• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~*May Miracles 2020*~

Kitty, I am the same with phoning...I avoid it at all costs! Drives my husband up the wall!

For the past 2-3 days or so it feels like my hips are about to dislocate. Dr says its normal because of the relactin (?spelling) that body is releasing in preparation for birth so that all joints are loose etc but damn it hurts and is so uncomfortable

Glad the hiccups arent anything to be concerned about Jary

I'm the same, if I can do something without having to talk to anyone then I am all up for it!! When they brought in ordering takeaways through an app it was the best day ever hahaha!!!

Aphy, I cant believe how close you are to meeting your baby now, sooooo exciting!!!

Oh Aphy SPD is awful. I won't miss it once baby has been born!

I will have my growth scan tomorrow! Quite excited I get to see baby again but worried in case they find anything bad! I'm sure all is fine but it's always a worry when it comes to checking baby over.

Last night I woke up with pain in my back which felt like a contraction type pain. It went on for a few minutes tho and then I went to sleep again so i didn't get any others. Baby is still very active and I just feel like she's getting herself ready to come into the world! Probably wrong but I do think she will be here sooner rather than later!

Jary I have my growth scan tomorrow too! Crossing fingers for us both for no stress outcomes.

Team blue here...and we still don't have a name! My husband and I can't agree on anything. And my husband wants the baby to have two middle names because he wants to honor two male family members and this will be our last baby. I'm fine with that I guess, but it just seems weird to me.

Do you ladies have hospital bags packed this time around? After DS1 I remember thinking, wow the whole hospital bag thing is so overrated. I think I only ate the snacks out of it and I bled all over the cute nightgown/robe I bought. This time I would totally bring clothes from the dollar store or something, but I can't even go to the store due to covid-19. I'm thinking of just ordering depends or pads and bringing a change of clothes/snacks/water and baby's going home clothes, but leaving it at that.

Jary I have my growth scan tomorrow too! Crossing fingers for us both for no stress outcomes.

Team blue here...and we still don't have a name! My husband and I can't agree on anything. And my husband wants the baby to have two middle names because he wants to honor two male family members and this will be our last baby. I'm fine with that I guess, but it just seems weird to me.

Do you ladies have hospital bags packed this time around? After DS1 I remember thinking, wow the whole hospital bag thing is so overrated. I think I only ate the snacks out of it and I bled all over the cute nightgown/robe I bought. This time I would totally bring clothes from the dollar store or something, but I can't even go to the store due to covid-19. I'm thinking of just ordering depends or pads and bringing a change of clothes/snacks/water and baby's going home clothes, but leaving it at that.

I have 3 middle names and I absolutely hate it! It’s far too fussy!

We don’t have a name either, not even a first name let alone a middle name :rofl: it’s stressing me a little because we had a name for Evie at 20 weeks!

I’ve packed my hospital bag, but I never bothered with any fancy gowns or outfits last time anyway, this time I have;
10 nappies
10 maternity pads
3 tiny baby grows
2 tiny baby vests
1 newborn grow
Bikini top (hoping for water birth/labour)
Small towel
Flannel
Soap
Lip balm
Black Baggy shirt and large leggings for going home
Very large (dark) button down top (goes down to my knees) if they force me to stay a night
Cotton pads for cleaning baby bum
Muslin
Cellular blanket
2 hats
Hair bobble
Snacks and drinks
3 pairs of 2 sizes too big granny pants (think they’re called mini briefs)

Ooh good luck cnote with the scan!

My husband is getting himself all prepared for them to turn around and say that baby is looking big so will induce me early. I doubt she is going to be that big lol but I guess we will see.

Im 36 weeks exactly today. 1 more week and we are full term so it's just a waiting game now!

I've packed my bag mostly - reorganised it yesterday but still need some small toiletries and some huge knickers lol. I think I've pretty much got everything for baby. I haven't packed too much but should be enough.

Good luck with the scan Jary! They said my little man's head was a little big but then my doctor said, when the head is engaged, it always measure bigger because it's impossible to get a good measure when they're all head down! I hope the baby isn't too big! You must be getting excited for the countdown starting at 37 weeks!

Aphy, I feel you on the pain department. If I spread my legs apart more than AN INCH it feels like my pelvic bone is going to snap in half. My goal is obviously to make it to 37, but boy, I don't think I will be able to handle the pain much past that...

We have a name thankfully. We had his main name for a long time, but we were keeping up with the latino naming of giving 2 names. (And that's as many names as I'm letting this kid have, that's already too many if you ask me haha. Especially with two last names!) So we're good on that.

