~*May Miracles 2020*~

Hi everyone!
Would it be okay for me to join you, hoping this little bean sticks!

I ovulated a bit late and I'm not sure what my cycle length was gonna be since it was my first post partum period, but if I go by LMP my EDD is May 22nd!

Its a second baby for us. We have a little boy who is going to turn 1 yo in less than a week!

Hi everyone, can I also join? I’m straddling April and May because app says due date is 30 April, Scan at 6 weeks said 01 May and Dr says 02 May. I have to have a c-section so I know in all likelihood it will happen end April but you never know! From what I have read this seems like a great group! I’m from South Africa and this is our 2nd. We have a 26m old DS. Instinctively I feel this is going to be another boy since girls are quite scarce in the family but will be happy either way. I have had morning sickness (all day) since 6 weeks with heavy congestion which makes me get very little sleep at night.

I hope everyone is doing good so far!

Hi missielibra and Aphy! Welcome to our group!

Aphy ill add you to our list and I'll put 1st May down as a provisional date!

I think my nausea is going to be all day.... It seems to come in waves and is obviously better after food but its finding foods that won't turn my stomach. That combined with my acid reflux I get anyway it makes it a bit harder to manage but I was like this with DD in those first weeks and got a bit more used to it after. I know I lost a bit of weight in the first tri last time and I feel I might do this time around.

I feel like I want to do something today with the family as its nice and sunny - probably the last nice weekend we will get before autumn hits but I don't know how I'll manage! Suppose I have to for work so I'll find a way today lol.

Welcome Aphy and missielibra!!

Dr gave me a referral for a dating scan. Yay! Booked in for the 3rd of Oct. 17 days and counting. Longest 2.5 weeks of my life!!

Not so much nausea for me. It’s literally exhaustion. I am just so tired constantly but when I go to bed, I’m awake for hours. Frustrating.

Hope the morning sickness eases up for you all!!

Welcome Aphy and missielibra!!

Dr gave me a referral for a dating scan. Yay! Booked in for the 3rd of Oct. 17 days and counting. Longest 2.5 weeks of my life!!

Not so much nausea for me. It’s literally exhaustion. I am just so tired constantly but when I go to bed, I’m awake for hours. Frustrating.

Hope the morning sickness eases up for you all!!

Oh exciting! I hope the next couple of weeks goes quick for you!

And thanks, I hope the nausea goes soon too because I'm so bad at handling nausea :|

Jary I hope it eases up! Have you tried munching on a soda cracker before getting out of bed?

Starryeyed, a scan how exciting! My first one will be between 11 weeks and 13 weeks!

I am 11 dpo today. It was enough for a digital ! That reassures me.
20190915_065614_Easy-Resize.com (1).jpg

Jary I hope it eases up! Have you tried munching on a soda cracker before getting out of bed?

Starryeyed, a scan how exciting! My first one will be between 11 weeks and 13 weeks!

I am 11 dpo today. It was enough for a digital ! That reassures me.
View attachment 1068302

Looking great!!

My nausea has been with me pretty much all day lol. That and something else I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's just fatigue but I didn't feel sleepy just completely void of energy..... Not myself at all. I'm anxious about feeling like that for work tomorrow. Hubs has said to call in sick until I can see a doctor. I was going to tell my manager about my pregnancy tomorrow regardless, so I will see how things go in the morning as I'm not due in until the afternoon.

Looking great!!

My nausea has been with me pretty much all day lol. That and something else I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's just fatigue but I didn't feel sleepy just completely void of energy..... Not myself at all. I'm anxious about feeling like that for work tomorrow. Hubs has said to call in sick until I can see a doctor. I was going to tell my manager about my pregnancy tomorrow regardless, so I will see how things go in the morning as I'm not due in until the afternoon.

I've also been nauseous all day, and yesterday too. And I'm SO bloated. I seem to recall all this with my first pregnancy but I feel like it's a bit worse this time around. I have a demanding job and I'm not ready to tell my manager, so I'm really hoping I can pull it together tomorrow. Also having trouble finding agreeable foods. I'm finding bland stuff like rice cakes and peanut butter, or cereal, to be okay.

I feel that energy sapping from the first trimester! Its a drain. I hope the second trimester will be kinder to everyone!

I was planning to hold off telling work as well. I only go back to work next week. 52 weeks maternity leave ends september 23rd. I dont want to tell them right away I'll be gone for another 52 weeks soon! I mean nothing bad will happen but I'd rather hold off until 12-14weeks if possible!

