~*May Miracles 2020*~

Luvkaya I am sorry you had trouble with the blood tests results. But good news on a longer scan! And what cute photos!!

My doctor wont get the results from my down syndrome private blood test until tuesday but she had authorized the lab to call me if the results were good. Low risk across the board. She couldnt give me the exact numbers but she was allowed to tell me low risk! Yip yip!

Last edited:
Luvkaya I am sorry you had trouble with the blood tests results. But good news on a longer scan! And what cute photos!!

My doctor wont get the results from my autism private blood test until tuesday but she had authorized the lab to call me if the results were good. Low risk across the board. She couldnt give me the exact numbers but she was allowed to tell me low risk! Yip yip!

Thanks! Do you mind sharing about the autism test? When is it done? I haven’t heard about that test. Do you have to ask for it specifically?

Hi ladies *waves*

So much drama this week since my blood work did not come back. I had my scan today and thankfully the results all look normal for a healthy baby. However, since the blood work did not come in they could not complete their analysis. I had to go back to the Dr office for a retest.

I had a student tech join us today so she got extra time to practice on me which I didn’t mind. The baby is so active waving, kicking, stretching legs, twisting and turning!

The techs did nub guesses for fun. The tech said girl and the student tech said boy. I think I opened a can of worms.

Because I am high risk I have to go back in Dec and Jan. Here are two of my scans.

View attachment 1072812View attachment 1072814

Nub is not imaged properly, I’m 80% sure I see enough of it to lean girly but because I can’t see it all I wouldn’t be surprised either way!

Nub is not imaged properly, I’m 80% sure I see enough of it to lean girly but because I can’t see it all I wouldn’t be surprised either way!

I’ll be honest with everyone, I honestly thought I was I having a boy and really wanted a boy. I was so sick with my daughter and with this pregnancy it’s been the complete opposite. So I convinced myself it was a boy. I’m not disappointed but I know this is my last baby so it would have been nice to have one of each.

Thanks! Do you mind sharing about the autism test? When is it done? I haven’t heard about that test. Do you have to ask for it specifically?

OKAY I typed a big thing, and then I realized, this is a big mix up due to my tiredness. I'm sorry I didnt mean autism. I meant down syndrome. My brain is fried, and my first language is French and I tried to translate too fast.. MY BAD. I did not do an autism test, I did a down syndrome test...

I need sleep, haha.

OKAY I typed a big thing, and then I realized, this is a big mix up due to my tiredness. I'm sorry I didnt mean autism. I meant down syndrome. My brain is fried, and my first language is French and I tried to translate too fast.. MY BAD. I did not do an autism test, I did a down syndrome test...

I need sleep, haha.

Ahhh, no worries! Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks ladies!

Lovely scan Luvkaya! I can never tell gender from scans but I hope it’s whatever will make you happiest.

At how many weeks does everyone else find out gender? Sounds like it’s later than here by us which is 16 weeks?

Amazing scan pics LuvKaya! My bloodwork came back low risk for downs, Edwards and patau's. I was so relieved!

Aphy we have two scans in our pregnancy in the UK through the NHS - 12 weeks and 20 weeks, so at the 20 weeks gender can be seen, but a lot of people go private from 16 weeks to find out gender.

Im sure I felt an octopus in my tummy yesterday :-s I'm certain it was baby but no definitive kicks or jumps just yet.

Lovely scan Luvkaya!!

We dont find out gender until 20w scan here, with my son I paid for a private scan at 16 weeks, but I think we'll just wait it out this time, I really have no preference, one of each would be nice, but 2 boys would be pretty awesome too!! My son is adamant he wants a brother though!

I’ll be honest with everyone, I honestly thought I was I having a boy and really wanted a boy. I was so sick with my daughter and with this pregnancy it’s been the complete opposite. So I convinced myself it was a boy. I’m not disappointed but I know this is my last baby so it would have been nice to have one of each.

It really could still be, Honestly the nub is not clearly imaged and it absolutely could be a boy! Do you have any other photos? I didn’t mean to upset you!

We find out gender now with the genetic test at 12 weeks now as long as insurance covers it. Mine does so I just had bloodwork done Thursday and hopefully get results back next week. I’m excited now to find out. Secretly hoping for another girl but I’d be happy with one of each.

I managed to drag myself to the gym this morning...I must admit it's getting harder and harder to go each week that goes by! I am determined to keep up the gym twice a week until I absolutely cant do it anymore though!! I gained so much weight in my first pregnancy and I'm not going to let that happen this time round!

