~*May Miracles 2020*~

Congratulations on having a little girl, Jary and I’m glad your placenta is all good and away from the cervix.

Congratulations Jary!!! Everyone seems to be having the same gender as their first, so working on that basis I should be team blue!! Still 1 week and 3 days till my scan, so close yet feels so far away!!!

Thanks ladies! It feels really good being able to know I'm having another daughter and can refer to her as a girl instead of just 'baby'

Congratulations Jary!!! Everyone seems to be having the same gender as their first, so working on that basis I should be team blue!! Still 1 week and 3 days till my scan, so close yet feels so far away!!!

I was thinking that too! But I am having a boy and my first is a girl. One of each for us. The next week will fly by for you I’m sure.

Last year my pregnancy began january 4th. First christmas holidays with a belly!

On the plus side, my cousin is due March 15th and the other one July 10th. So. We will just be bellies hanging around a christmas tree haha...

Also. My boobs are absolutely killing me. Its like I have two rocks strapped to my chest. I don't know if its because I breastfed Mateo almost 13 months (so roughly the first 8 weeks of this pregnancy) but I think it made the milk supply not quite die down and the fullness, the leaking are insane. Its gonna be a long 20ish weeks until this baby can do something about it haha...

Missielibra, I’m still breastfeeding Kirree once a day (before bed). My plan was to wean that last feed at 20 weeks pregnant, like I did with Finlo when pregnant with Kirree, but she is still loving it so much. I’m not loving it much, as my nipples are agony and my milk has become colostrum. I’ve got to try to stop this last feed. It was so much easier with Finlo. He was 14.5 months old and I was 20 weeks pregnant and he just pushed boobie away one night, so I stopped offering and that was it.
Kirree pulls at my top and says “boobie” when she is tired.
I really don’t want to tandem feed though, so I need to stop now so she has a break before baby comes along. Also, I feel like I need to let my boobs have a rest for a few months.

I’m really excited to find out if we have a boy or a girl, but I’m going to hold out for the birth. I will only have a few “birth preferences” and one of them will be, if possible, I want to be the one who sees the sex first. I reckon labour earns me that right!!!
Other preferences will be the same as last time - I don’t want to be offered any pain relief, let me ask if I need some (hopefully just gas and air again - and I only had that because I was given some syntocinon to speed things up - I was doing just fine until that and will avoid it next time if possible!); delay clamping cord until it’s completely white; I’d like to cut the cord; minimal monitoring so I can move freely; water birth if possible. All those are obviously dependent on how things go, I’m not averse to flexibility!

I’ve started making a decision that I will have a tubal ligation after this baby. It is crazy to be thinking this after we had years of infertility and had to have IVF for our first, but we have conceived so easily the last 2 times that I just can’t take the risk. I’ll turn 43 shortly after I have this baby and the tiredness is already unreal. I’m definitely not going to want to do this again. Robert won’t have a vasectomy, I absolutely hate hormone contraceptives (all the fertility treatment was awful) and I had a bad experience with a copper coil. Therefore, why not do something permanent?

That sounds like a good birth plan Ellie. We don't know what to do for contraception after this baby. I don't want anymore children after this one but I hate hormonal contraception and the thought of a coil weirds me out lol. My husband had mentioned getting the snip when we were done having children but I don't think he's that keen on having it done now. I guess we will just wait and see what we feel is right.

As for the sore boobs, I haven't leaked any colostrum but my nipples are so painful! I knocked one the other day and omg I could have cried! I hate it!!

Hi ladies.. Sorry I've been quiet but its been seriously busy recently. Just been trying to catch up on all the chats! Congratulations to you all, been lovely reading what you are all having!
I've had numerous appointments in various clinics but we have 2 healthy baby girls growing as they should be!
My son is a little disappointed but is still excited!
I have to have scans every 4 weeks to check on growth now and am under two consultants.. One anaesthetic and one multiple pregnancy!
Has anyone thought of names yet!

Hi ladies.. Sorry I've been quiet but its been seriously busy recently. Just been trying to catch up on all the chats! Congratulations to you all, been lovely reading what you are all having!
I've had numerous appointments in various clinics but we have 2 healthy baby girls growing as they should be!
I have to have scans every 4 weeks to check on growth now and am under two consultants.. One anaesthetic and one multiple pregnancy!

Congrats on the two healthy baby girls!! So exciting!

We like Ellen for a girl but want to write a list of names so we can have a few choices.

Happy Christmas everyone! Hope you've all had an amazing day :)

Aw twin girls, lovely! My neighbour had twin girls a few weeks ago and a friend had twin girls last week too!

We are sticking to Manx names (my husband’s family is from the Isle of Man) and have pretty much chosen a boy and girl first name, but keeping them to ourselves. Just finalising middle names now (the baby will have 2). If it’s a girl, I’d like my first name, Eleanor, as one middle name. If we have a boy, I’d like to use my dad's name for a middle name (Julian). Still discussing the second middle name for each.

We don't do middle names and have basically decided on a first name. Our girl will be Nina <3

I love Nina! Glad to hear you guys agreed on a name!

We do two names following the latino tradition from my husband's side. We haven't decided on both names yet but his main name will be Rafael.

Ladies do you have the measurements from your 20 week scans if you've had them already? I keep worrying about mine. The sonographer said baby was all OK but she's on a lower percentile for her brain size and higher percentile for her abdomen size. I'm sure it's all fine as still within the expected ranges but I can't help but read into it too much! Damn anxious mummy troubles!

I won't have mine until January 8th but if it helps re assure a bit with DS1 his abdominal circumference was more than a week behind everything else and he was fin . His head was also a little on the small side

Ladies do you have the measurements from your 20 week scans if you've had them already? I keep worrying about mine. The sonographer said baby was all OK but she's on a lower percentile for her brain size and higher percentile for her abdomen size. I'm sure it's all fine as still within the expected ranges but I can't help but read into it too much! Damn anxious mummy troubles!
I don’t have the exact measurements but I took a mental note during the ultrasound that his abdomen was a week a head and everything else was more or less in the same range. Overall he was in the 54th percentile. Our first son always measured ahead and to this day is just enormous for his age.

Twin girls, amazing!!! What an incredible experience to be pregnant with twins, I can’t even imagine. We are totally stalling on names. I’m sort of against all the trendy names but I also don’t want a super outdated name. I dunno, we will figure it out, lol.

my daughter has always been 10th percentile for her head (she was 50th for abdomen and 90th for leg length) and there is nothing wrong with her In fact she’s an incredibly intelligent 2 year old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->