle this you'll never handle labour!"

Well I'm just sitting finishing up my break at work and I can definitely feel our little monkey doing a few tiny kicks in there... so that puts a smile on my face ��

Chel-the feeling crappy comes and goes but when it’s here I have to really work at not throwing up. It’s just getting tiresome.

Reiko-the sweep nothing compared to labour as far as I’m concerned but it was really uncomfortable. If it means it kick starts labour I’m all for it though.
That’s exciting that you feel baby!

It was nice to finally feel something in there! I felt a bit of movement last Sunday but wasn't sure... this time it was like he had hiccups so I definitely noticed. I have to be sitting still for quite a long time which never happens, except on my lunch break at work! So maybe I'll feel some more kicks tomorrow lunchtime.

I'm sorry you're still nauseous ready. Still feeling it over here too and it is just tiring. Like when will I have a whole day of just feeling good. I'm down to 6 diclectin (2 every 8 hrs) at least, better than 8. I would really like to not buy another bottle of them considering it's $300.

Anyone else considering what type of stroller/pram they're going to get? Or buying any other baby things?

Oh and who is openeing a gender reveal envelope on christmas morning like we are?!

Oh and who is openeing a gender reveal envelope on christmas morning like we are?!

That's a no go for us. My mom is watching our youngest while OH and our oldest go to the scan. If we didn't tell her when we got back, I think she might blow up our house.:haha:

We're finding out a few days before Christmas, but we are getting a present for my son to open so he finds out on Christmas Day.

They don't give a sweep here until your 40 weeks which is annoying!! I've had one previous and I had her the next day but she was 8 days late!!
It's lovely how you can have that as an extra pressie on xmas day!!! We find out in 2 weeks at a private scan and kiddies are coming with us to find out which will be a first for them so I'm excited about that!!

I hope the sickness sods off for good guys I feel it too on and off but luckily mostly off now! Still tired tho come the afternoon.

Happy 17 weeks viera. X

I'm getting the Billie frairs travel system in grey with white stars.
Mil said she will buy it for us in the new year!! 😃😃

Reiko- I’m so ready for the constant, noticeable movement. I just want the reassurance. I think it’s good that you have been slowly weaning yourself off the meds as you shouldn’t have any adverse effects. The key for me is keeping food in my body but overnight is the issue. Mornings are still the struggle.
I haven’t decided if I’m going to buy anything new other than a car seat. We have a stroller that fits just the infant seat (no seating for baby when older) which is great for flat surfaces like the mall. Our other stroller is a jogger which is great for outdoors but not so great for getting in and out of the car as it’s so heavy. My SIL has a couple I might ask to use if she’s done. I want to take the kids on a trip to Disney next year so would rather save for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->