• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~*May Miracles 2020*~

I am also worried about how to little one with react to the change now that we're always together with the closed daycare (and the fact that he's always been a mama's boy and, despite us working on it for months now, he's not the best at sharing. He was supposed to move to the big boy group at daycare mid-march to have a smoother transition and not associate the change to his little brother, but that's down the drain now!)

I have contractions constantly, on top of BH, so that's been going on since week 20ish. Not sure where my cervix is at now, 2 weeks after measuring at 1.5cm instead of 3.5cm...

One hospital around here banned partners for birth. Because 1 dad lied and said he was fine but he was CODIV-19 positive... I hope the others don't follow...

And I'm sending a lot of prayers in the universe that those of you who can't have your partners, well that the decision will be reversed by the time the LO comes around! :hugs:

Bloblo, I find it so weird they're doing it by phone for you at the end like this. For my clinic they are doing by phone if you have symptoms and a few (like 14 weeks and 18 week apt). But at the end, EVEN someone with symptoms, they're figuring out safe ways to see them in person!

Ellie, I hope baby is no longer breeched! :hugs:

I had fairly regular contractions for 24 hours yesterday, but they’ve mostly fizzled out this morning. Just really hoping to wait a few more weeks, 32 weeks isn’t near enough the safe zone! And I don’t want to come home without my little one!

in other news I’ve gained absolutely no weight at all in 9 weeks.

Last edited:
Oh wow Bloblo, that sounds tough! Where are you from that they don't speak english etc?
I live in Poland. Im South African but dh is Polish. I speak very basic Polish and understand a bit too, but nothing near enough to navigate medical procedures :(

It's comforting to hear I'm not the only one experiencing contractions this early! Last night they were coming on a bit strong and seemed to be at 10 minute or so intervals, but they're totally gone today. I told my husband last night though, we need to be prepared for anything cause these contractions are weirding me out. Maybe this is more common after the first baby, I dunno. Crossing my fingers we all make it to or past the 37 week mark (which I think is considered term?).

Our hospital right now is allowing 1 visitor (presumably the partner or another family member) during delivery, but that can change quickly. The rules are always changing here with the coronavirus. I'm mentally prepared for just about any scenario except being separated from the baby after birth for whatever reason. I'm not letting myself think about that possibility.

I’ve just been reading back over the first few pages, from when we found out we were pregnant and had first scans etc. So exciting and cute!

Because I’m rubbish and have forgotten, who is on which team - pink, blue or yellow?

We are team yellow :yellow: and I’m amazed that I’ve managed to stay this way and not find out, since we’ve had 4 scans that could have told us already (20/28/31/34 weeks).

Tishy, I am anxious about section this time exactly because I am worried I have the same problems. Section went fine last time but I developed gastro difficulties post-op so ended up needing to stay in hospital almost 2 weeks. Currently I am already struggling with some gastro like problems so really worried it happens again in hospital. And now with this lock down etc, its not as if DH can come spend all day by me to help with the baby. Also at home, my toddler is VERY attached to me ...........not sure how toddler is going to react...so many worries!

I’m sorry you had complications last time Aphy. I found my first recovery to be difficult because of going through labor. But my second was much more straight forward because I knew what was coming. Hopefully it won’t be so hard this time and your gastro issues are resolved. With your son, it is tough... but they can surprise us sometimes! Give him lots of warnings and reminders that he’ll be the big brother and make him proud. What is the age gap?

I’ve definitely been having BH regularly... and my stomach has dropped.
Team :pink: here— girl #4!

Team Pink here

She had me worried this morning. Went to the loo at 5am and my bump had a solid lump near the top right side. I can normally get her to move if I press on a bump, but she wasn't budging. Anyway my tummy eventually became less hard and she seemed to be back in her usual position and eventually started moving. So I know she's OK but now it's made me just want her here even more so I don't worry so much!

Now it's 6am and I'm hungry! Might have to have an early breakfast lol.