I have had my hospital bag made for a long time.
I brought
  • a few breastfeeding cami and bras, (last time I was there 3 days!)
  • Toiletery kit
  • Towel
  • Frieda icepads
  • Big pads
  • Big pregnancy underwears
  • Bathroom
  • Slippers
  • Baby clothes from preemie to 0-3 (DS1 was 5lbs)
  • Diapers and wipes for baby (they tell us at least 20 diapers)
  • Snacks
  • Clothes to leave the hospital (for me)
  • Breastpump (last time, 3 days, I was able to pump my colostrum at the hospital)
  • Charger cables
Initially we had packed stuff for DS1 and DH, since they were both allowed the whole time... but... now DH is allowed for birth and everything, but the moment he leaves, he can't come back. My boss is on locked down quarantine because his gf is pregnant and higher risk, and lives 5 mins away (and on top of being my boss he is a good friend), so he'll take DS1 while we go to hospital, but you know, he already has 2 kids and everything. I'm not gonna leave him my son for 3 days or something. So, DH will leave and won't spend the night (which breaks my heart because I really thought we'd be the whole family at the hospital). And he'll pick us up. I'm hoping all goes well this time, because since this is a second pregnancy, and I breastfed like 13months, if all is well, and considering the risk of being in the hospital with coronavirus, I could be discharged under 24hours. So fingers crossed. (They would simply send a nurse over the next day to check up on us, they did it to some second time parents when I gave birth to DS1). So it would just be perfect.

We'll see!
I'm about to reach the first goal; 34 weeks. Now here's to hoping all the bedrest and all I've been doing will keep baby in there another 21 days!

I know this should be the least of my worries but I am slightly frustrated, with my daughter I gained 35lbs and had a massive bump (lots of water) and got like 6 stretch marks but only once I hit full term, this time The entire bottom half of my bump is covered in them and I’ve only gained 3lbs with a small bump and I’m not even term yet! How could it go so wrong this time???

Last edited:
I'm sorry kittykat :hugs:
Is your bump smaller or bigger this time? Maybe it's because the first time your skin went to it's limit and lost some elasticity and it didn't have as much this time around, and so, the marks appeared sooner and faster? (Even with a smaller bump). Sometimes the skin doesn't react the same way to being stretched a second time.

I'm sorry kittykat :hugs:
Is your bump smaller or bigger this time? Maybe it's because the first time your skin went to it's limit and lost some elasticity and it didn't have as much this time around, and so, the marks appeared sooner and faster? (Even with a smaller bump). Sometimes the skin doesn't react the same way to being stretched a second time.

I have a MUCH smaller bump this time round, fundal height wise it’s 5cm smaller than this time last time and visually it’s a lot smaller as well! And yeh I suppose the skin just hasn’t reacted the same, it just seems crazy that I literally had 6 tiny stretch marks last time and this time my belly looks torn up! It’s making me really self conscious!

Kitty I had awful stretch marks from my first. Havent had any new ones with this pregnancy - probably because my skin is already stretched out lol. They will fade, so don't worry :)

I had my scan. Baby is measuring normal apart from her abdomen which is rather large on 95th centile. They said they're not worried but she's estimated at already being 7lbs right now. My 1st was 7lbs exactly at birth and she was full term. So I'm now worried about having a big baby but they didn't mention induction or anything.

I will see my midwife again when I'm 37+5 so we will see how I'm measuring then and I'll speak to her about whether inducing earlier would be advisable or not.

Jary honestly don’t take those scans to heart, my baby also had a ‘big abdomen’ at my 36 week scan, they estimated her as 6lb 8oz at that 36 week scan, she came out 2 days before her due date at 6lb 13oz and was in tiny baby clothes for 3 weeks as newborn drowned her!

Kittykat, do you plan on breastfeeding? I've seen so many women who put the breastmilk on the mark and saw differences (including my friend who had them covering honestly 95% of her stomach). As Jary said, they do fade! :hugs:

Jary, I wouldn't take those to heart. They had said at 32 weeks that DS1 was 4lbs 7oz.
5 WEEKS later at birth, he was 5lbs 13oz... (I doubt he only gained 1 pound in 5 weeks).

My friend was told at 34 weeks her baby was 9lbs and would be over 10lbs. She was born at 41 weeks weighing 7.5lbs.

My sister was told her baby was going to be over 10lbs. She was 6lbs... So, please, do not worry. Even when I went, and she was giving me an estimated weight of 4lbz 8oz 2 weeks ago, she said, I don't think I've had one case where we've had to right weight so far. Babies tend to measure bigger on echos.

Kittykat, do you plan on breastfeeding? I've seen so many women who put the breastmilk on the mark and saw differences (including my friend who had them covering honestly 95% of her stomach). As Jary said, they do fade! :hugs:

Jary, I wouldn't take those to heart. They had said at 32 weeks that DS1 was 4lbs 7oz.
5 WEEKS later at birth, he was 5lbs 13oz... (I doubt he only gained 1 pound in 5 weeks).

My friend was told at 34 weeks her baby was 9lbs and would be over 10lbs. She was born at 41 weeks weighing 7.5lbs.

