~*May Miracles 2020*~

Hi all, my name is Christy and I'm 6 weeks along, due on May 4, 2020. I'm 36 (37 next week yikesss!) so we're going to be doing all the genetic testing and what not. Baby was conceived on first cycle trying so we were a bit surprised but also pretty stoked. My husband and I already have a son who will be 3 in January. There is a lot of anticipated transitions happening with this pregnancy...we will likely move and I may leave my job when we have the baby. My job is very demanding mentally and my employer doesn't know I'm pregnant yet. I've been SO tired and fuzzy headed and have overlooked a few minor details in the last couple weeks and it didn't go unnoticed. So I'm really stressed out about how my job performance will fare in this pregnancy, ugh. Anyway, besides that we are excited and of course terrified about our lil May 2020 miracle, lol.

Hi christy! :hi:Welcome to our group and congrats on your pregnancy! I will put you on our little list of due dates on page one :mrgreen:

I know work can be stressful but I'm sure once they know you are pregnant then they'll be fine. And as humans we make errors here and there pregnancy or no pregnancy!

Well... First midwife appt was yesterday. Drew blood to check vitamin D level, progesterone level, and hcg level. It will be a couple days before I hear anything.

I'm 4w+5 currently and have sore-to-the-touch boobs, nighttime nausea (thank God because I can sleep through most of it), daytime exhaustion followed by insomnia. Please let this baby stick.

I wish my nausea was at nighttime!! Lol. All sounding really promising tho so yay!!

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your pregnancy. I’m trying to decide if we will do the Harmony test. I’m 42 but had my other babies aged 39 and 41 and they had no problems, so I may just go with the 12 week nuchal scan and basic blood test results like I did for them.

Hi Christy congrats!!!

Anyone having a dating scan?
I hope my doctor gives me a referral. Going to ask anyway. Really want to see the heartbeat, for reassurance.

Struggled this morning with the nausea. It's eased a bit now but ugh I felt rough.

Yay pregnancy :lol:

Struggled this morning with the nausea. It's eased a bit now but ugh I felt rough.

Yay pregnancy :lol:

Oh you poor thing. I only get random bits of nausea when I smell certain things. Like today, there were really sweet smelling brownies. Ugh gross. But glad it’s eased for you now.

I’ve been meaning to ask where all you ladies are from? I’m from Australia.

Oh you poor thing. I only get random bits of nausea when I smell certain things. Like today, there were really sweet smelling brownies. Ugh gross. But glad it’s eased for you now.

I’ve been meaning to ask where all you ladies are from? I’m from Australia.

Thanks! It comes and goes but if I'm snacking often then I'm OK. At the moment I feel I really need pasta and some carrots and cabbage with gravy (not together!!!!)

Im from Jolly old England!

I’m from the South of England.
I’m having an early scan next Thursday because our son was IVF and the clinic nurse and doctor have become our friends. With both subsequent (natural) pregnancies, I’ve been offered almost unlimited free early scans to reassure me until the 12 week NHS scan. I am so excited for next week! I’ll be 6+4 by ovulation date (7+2 from LMP) and I saw a heartbeat at 6+3 with both my others.

I will be interested to see how many there are too. I’d prefer another singleton, but we’d cope OK with more.

Im from South Africa, but live in Poland.

As for morning sickness, I am really fed up with it too. I feel queasy in the morning and then it gets progressively worse throughout the early afternoon. By 2pm I just want to lie down and do nothing. And by 4pm I am starving again. Not fun...

I’m from the South of England.
I’m having an early scan next Thursday because our son was IVF and the clinic nurse and doctor have become our friends. With both subsequent (natural) pregnancies, I’ve been offered almost unlimited free early scans to reassure me until the 12 week NHS scan. I am so excited for next week! I’ll be 6+4 by ovulation date (7+2 from LMP) and I saw a heartbeat at 6+3 with both my others.

I will be interested to see how many there are too. I’d prefer another singleton, but we’d cope OK with more.

Where abouts in the south? We are in the south west near Bournemouth :)
Im from South Africa, but live in Poland.

