~*May Miracles 2020*~

Ah that's great Jary, I cant wait to hear the heartbeat on the doppler!!

I have been soooooo hungry today and can't stop eating, it's been so cold here today as well which I don't think is helping either!!

Last edited:
Midwife came round to see me at home for my 16 week appt. Checked baby's heart rate and its sitting at about 150bpm so she's thinking girl lol. Defo a girly HR but I know that's not very reliable! Heard some movement on the doppler too so that was cute. She let me record it so I could show my husband and my daughter :)
Heart rate not a reliable predictor of gender. With my son, his heart rate was always 150+ and with the current baby (predicted by harmony blood test to also be a boy) the heart rate is also in the 150s. I also had very little morning sickness with first son and much worse with this one, so I feel like that’s not a reliable predictor either!

Heart rate not a reliable predictor of gender. With my son, his heart rate was always 150+ and with the current baby (predicted by harmony blood test to also be a boy) the heart rate is also in the 150s. I also had very little morning sickness with first son and much worse with this one, so I feel like that’s not a reliable predictor either!

Im glad it isn't reliable as I like the mystery around the gender until we go for that 20 week scan. I still keep getting boy vibes anyway!

I had my 16 week midwife appointment today. All fine, though I will probably be referred back to the perinatal mental health midwife for my anxiety and mood dips. I’ve said I don’t need to see her yet (lie), but Hannah (community midwife) asked me 4 times and I think she will get Jess (perinatal mental health midwife, whom I saw every week last pregnancy) to call me anyway.

Next appointment in 2 weeks, when I’ll be seeing the consultant. I’d not had a letter, so thought I was no longer considered high risk... turns out the letter must have gone missing somewhere. It’s the same consultant I had last time, who I get on really well with, so I’m relieved. She is going to check my scar because it has started bleeding and I am desperate not to have a caesarean so need to get in early with trying to avoid another bad tear.
Then I have my anomaly scan 2 weeks after that and Hannah has made me an appointment to see her again at 24 weeks.
I have to try to stop this cascading into a crazy whirl of appointments like last time. Due to my anxiety, it was crazy last time. From midway through, I had appointments and scans every week. I don’t want that this time.

Hello everyone, I have sort of been lurking. I have a history of recurrent miscarriage and have struggled with letting this pregnancy become real and joining the group. This pregnancy has not been plain sailing so far and I have had some episodes of bleeding. However this has been diagnosed as a cervical erosion which is harmless to baby and seems to have settled down now.

Anyway today I had my 12 week scan and everything looks great. Nuchal measurement was 1.5mm and all other measurements are looking good.

My EDD has been set at June 1st but this baby will be born in May as C section will be scheduled for 39weeks. Can I join you lovely ladies please?

Here is my scan picture. Gender guesses welcome.

FA054E2F-E59F-45F9-83A7-14B03E2D3413.jpeg 4F5D0F23-D504-4E9E-8926-8E922CF2C4AB.jpeg

Hello everyone, I have sort of been lurking. I have a history of recurrent miscarriage and have struggled with letting this pregnancy become real and joining the group. This pregnancy has not been plain sailing so far and I have had some episodes of bleeding. However this has been diagnosed as a cervical erosion which is harmless to baby and seems to have settled down now.

Anyway today I had my 12 week scan and everything looks great. Nuchal measurement was 1.5mm and all other measurements are looking good.

My EDD has been set at June 1st but this baby will be born in May as C section will be scheduled for 39weeks. Can I join you lovely ladies please?

Here is my scan picture. Gender guesses welcome.

View attachment 1073476 View attachment 1073478

Hi there!! Welcome to our group and of course you may join! I will add you too our list.

Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

Ellie - I guess the best thing is just to take each appointment at a time and try not to think about them all at once. It's good they're being so organised tho!

Welcome babybrain! Lovely scan! I will guess :blue:

Sorry about the mood dips and the anxiety ellie :hugs:

I got my 20weeks scan date. Jan 8th. I will be 21 weeks. So faaar! Next doc apt is Dec 2nd and then Jan 7th

Welcome Babybrain, and congratulations!