I'm team pink :pink:

BH and movement is getting so painful now, I can't imagine being pregnant for another 6 weeks still!!!!

Bad cramps in my lower stomach with the occasional quite strong braxton hicks thrown in for the last hour. Paracetamol or triage/hospital?

Team :blue: over here.

Kittykat, me personally, I would go. Ive had that plus contractions for weeks, but I also had DS1 at 37, after danger of preterm labour and I am on work leave for now for the same reason... I always say better safe than sorry. Here we can call the maternity ward first and they do a phone assessment first, is that an option?

Team :blue: over here.

Kittykat, me personally, I would go. Ive had that plus contractions for weeks, but I also had DS1 at 37, after danger of preterm labour and I am on work leave for now for the same reason... I always say better safe than sorry. Here we can call the maternity ward first and they do a phone assessment first, is that an option?

yeh can ring up but don’t want to waste their time, the paracetamol seems to have marginally helped but it’s not gone away, had some (sorry TMI) diarrhoea which I hoped would cease the stomach pains but no such joy! Husband is an essential worker and won’t be home until 2:30 and has the car...

Hun! I don't think ringing them up would be wasting their time! They're there for that exactly! (Maybe it's the hypochondriac in me, haha, but wouldn't diarhea also potentially be a sign?) Either way, I hope you feel better soon and it eases off. Little one needs to keep cooking in there! :hugs:

It's worth ringing them Kitty even just for a bit of advice!

So had a midwife appointment today. My bump is measuring big - 35+5 today measuring at about 38. So the midwife has referred me for a growth scan. She's not worried as she thinks baby is a nice size from what she can feel, so it could be fluid or looser muscles etc. I'd still rather not have to have a growth scan as extra thing to worry about!

My BP is fine, urine clear, baby heart rate was a bit quick but she was being a little fidgit bum so probably to do with that and it eventually slowed a bit. Midwife was also amazed as she was practice breathing quite obviously and the midwife hasn't ever seen that before!

That is such good news jary! I am glad to hear the little one is doing so good.

I was also told baby was a little big, but my doc said the later on, its harder to have an accurate measure and usually babies are estimated a little bigger! I hope it goes well with the scan!

Thanks missy! I they should call me within 3 days if they want me to go in.

I forgot to ask my midwife about hiccups as she's hiccuped quite a bit today and I've heard it's a sign of cord issues if it happens a lot. If they don't settle I think I'll call the hospital for advice.

It's not helping my anxiety :(

I'm sorry, hun. I always was told it meant they were practicing breathing! Do you still feel a lot of movements?

Hope you find reassurance soon :hugs:

It does mean they're practice breathing but too much can mean cord issues. She's settled at the moment.

And yeah she's been quite an active girly the last few days. Not excessively but definitely more than usual like she's realised things are getting cramped in there and trying to make room.

I hate the worry they give us! When she's here I can at least watch her and know she's OK.

Team blue here and age gap will be 2yr9mnths

Went for another appointment today. Had some glucose in my urine bit think it’s my fault because I didn’t use first morning urine this time and had already had coffee and rusks by the time I did it. At least i hope that’s what it was. C-section date finalized for 20 April so only 1.5 weeks to go

Kitty, did you end up calling?

Jary, how are the hiccups now?

No :( it’s all sort of fizzled out now, little miss is back up under my ribs, I’m not good with calling people anyway, my anxiety prevents me from even calling to get a takeaway, so the thought of ringing triage is absolutely terrifying.

I still don’t feel brilliant but the cramps have gone which is nice.

Glad it's settled down kitty - I know it's awful having to call people. I hate it too!! But remember if you are worried they will be helpful if you call!

Hiccups have settled thankfully. I had a phone call from the maternity hospital and I'm to go in on Thursday for the growth scan. I asked the midwife that I spoke to about the hiccups and she reassured me it was fine as long as baby is moving as usual. So that helped me relax a bit.

Now just have to see if she's a big baby or if there's another reason for measuring big!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->