~*May Miracles 2020*~

I hate it :( it could be nothing but there's always that worry that its something more serious.

I am scheduled to have an Amniocentesis. This will be the final test to ensure everything is good.

Has anyone else had one done?
I had the CVS done when I was pregnant with my son. It’s like the amino but done a little earlier. It was terrifying but in truth wasn’t that bad, not painful at all. Waiting for the results was brutal (remember ours was 1/5 chance of downs or worse!) but he was fine. I’m still mad at the whole process. It was so stressful and I don’t think it had to be like that. Crossing my fingers all goes well for you.

Luvkaya I have never had it but I am sending you a lot of love! :hugs:

Jary I am sure its nothing but I hope you get clear answers soon :hugs:

Thank you Missie :hugs:

Not long till Xmas everyone! What will you all be doing for it? We are with hubs parents for Xmas day and we are going to be cooking the dinner for them as they've had a rough year and want it to be really relaxed. :xmas9:

We are at the in-laws at their coastal home from 18 Dec- 03 Jan so spending it all there. Assume it will just be a christmas lunch at home :)

We are at the in-laws at their coastal home from 18 Dec- 03 Jan so spending it all there. Assume it will just be a christmas lunch at home :)
Sounds lovely! We only have a few days off over Xmas as working the rest but I'll be on mat leave this time next year so will have the whole Xmas period off.

We've pretty much finished our Xmas shopping. Just have a few more bits to get and then done!

We are only doing my family's this year. His grandparents are sick so his parents are going back to their home country to see then. So only the 24th for us.

Which honestly, with how tired I am...is perfect!

I learned that my PAPPA is low again. So. Small early baby again is very probable for me so I wanna take it as easy as possible to not rush anything at any point. Quiet christmas is good

We will spend about a week with my parents starting the 20th. They are about a 7 hour drive a way. I’m SO looking forward to taking time off and not dealing with my crazy boss for a couple weeks.

Been feeling more wiggles in my tummy today, it makes me happy have my anatomy scan next Thursday and trying not to freak out too much.

My family are all on a different continent, so we wont see them. Dh's fam is quite complicated, so we will host a traditional Polish Christmas dinner at 2pm for FIL, his gf and her kids. Then we are off to have a second traditional Polish Christmas dinner at MIL, SIL, BIL and his parents that is happening at 7pm (where we are not allowed to mention the first dinner and should just pretend that we are hungry). That's the 24th. On the 25th we are driving 2 hours to have a third traditional Polish Christmas dinner at some other family of dh's (aunts, uncles, cousins etc.).
The worst thing is that I am not a fan of Polish Christmas food (red beetroot soup, lots of fish (most of them uncooked herring and salmon), sslads consisting of apples, peas and mayonnaise and NO MEAT ALLOWED). There has to be at least 12 dishes served of which I normally just eat the pierogi, but being pregnant I can't have any wild forest mushrooms, and Christmas pierogi is made of mushroom and sour cabbage... will just eat cheesecake I guess :shrug: Just hoping to at least get some snow. I should also mention that I have only bought one gift for my daughter and haven't even started to think about what to get anyone else. I will probably have to go hit the shops next week.
Sorry for writing a book, just need to vent about how ridiculous it will be :haha:

In other news, it's past midnight and I cannot sleep. My panorama test results came back today, but I didn't get a chance to pick them up. Now I am just lying awake in bed obsessing... bleh

That sounds crazy Blo! At least... since you cant eat much of the food... you won't have to pretend you're hungry?! Sounds like a complicated situation!

I feel you on the basically no gifts yet haha.

Oh god! I am so sorry. It probably won't be a good night for you. I hope you can pick em up early tomorrow :hugs:

Bloblo, that is a lot of cheese cake for you to eat! It does sound complicated. At least you can always claim pregnancy nausea or something as excuse to avoid all the other food stuffs you dont like

Missie, with the low PAPPA, how early a birth are we talking?

Well. My last apt was with a nurse. I dont see my doc until the next apt in january. So I will know how low. But with my son it was low too. Not extremely but under what it should be. They stopped my contractions at 36+3 (but no extraordinary measures... they kinda just pumped me full of fluids haha) and I gave birth at 37+2 after my water broke.

Thing that stresses me is my labor was 3 hours (1cm when my water broke). So. Unless something go wrong I am looking at a very quick labor which wont help them stop it if it starts early. So I dont know yet how at risk I am this time because she didn't give me the exact number. I will find out Jan 7th. But when it is very low we are talking premature (32 weeks and early possible). But I am hoping to be in the same range I was with my son

Bloblo that sounds quite the busy Xmas! Be sure to eat a lot of cheesecake!

Missie fingers crossed things will go smoothly even if baby comes a bit early, but hopefully not too early!

My baby wiggles are still quite mild but I get the occasional little kick and some swimming about lol. My mum friends are all excited about me now showing a bump, they're all done having children but still get broody so now it's just me at the moment they're all trying to guess girl or boy and I think are as excited as me to find out!

Its 11am here and I just returned from the dr office to get my Panorama results. Im in such tears, we are having a healthy baby GIRL!
BEST NEWS EVER! I feel like a rock has been lifted from my heart. I was holding back emotionally and didn't feel like I was bonding at all with this baby. But hearing this news just filled me with so much love for her. <3 <3

Ladies what I'll do is add a blue, pink or yellow stork to your names on page 1.ive added Aphy and Blo but can't remember the others who have had a gender confirmed already. So let me know as and when you find out or if you're keeping it as a surprise and then I'll update it :)

Its 11am here and I just returned from the dr office to get my Panorama results. Im in such tears, we are having a healthy baby GIRL!
BEST NEWS EVER! I feel like a rock has been lifted from my heart. I was holding back emotionally and didn't feel like I was bonding at all with this baby. But hearing this news just filled me with so much love for her. <3 <3

Congrats bloblo! I’m so happy for you! My harmony test ended up having to be delayed so I only got it done 2 days ago! Every looked fine on the scan, no soft markers and nasal bone very present so it’s looking hopeful but then it was my blood last time that gave us the higher result (measurement was below average at 1.5mm at NT scan) so It’s just a case of waiting but should have the results by the end of next week!

Last edited:
Blo I am so freaking happy for you! :hugs: what a wonderful news.

Kittykat.I am sending you love. Honestly the amount of people I know who had a results that forced them to take the expensive test only for everything to be fine is stupidly high! :hugs:

Bloblo CONGRATS!!!! What a great way to start the weekend! I totally know how it feels to be in limbo and then get word the baby is healthy...biggest relief ever! Enjoy bonding with your daughter, how very special. Now you can start thinking of names!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->