Ellie, hope everything works out for you, just take each appointment as it comes.

I have my 20w scan on 3rd Jan, I cannot wait to find out whether we are pink or blue! I'm consultant led too, my son was born with a rare disease so I'm being monitored, although what he has isn't able to be detected until birth so not sure what they can do! Anyway I'll go along with it.

I still havent got my 16w midwife appointment, the hospital said to call a week before if i still have heard so hoping to hear by the end of next week, if not I'll give them a call.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I still cant believe how quick this pregnancy is going compared to my son!!

It's just over 4 weeks until our 20 week scan. It feels like forever away but it'll come around quick I'm sure! I can't wait to find out what we are having :)

We’ve already got our tree up :rofl: we’ve not had one for the last 3 years because we’ve been saving to buy a house and it felt like an unnecessary expense, so we’re making up for it by putting it up early this year! We’re allowed to wear Christmas jumpers at work this year and I’m debating wearing a sort of Christmas announcement jumper as I’ll be nearly 20 weeks by then!

We also made our tree last weekend haha. We've already put up all the lights and decorations outside and inside!

Of course Mateo has also been having a blast picking the tree one decoration at a time haha!

A christmas romper announcement would be adorable kittykat!

I got a promotion friday, I start monday. My old boss and team knew. New boss from the sector I am going to knows as well. And... so does the whole sector. Haha. He sent an email announcement including a line about our new mommy is also newly pregnant again so dont just come by to say welcome but congratulate her as well!

We also made our tree last weekend haha. We've already put up all the lights and decorations outside and inside!

Of course Mateo has also been having a blast picking the tree one decoration at a time haha!

A christmas romper announcement would be adorable kittykat!

I got a promotion friday, I start monday. My old boss and team knew. New boss from the sector I am going to knows as well. And... so does the whole sector. Haha. He sent an email announcement including a line about our new mommy is also newly pregnant again so dont just come by to say welcome but congratulate her as well!

Oh that's really lovely of your work!

We are currently in the process of getting our tree up now. We decided today let's just do it!!

Missie, your workplace sounds great!

We have a family tradition to put up our tree on St Nicholas day (6 Dec). So we still have a few treeless days to go. Im generally not a fan of Xmas (I don't even know why), so as a compromise we listen to Metallica and drink while putting up the tree. :haha:
Already bought a bottle of alcohol free Merlot for the occasion.

(I dont know how I missed it. Symphony, she's adorbs!)

Alcohol free merlot!!! Its christmas party season at work right now and I am there with my water, haha. Im not a big drinker. Before babies I could be 5months without any alcohol but there is that little something about not being able to have it!

Ive also told family and friends that they are only allowed to come see the new baby if they bring a sushi platter with them:haha:

Weighed myself this morning now I’m basically in the second trimester, lost 11 lbs!! Wasn’t expecting that! I feel full and bloated most of the time so I think it’s because of that...

Hope everyone is doing well! I feel so huge recently! Swear I look 6 months!

We dont even own a christmas tree ](*,) Every year we say we must get one and every year something comes up to distract us. We never home over christmas and our DS is only now starting to get old enough to start knowing what it actually is so hopefully we will get one asap :lol: He still gets loads of presents though!

We don’t put our decorations up until my husband’s birthday, which is the 11th December, so I’ve got a couple of weeks to wait still.

I have my 20 week scan on 17th, when I’ll be 19+5. Just 3 more weeks! Seeing the consultant next Thursday.

I had to come home from work today, because I’ve been sick. Not the first trimester pregnancy kind of sick, the kind my son passed to me when he threw up all over the car on Sunday. Yuk. I always panic when I get ill when I’m pregnant. I know realistically that the baby is fine, but I do worry that it’s listeria or something that can harm it.

Hope you feel better soon Ellie!

I felt an actual kick yesterday! The only reason I'm sure is because where I felt the kick my tummy jumped a tiny bit. Baby hasn't done anymore (although I think I've felt tiny kicks) and is just making the usual subtle wriggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->