• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~*May Miracles 2020*~

Missielibra can I ask what an effaced/opening cervix feels like? I sometimes feel like mines effacing, when I feel it’s very hard (solid, I’m thinking baby’s head) then VERY soft thin lips in the middle where the opening is, the very soft middle bit sticks a little bit out of the solid wall behind it

Last edited:
Well, I haven't touched it. I am too scared to provoke anything (And I'm really intrigued to see how my doctor will check up on me Wednesday since I'll be 34+6 and it'll be my first check up since the echo measuring my short cervix at 32...) (I mean, DS1, I was 100% effaced 1cm, water broke and he was born 3 hours later, so clearly my cervix needs nothing open WIDE lol). So I can't tell you MY personal like impressions and feels BUT

I remember when I was effaced with DS1, my doctor did my check up at 34 (I was already 100%) I asked her, like, if I wanted to check what it would feel like. When you're effaced, its supposed to be soft and mushy, if it's hard, then usually it's not effaced. Maybe since you feel a bit of both, maybe it has begun?

Although the doctor at the maternity ward did tell me for a second, this can happen a little sooner in subsequent pregnancy, so it's a matter, of effacing, dilation and how low the baby is hanging.

Do you have an apt soon with the midwife/doctor?

With the current situation all of my remaining appointments are over the phone!

Finally found something I can use to describe how it feels, something between the two I’ve circled

F43E4E7F-E857-4840-8994-1254D8DACD2C.jpeg

Really? At this stage! Youd think they would wanna see you in person. My doc has switched to phone for people with symptoms/positive diagnostic and anyone under 16 weeks. After that, it's in person!

See that would make me think it has started from the visual (I also did a bachelor in nursing in another life haha). So it has probably begun but if I remember correctly, 100% is more like the thickness of a mason jar neck which would be more like the top 2 right ones.

When I was 32+0, and basically all gone cervix wise, they seemed confident I could go another 3 weeks, maybe 5 weeks. After that they weren't sure. So if you're about where I was another 3 to 5 would make you 36 to 38!

Do you know when the midwife will see you again in person, or she's not gonna do that at all? Will you still get the strep b test?

Really? At this stage! Youd think they would wanna see you in person. My doc has switched to phone for people with symptoms/positive diagnostic and anyone under 16 weeks. After that, it's in person!

See that would make me think it has started from the visual (I also did a bachelor in nursing in another life haha). So it has probably begun but if I remember correctly, 100% is more like the thickness of a mason jar neck which would be more like the top 2 right ones.

When I was 32+0, and basically all gone cervix wise, they seemed confident I could go another 3 weeks, maybe 5 weeks. After that they weren't sure. So if you're about where I was another 3 to 5 would make you 36 to 38!

Do you know when the midwife will see you again in person, or she's not gonna do that at all? Will you still get the strep b test?

that’s what I thought but unless the midwife detects any need to see me with the over the phone Questions I won’t see her again at all! That’s fine, I can deal if it’s another 3-5 weeks, just don’t want a premature baby especially given the current situation! Strep B test is not done where I live, no one gets it! But yeh unless I have a third baby I won’t ever see my midwife again as they don’t even visit after the baby is born now!

Of course.

I mean obviously I wouldn't want in any case a premature baby, but I really don't want one right now with everything going on... So I feel you. :hugs: I hope the LO stays snuggled another 4 weeks at least!

They were giving me 3 weeks and it's been slightly over 2... my contractions are not any worse than they were 2 weeks back... so! There is hope!

I think a lot of tele-physio/medicine is going to be a permanent thing following this... so many clinics have started doing evaluations, consults, follow up by video chat and phone now... I feel like that's gonna stick around

I had to go in person to my last appointment so they could check if baby was head down or breech and also to do the butt swab (lol, *I think* that's the strep b test?), but doc said that for the 38 appointment if I felt uncomfortable going in, we could do it by phone as long as I can weigh myself and take my own blood pressure. Would need to go in for the 40 week appointment though to again check baby's position and any dilation progress.

We live in a region of California that has been hit hard by covid-19 and our particular hospital was even in the news for being overcrowded with corona patients!! When my doc told me I had to go in for my 36 week I was livid and cancelled the appt. But due to the need for an ultrasound and strep b test they said I had to go in. But they had a whole check-in process that really minimized risk of infection, including letting only a handful of people into the building at one time, checking temp at the door, making you wear mask, gloves, etc. After going in, I felt a lot better about it.

I can’t believe I’ll be at term in just 2 days. 3 weeks until scheduled CS if this little troublemaker doesn’t get its head back down. Ugh.