My maternity leave ends on 20 Oct, but I also have 52 days of normal leave saved up. I already had a meeting scheduled with my boss for the first week in Oct to discuss my return (which would probably have been around early December). Will be sooooo great to be able to tell him that I will go straight on pregnancy leave instead of returning.
I love my job and before having DD, I was pretty much focused on my career, but becoming a mother has really changed my perspective and I could honestly not care less about work anymore. Wish I could just become a SAHM.

My heart breaks for those of you who live in countries where the parental leave is not up to standard. :hugs:

My maternity leave ends on 20 Oct, but I also have 52 days of normal leave saved up. I already had a meeting scheduled with my boss for the first week in Oct to discuss my return (which would probably have been around early December). Will be sooooo great to be able to tell him that I will go straight on pregnancy leave instead of returning.
I love my job and before having DD, I was pretty much focused on my career, but becoming a mother has really changed my perspective and I could honestly not care less about work anymore. Wish I could just become a SAHM.

My heart breaks for those of you who live in countries where the parental leave is not up to standard. :hugs:

So amazing that you get that much leave! We get 18 weeks government paid leave at the min wage. However, unfortunately this time round I can not afford to have that amount of time off at min wage. So I’ll just have to have 1 month annual leave and hope for the best thereafter. As this pregnancy is a surprise, I hope my work are ok with it.

Anyone getting emotional over stuff yet?!

Yesterday I was sat in the car overlooking the play park my husband and daughter were playing in and I started tearing up at how amazing they were and that I knew everything was going to be OK. That's not me!

And just now I rang my GP surgery to ask for a call back so I could talk to a doctor about taking ranitidine in pregnancy and they don't have any callbacks until this afternoon when I'll be in work and will likely miss the call. After I got off the phone I just burst into tears. Feel so silly :(

Yes. Emotional about EVERYTHING!!!
It’s quite embarrassing hahah

I know I shouldn’t wish any part of this pregnancy away at all!!! But this part is going so slow haha. Just can’t wait til I can feel it move

All day nausea still ongoing here :( and congestion as well. I havent stopped being emotional since my previous pregnancy 2 years ago, since then I cry at the drop of a hat. I just have to think about my son and how much I love him and I start bawling :oops: We get 4 months paid maternity leave here by us. I am hoping to take a week annual leave prior to the birth this time as well just to rest up. This past weekend was so exhausting trying to juggle a DH with man-flu and a busy toddler who decided to skip his nap on Sunday. And the nonstop nausea exhausts me

Me being an emotional mess was a clue to me being pregnant! I was bawling at everything. I was like that for my previous pregnancy so I dont think itll be different this time.

Sorry youre still sick Aphy! I just finally broke through the gastro the littleman brought home from daycare.

Happy monday mamas!

Sorry you're feeling rough too Aphy! At least we can take some comfort that these signs are all good!

I told my manager - luckily the dates are similar to when I was pregnant with my daughter so I'll probably aim to start mat leave at 36/37 weeks, take 9 months off as then the money runs out. I had my pay averaged out last time so I hope I can do the same this time.

Anyone getting emotional over stuff yet?!

Yesterday I was sat in the car overlooking the play park my husband and daughter were playing in and I started tearing up at how amazing they were and that I knew everything was going to be OK. That's not me!

And just now I rang my GP surgery to ask for a call back so I could talk to a doctor about taking ranitidine in pregnancy and they don't have any callbacks until this afternoon when I'll be in work and will likely miss the call. After I got off the phone I just burst into tears. Feel so silly :(
Omg YES! I am sort of new in my job, and I've been getting SO upset at little things, like our processes and how my manager needs everything "printed out" to review it...I know my frustration is fueled by hormones so I really try to contain it and just do my job. But at the end of the day I'm miserable. I left a really cushy position for this one because it was just a great opportunity, but now I am so sad everyday. And I can't tell if it's real or just the pregnancy.

All day nausea still ongoing here :( and congestion as well. I havent stopped being emotional since my previous pregnancy 2 years ago, since then I cry at the drop of a hat. I just have to think about my son and how much I love him and I start bawling :oops: We get 4 months paid maternity leave here by us. I am hoping to take a week annual leave prior to the birth this time as well just to rest up. This past weekend was so exhausting trying to juggle a DH with man-flu and a busy toddler who decided to skip his nap on Sunday. And the nonstop nausea exhausts me
"Man-flu" lol! :lol:

It's amazing just how such a tiny little baby to be can cause so much trouble on our bodies!

Hard to deal with but so so worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->