My sister was told her baby was going to be over 10lbs. She was 6lbs... So, please, do not worry. Even when I went, and she was giving me an estimated weight of 4lbz 8oz 2 weeks ago, she said, I don't think I've had one case where we've had to right weight so far. Babies tend to measure bigger on echos.

yes hopefully going to breastfeed (provided baby stays in long enough to do so) never heard of putting breast milk on them but if it’s anything like last time I’ll have an absolute abundance of milk so might be worth a go! Thank you, I know it’s silly, I have a history of anorexia and it’s very hard for me to deal with the weight gain/general enlargements of pregnancy and the stretch marks have seemingly pushed panic button in my head!

Thanks ladies!! I just can't see how she would be so big anyway. I was 6lbs 4oz born at 38 weeks and my husband is a twin born prem at 32 weeks weighing 3.5lbs. I'm only 5ft 2" and he's 5ft 7" - so we aren't big people!

I've eaten better this pregnancy too so how she's got a little fat tum tum I have no idea

Still breech. I cried through the whole scan. Asked consultant again about ECV and was told no. We discussed the options. I’m to have a portable scan in 2 weeks to see if it’s flipped and scheduled caesarean for 40 weeks. I asked to leave it this late so it has the best chance to turn.
If I go into labour before the CS, I’m to go straight in. If it’s early on, they will do an EMCS. If it’s advanced, we will go for a breech vaginal birth.
I’m gutted but I have to try to stay positive. I don’t want to ruin my last month of pregnancy. I just have to hope it turns.
Growth has tailed off a little, as mine always do at this point. Estimated 5lb15oz at 36 weeks. I predict another 7lber.
I got some amazing pictures. The sonographer said these were some of the clearest he’d seen for 36 weeks!
F177CE92-8CF2-4AEB-A7A6-EE28CF5A723F.jpeg 31A6020C-D93B-4AC3-8C33-919E16ABF010.jpeg F9E1FD2A-0B2B-4FB9-8766-450C6D55B230.jpeg
So I’m channelling acceptance and positivity. Why trash the last few weeks I’ll get to experience being pregnant? I do not want a caesarean, but I have to trust that the right thing will happen.
Please turn baby.

Still breech. I cried through the whole scan. Asked consultant again about ECV and was told no. We discussed the options. I’m to have a portable scan in 2 weeks to see if it’s flipped and scheduled caesarean for 40 weeks. I asked to leave it this late so it has the best chance to turn.
If I go into labour before the CS, I’m to go straight in. If it’s early on, they will do an EMCS. If it’s advanced, we will go for a breech vaginal birth.
I’m gutted but I have to try to stay positive. I don’t want to ruin my last month of pregnancy. I just have to hope it turns.
Growth has tailed off a little, as mine always do at this point. Estimated 5lb15oz at 36 weeks. I predict another 7lber.
I got some amazing pictures. The sonographer said these were some of the clearest he’d seen for 36 weeks!
View attachment 1080773 View attachment 1080774 View attachment 1080775
So I’m channelling acceptance and positivity. Why trash the last few weeks I’ll get to experience being pregnant? I do not want a caesarean, but I have to trust that the right thing will happen.
Please turn baby.
Awww what great pictures!!!! Isn't pregnancy amazing? I tell my son "you were in my tummy" and he looks at me like I'm crazy. It's amazing we all began like this. I can understand your frustration with baby being breech, but in the grand scheme of things, a CS is a small price to pay for a healthy baby. We have all been so lucky really to carry our babies to term and have positive scans so far. And your baby might still turn! Definitely stay positive - a lot can change in a month. My son was breech until 32 or 36 weeks I don't remember, then at one of the last scans he had turned. I suspect my current baby is also still breech, I'll find out today at the growth scan.

Sorry baby still breech Ellie but yes they definitely still have time to turn and the plan that's in place is a good one!!

Get into that inversion position from spinning babies!! Ice pack on top of your bump, something nice and warm on the bottom. Keeping everything crossed that baby turns for you!

Scan yesterday went fine, baby is head down and lying low. Doc said my cervix was closed but soft and seemed to indicate things were moving along. I have long suspected this baby might come early because he just feels SO low sometimes. With my first son, he wasn't this low until the day I went into labor. Later today, we're traveling six hours to visit my parents for Easter weekend, which isn't advised due to covid-19 and shelter in place, but it's the last opportunity to go there before the baby comes. My son just loves visiting them, they have dogs and a big yard, so much better than being cooped up in our tiny house. Just reeeaaally hoping baby doesn't come while we're there, but I'm bringing some newborn stuff and the car seat just in case.

Oh! Also, I scheduled my induction date if bubs is late - Doc suggested May 11.

Any special Easter plans for you and yours ladies?

Beautiful scan Ellie! I am sorry baby is still breached! But Ive known many women whos babies still turned in time. FX for you.

No easter plans here. Just DH and DS1, and we ordered some sugar shack easter meal. We'll be doing a video chat with the family for this year. We are getting close to lifting measures for COVID so I am hoping everyone stays in to avoid regressing!

Cnote, I feel you my cervix is just effaced now and opening and I'm just squeezing my legs shut! I hope baby doesnt come during your trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->