~*May Miracles 2020*~

Beautiful scan babylove!!

Sorry youre feeling so crappy Aphy. I am in the same boat. I barely eat because it just wants to come back up.

My doc did prescribe me the pills for it and logically I know they are safe... but my grandma back in 1950 took pills for nausea and it caused so many problems. And I know they werent regulated and it wouldnt do gene mutation now... but. Well. Pregnancy brain isnt very logical... so Im just hoping it eases for the 2md trimester!

Beautiful scan babylove!!

Sorry youre feeling so crappy Aphy. I am in the same boat. I barely eat because it just wants to come back up.

My doc did prescribe me the pills for it and logically I know they are safe... but my grandma back in 1950 took pills for nausea and it caused so many problems. And I know they werent regulated and it wouldnt do gene mutation now... but. Well. Pregnancy brain isnt very logical... so Im just hoping it eases for the 2md trimester!

Thalidomide isn’t used anymore, I would take them if you need them <3 but completely understand the irrational pregnant brain.

I’ve booked a private scan for Saturday because I can’t wait until 20 weeks. My old doctor would scan me every week from 4-9 just to give me peace of mind. Now I’m with a much bigger practice and it’s not the same one on one I was used to with the other doctor. I just need the reassurance that everything is ok in there.

I’m still suffering this wonderful head cold that my kids shared with me over the weekend, who needs to breathe through your nose, amirite? My husband said I’ve started snoring really badly (I’m already up 23lbs thanks to the steroids and I know the snoring isn’t going to get better until the pregnancy is over) so I’ve booked an appointment to do a sleep study.

Sorry everyone is still feeling sick, I’m hoping everyone gets some relief coming into the second trimester.

Stuckinoki, I can understand the feeling of not wanting to wait! At least now you have a scan in a couple of days!

I know, and it really shouldnt be an issue. Its just my grandmother took em for my mother and my aunt and both have very intense physical handicap. My aunt measures 2 feet 3 and my mom 3 feet 5. My aunt is in a wheelchair because the way it happens is the entire body is regular size but the arms and legs are shorter and so in her case she doesn't have enough leg length to walk and support a "regular" torso and head. And again, I know nowawadays, its fine but I can't help it. Im just hoping it eases off in the second trimester. Maybe a few more weeks...

I really hope all of us feel better in the second trimester! Nausea seems to be intense in our group!

Hi ladies

I want to join this wonderful group.
I’m very excited. I have a 24yo and this is my second child. I am 45yo.

I am due in May!

011F553A-086C-48B4-B0C7-1008E007C84C.jpeg

Welcome LuvKaya! What date is baby due? Then I can add you to our list on page one!

Has anyone experienced flutters already? There's times when I'm lying down and I feel the faintest of flutters. Different to gas lol and feels almost like a bit of pressure. I know it's very early but something is definitely going on in there!

Welcome LuvKaya! :hi:

Has anyone experienced flutters already? There's times when I'm lying down and I feel the faintest of flutters. Different to gas lol and feels almost like a bit of pressure. I know it's very early but something is definitely going on in there!

I felt something really faint a couple of days ago. It was odd but somewhat familiar to that fluttering that comes later. :)

Been MIA but have been lurking.

I did a nuchal scan today, 12w1d pregnant. The baby rolled around, waves, kicked with it’s legs and was active. <3

36382408-6CF0-4C75-BD57-CE8D76BCA526.jpeg 13F5DB30-E835-4208-9326-9733E73D1782.jpeg A04E581C-837A-4FAB-9CBA-178C255834FF.jpeg 5685EDEA-4C01-483D-8F43-3BC63B1D975B.jpeg

It felt so good seeing the baby again after last time (8w3d). It keeps my mind and heart at ease.

Welcome LuvKaya! What date is baby due? Then I can add you to our list on page one!

Thanks for adding me, the Dr. said I’m due May 29, 2020!

I haven’t felt any flutters yet. I remember feeling them with my daughter in my 4th month.

What great scans pictures Millhaven! You must be so thrilled, its always reassuring to see them kicking around!

More bleeding but this time they won’t scan me until Saturday, really freaking out and I have 3 days to wait and work in between. I don’t want to lose our little baby, it took so long to conceive (had to take meds to even ovulate) I just don’t know what to do. I know I’ve seen baby twice already both times with a heartbeat but I can’t take all this stress...

I'm sorry kittykat :hugs: Most bleeding stories I've seen everything was fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Could you get a private scan faster maybe?

Welcome Luvkaya!

Lovely scans Millhaven, so clear!

Kittykat, I hope the days go fast and that the bleeding stops

YES! Last night I felt them really strong. I thought maybe it was a muscle spasm because how is that the baby at only 12 weeks?? I don't know what to think.

Oh millhaven look at that little baby!!!! :cloud9:

I felt more of those flutters/popping sensations today. I'm convinced it's baby moving. I know in subsequent pregnancies you can feel baby earlier on but I didn't think it would be this early.

Today I’m feeling sharp pains like needles sticking me from the inside.

I’ve never felt this before. I am hoping it’s gas like the other pains have been.

Hi Luvkaya. I’m 42, so it’s nice to see other Mummies in their 40s.

I had my 12 week scan today. Baby has grown quite a bit! Measuring 12 weeks today and due date now 7th May.
I was channelling 1.3mm because both K and F had that for their NT measurement. This baby is a total overachiever and got 1.2mm. The sonographer was really pleased with such a low number.
A first for me (but not for the sonographer apparently)... I breastfed Kirree while being scanned!
We were in there for ages and she got restless. It took so long because baby was face down and hiding in my retroverted uterus, so it was hard to get all the measurements at first. Baby was such a wriggler though - kicking arms and legs and moving around loads. My placenta is at the back again, so I expect movement any time now. With Finlo, quickening was around 18 weeks and with Kirree around 14 weeks.
The sonographer was Lorna, who did one for Kirree too and is my favourite sonographer of all time. She’s upbeat and chatty and totally approachable.
Robert also bumped into Jess (the perinatal mental health midwife who got me through my PTSD and anxiety last time) while I was doing one of my walks around to try to get baby to cooperate (I did jiggles and star jumps and lots of walks), but she was with a patient so I didn’t get to see her unfortunately. I did see Hannah, my community midwife who also booked me in and she remembered my name and also said that Jess is planning to see me to check in at some point. Yay!

So, all in all, a great scan appointment. I’m so relieved and am just waiting for blood results before I make it a bit more public knowledge.

Excuse the terrible picture quality and resulting apparently odd head shape!

A987E205-DA84-47FD-8F05-A460661A7237.jpeg 2BA371DA-DEFD-4579-8625-1301E1C7A0DB.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->