~*May Miracles 2020*~

No chance of going home, been given a sandwich and a yoghurt which has taken me up to 700 calories. Was put back on the monitor, tightenings started up again, told them to monitor whilst I was on my side and they agreed and they slowed right back down again. Might try to nap a bit, feeling very sleepy

They've just given me a steroid injection, said another one in 24 hours but I hope I’m not in that long!!

Hopefully LO stays put! But at least, the shot is good! They don't even give it here! (Even at 31 weeks!) and at this point LO is 35 weeks, the outcome is very good! :hugs: Hope all goes well! Thinking of you

Thank you missie, don’t think baby liked the shot very much, she’s moving like crazy now. Can’t believe how quiet it all is though.

Hahah I could see that she doesnt' like it. I don't think I would either haha!
You mean the hospital? I remember when I went I was the *only* one, it was almost spooky.

Kitty prognosis is very, very good for 35 weeks! My colleague who was due the same day as me had her baby @ 35+6 and get this, the baby was almost 8 lbs! So don’t worry about the baby being early but hopefully of course the shot will help delay premature delivery. Crossing fingers you can go home soon, it can be so stressful to be in the hospital and wait for next steps.

Yes Kitty, that’s at least one thing to be confident in, at this point baby would be totally fine being born. But praying she stays for a bit longer so you can feel more settled and to avoid any stay in the NiCU.

Good luck Kitty! I hope baby stays put for you! Keep us updated!

Well I had no sleep :rofl: but oh well, there we go, tightenings are there but not as painful and not as frequent provided I don’t sit on the bed leaning/laying on my back. Not been given any more information to be honest but we’ll see what happens when they do their morning rounds xx

Sounds like baby is keeping you on your toes already Kitty!! Let us know what they say this morning!

I had my routine midwife appointment - my midwife is lovely and really reassured me about the worry with baby's size from the scan. Today she's measuring more like she was before so theres been no huge spike in growth so that's a relief. All seems good except midwife felt she was more back to back today - but I think she does vary her positions. Best get on all 4s today tho!! Booked next appointment for 40 weeks but let's hope I don't need to go to that one :lol:

Sorry they arent giving you more info kittykat, but I am glad she is staying put :hugs:

Jary, I do feel like they like to do the flip flip haha. Good news on the size

Second steroid injection completed (slightly early but they were happy labour was not establishing at that moment and wanted me home) so I’m now being released! Hopefully with a baby who wants to stay in another 2 weeks :rofl:

That's good news Kitty!!! Keeping fingers crossed little one stays Happy and snug in there!

Good news Kittykat! I am so glad to hear that! And with 2 shots of steroids, you shouldn't be worried! (I didn't get any, and no one is worried haha!). We can do a countdown to term together and try to keep our in-a-hurry-babies in the oven a little while longer!

hha, I keep getting that joke. People tell me, you'll see, now you'll get to 42 weeks.
Although, I've never been pregnant for longer than 37 weeks, considering the stress this has given me (preemie during a pandemic and while having another one at home...) I'll take 42 weeks over preemie haha!

So glad you got released Kittie. And I am the one here with the best shot of making it to 42 weeks I think :haha:

So this baby is still breech and they have booked my c section in on 7th May, my due date. I have 2 weeks left to hope it turns.

I’ve been promised that we will make it as different from my son’s c section as possible. They will lower the drapes so that I get to see the sex first. They will pass the baby under the drapes so I can do skin to skin before the cord is clamped. I’ve chosen to have a neighbour come to our house for the couple of hours my husband is allowed to be there for the birth, as I don’t think I’d cope with a c section on my own.
My midwife, Hannah, will be with me and my consultant, Mrs Murala, is on call, so should be doing the operation. I’m trying to see all this as positive, but I still feel heartbroken. I’m still hoping so much that it turns.

Oh Ellie I’m so sorry! If it makes you feel any better my little miss is confusing everyone as not one of the 6 different members of staff who felt my tummy whilst I was in the hospital last night could tell if she was up or down and my midwife can’t tell either!! They were supposed to scan me to know for sure then didn’t because my labour stopped so they didn’t bother

I really hope that even if you do have to have the c section is goes exactly as you want it, or better yet your LO turns at the last minute! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->