How is everyone? I had to get my GP to give me some omeprazole after I spent the night with such bad indigestion that I was violently sick a few times and had to sleep sitting up. I’ve also been walking a lot (between 2 and 3.5 miles a day) and it’s making my pelvic girdle so sore.
Getting so excited though. I’ve washed everything and have started harvesting colostrum. Still not packed my bag, but I’ve got most of the bits I need for it now and just need to put them in the bag.

cnote, I do believe that this uncomfortable swab is the step b test. I know us it comes with two heads, one for vaginal swab and another one for the butt haha. I'm gonna try to convince my doc to do it at my apt tomorrow (because then I only see her at 36+6, and that's a little close for comfort for me!). Honestly, I personally found it cleaner and better controled at my apt in my clinic and the hospital for my echo NOW than usually. Even when I went for my son's 18months vaccines. Every 2 chairs 5 meters apart. Everything cleaned in between. Distance between people, everything super disinfected between each person. Heck, it had never been this empty!

ellie, I cannot believe you're about to reach fullterm! It seems the tests were turning positive just yesterday! Good news on the colostrum! I've been <losing> mine, because I'm scared that if I start collecting, I'll provoke contractions... I really hope your LO turns! When is your next checkup?

Fingers crossed your little one turns in time Ellie!! Same for me too I will be full term on Thursday!

My BH contractions have increased in amount and my bump and back have started cramping here and there. I know I have diastasis recti again and I think that's whats making my bump hurt.

I don't know whether to harvest colostrum or not. I didn't with my first and I'm not producing a significant amount at the moment but I haven't really tried as not yet 37 weeks.

It's coming so close ladies!!!

Well, had my appointment. 100% effaced, 1cm open.
At this stage I was 100% effaced, 0.5cm open with DS1, made it to 37+2, so here's to hoping I make it another 16 days!

Fingers crossed baby hangs on in there Missie!!

My hip pain is kicking up a notch, I just feel like I cant relax and last night I was awake worrying about baby's position as I seem to have a tight bump whenever I wake up and the misshape makes it look like she's moved. She hasn't but kinda makes me not want to go to bed.

Im more than ready for her now. Praying she does come before 40 weeks.

Crossing fingers he stays put for another couple weeks Missie! But even if he does come sooner, I'm sure he'd be fine. Just take it easy - a tall order when you got a toddler to look after I know!

Jary I know what you mean, my bump is so tight and low sometimes, I swear my water is gonna break. I'd be surprised if I made it to 40 weeks as well. Just a waiting game now ladies! I'm excited but reeeeeaaaalllly not looking forward to those sleepless nights, weeks...sometimes I don't know what my husband and I were thinking doing this again #-o

Haha the sleepless nights due to baby are still preferable to being in pain with my SPD and being limited to laying on my sides. I can't wait to lay on my back or my front again. It's a dream!!

I've ordered myself a manual medela pump in case we do eventually express if we go out for an evening etc once baby is older. And a haakaa milk collector. I also got some 1ml syringes for colostrum but Im not making much at the moment.

37 weeks today. Full term!!! We are all waiting for you little baby!!

I feel you Jary! SPD made it impossible for me to take a STEP yesterday. I was stuck in the doorway until DH helped me.

Yay for term! Its an any time game for you now! I hope its sooner rather than later so you can hold your LO!

Oh bless you Missie :( I'm not too bad in the day although my hips were really screaming at me yesterday.

I am actually done with being pregnant. I'm so tired, Im getting pain lower down, I can't move quickly and my child is driving me insane with her energy and crazy youtube videos lol.

My husbands parents have said they are ready for whenever baby comes to look after our DD - they are relatively healthy and have been good with social distancing and our girl is aware that she will have to limit her contact with her grandparents. Hubs is going to pick up snacks for us to take to the hospital tomorrow on his food shop so then we are pretty much ready to go!

I seem to have a very high bump considering I feel like baby’s heads engaging (starting to get the bowling ball between the legs sensations)

how’s everyone looking?

255991D9-2215-4EBC-A824-2B726DE3C01A.jpeg

I feel like I'm not super high but the pressure isn't massive in the pelvic area yet. It sucks when her head moves onto my bladder/cervix tho!

FB_IMG_1587049521265.jpg

upload_2020-4-16_11-8-29.png

I am also not high. This bump was pretty low the whole pregnancy but has gotten lower lately. If I suck in my stomach the bump looks super low. When I get the BH contractions it feels like he's gonna fall out! Got some pretty painful ones last night that had me feeling a bit nervous.

Woke up this morning with some mild low back ache and a burning sensation between my legs which had me worried briefly but it faded so must have either been in my head or else just from sleeping poorly. I have had the worst middle back pain all week though from carrying this weight. Can’t believe it’s happening on Monday!

8B4CD1B6-42B3-48F1-9BBF-021E0BB2FB59.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"