For those having their second, is it just me that feels more sluggish in 2nd pregnancy? I feel like I can't stand for long and just generally feel uncomfortable which was never the case with my first pregnancy until near the end

Hope everyone is doing well!

Babylove, good for you for getting yourself to gym! You have much more self discipline than I will ever have

Aphy, I am definitely feeling it earlier this time, but I guess I'm 3 years older as well so that may be why too, come 3pm I am dead on my feet!!

Haha, well im only managing the gym once or twice a week but it's better than sitting doing nothing but eat like I did last time!! :haha:

Oh and I forgot to mention, with DS I was anterior placenta but this pregnancy I'm posterior placenta! Whohoo!! I'm sure I can feel the flutters I felt with DS at 16 weeks already with this one!! Is 12/13 weeks to early for movement???

I think I feel more tired with this one, but I am older and have a very excitable daughter lol

As for movement I've heard of women feeling it as early as 12 weeks - I thought I did but its been so hit and miss! I'm 16 weeks on Thursday and I'll feel something here and there but it isn't consistent yet so I can't say for sure it's definitely baby wriggles. It's so frustrating because I'm desperate to feel baby!

Im also really frustrated at my midwife. She's very nice but I messaged her about my 16 week appt and I heard nothing but then my husband said she messaged him to say she was free on the 19th but I'm working that day so can't make it. So. I messaged her again, no response and today she's not working. So I can't get through to her until tomorrow which is when she wanted to see me. I just wanna hear the babies heartbeat already!

Now due 28th May 2020 officially, baby looks fine but was causing issues with measurements!

nub is looking girly and after saying I didn’t mind either I am finding myself feeling slightly disappointed that it’s looking like we won’t get our boy which does surprise me! We have a boys name picked out that means a lot to us so it’s weird we might not be able to use it. I honestly didn’t expect this feeling and it’s not even confirmed at all!

2E29CDC5-89DE-438F-B1C0-BE5373A974D3.jpeg

I had a VBAC - my son was breech when he stopped growing at 35 weeks, so he was a section and I then requested a VBAC with my daughter, even though we were classed as fairly high risk (because my son was so ill). It was amazing (despite 3b tear!) and I’m excited to have another vaginal birth. I’m sure Finlo would have turned cephalic by term.

We found out Finlo was a boy at the 20 week scan and we had a private gender scan at 16 weeks with Kirree.
It’s odd to know that this baby’s gender would be visible on a scan by now... though we won’t find out!

Kitty, that nub looks exactly like Finlo’s did at 12 weeks...

Beautiful bubba Kitty! I can't really see the nub on the scan so I can't say whether I think it's a boy or girl!

I keep thinking boy boy boy for mine but the nub suggests girl so I guess we will see come 23rd December!

Girls I had such an awful, stressful dream last night. I dreamt I had just gotten out of prison (I don't know why I was in there!!!) and I'd been in for a year, came out to find my husband wasnt really bothered and had given our daughter up for adoption as he 'couldn't cope' so I was livid and went on a search to try and find her. It turned out that even tho some woman had adopted her, she was still staying in a mental health hospital/orphanage and was messing around with other kids when I saw her. She got teary eyed, I started crying in my dream and then I woke up and needed the loo and then just broke down and sobbed! I got back into bed and hubs woke up and comforted me until I stopped sobbing but I felt so stressed and scared - feel silly about the whole thing now but at the time it shook me up. I gave her a big hug and lots of kisses this morning and I miss her lots already as I'm at work and she's at school.

I still don't dream much but this pregnancy has made them more vivid :(

Oh man I have the weirdest most vivid dreams all night every night. I also wake at least two times a night so I always remember everything. I keep dreaming I’m speeding down the highway out of control in various vehicles - buses, cars, even a jumbo jet. I’m sure that means something.

As for being more tired this pregnancy, honestly they have been identical for me. Although my SPD is already flaring so that’s not great, I’m afraid how bad it’ll get. But I was teaching last time and I’m a SAHM this time so overall it’s been easier because I don’t have to go to work and can lay down during the day.

Midwife came round to see me at home for my 16 week appt. Checked baby's heart rate and its sitting at about 150bpm so she's thinking girl lol. Defo a girly HR but I know that's not very reliable! Heard some movement on the doppler too so that was cute. She let me record it so I could show my husband and my daughter :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->