As for morning sickness, I am really fed up with it too. I feel queasy in the morning and then it gets progressively worse throughout the early afternoon. By 2pm I just want to lie down and do nothing. And by 4pm I am starving again. Not fun...

It's not fun at all! But I guess we have to remember that it will get better and we will have a beautiful baby at the end of it!

I'm in the US. Specifically Florida. Nausea is come/go, seems I'm ok as long as I'm eating (which could be bad for my weight) so I need to be careful. Boobs are sore to the touch (I wince when my toddler gives me a hug, thankfully she can't see it).

Still waiting on the phone call from the midwife with my blood test results.

I'm in North West UK. Hope everyones doing OK.

Symptoms so far include sore bbs and bloat, bloat, bloat!!! Look 6 months gone already!!

I’m from the U.S., Bay Area in California. I love how many different places are represented in this group! So cool. I’m getting my first scan next week at 7+2. I’m really nervous but excited. I’m so bloated though I’m afraid they’ll find two in there, lol.

I have had an aversion to chocolate so far this pregnancy, which is so weird, cause..chocolate!

We live in Somerton, near Glastonbury.

My boobs have been fine, but that may be because I’m breastfeeding my nearly 1 year old, Kirree. Today, I’ve started to notice my nipples getting a bit tender when she feeds. Not as bad as when I was pregnant with her and feeding my son, Finlo, but he was a biter! I’ve taken her feeds down to 2 a day now that I’m back at work and I will fiercely guard our last thing before bed feed, but maybe drop the first thing in the morning one in a few weeks. Finlo stopped wanting to latch when I was about 20 weeks pregnant, so I’ve still got a few months left with Kirree. I don’t want to tandem feed, but I will miss my times with her so much, as I did with Finlo.
I started expressing colostrum into syringes and storing it from 37 weeks last time and I will do that again this time. It really helped my milk come in fast and full. It arrived fully by day 2 and I had such a good supply that I was able to donate, which I’d love to do again. It was also good to have colostrum to give her the first night when I was totally shattered - the midwives actually gave 2 feeds while I was passed out (I’d had a 5 day long latent labour phase and then a third degree tear requiring extensive surgery, plus a huge amount of anxiety throughout because of what had happened to my son. By the time she arrived safely, I was exhausted. Happy and in love, but so very tired!)

I stayed in bed most of this morning lol. Managed to stay nausea free that whole time! It's sort of come back now tho and I feel very tired. I feel had for having a rest day but hubs said we've both had a busy week and we should have a rest day so just relax.

He's such a good man!

I’ve totally overdone things today. I’m exhausted running around after a toddler and a mobile baby. My husband doesn’t seem to understand that I should be taking it easy. I need to have a rest day tomorrow. I just found that I’m spotting a bit. I have pinkish discharge. Nothing to worry about just yet, but not nice to see. I’m going to rest for a day and hope it calms down.

I’ve totally overdone things today. I’m exhausted running around after a toddler and a mobile baby. My husband doesn’t seem to understand that I should be taking it easy. I need to have a rest day tomorrow. I just found that I’m spotting a bit. I have pinkish discharge. Nothing to worry about just yet, but not nice to see. I’m going to rest for a day and hope it calms down.

Im sure all is OK but understandably worrying for you. I had a bit of pain on my right side this morning but thankfully it's eased. Pregnancy can be such a worrying time!

Been feeling dizzy and nauseous today, and simultaneously STARVING. Every time I snack on something I feel like a crackhead getting a fix. I hate pregnancy hunger because it’s so hard to manage. Gained 40lbs with my first and I’m determined not to gain that much again let alone MORE than that. But a burger and fries sounds so good right now :-(

I also get the nausea then hunger thing. Not letting yourself get hungry is the key. Eat lots of small things. I have a box of granola at work and I have handfuls of it when I remember. Also drink plenty of water if you can.

I gained nearly 40lbs with Finlo then got back to pre pregnancy weight and got pregnant with Kirree. I gained just 25lbs with her. I started this pregnancy 6lbs higher than last time, but have so far lost 3lbs. I would like to keep total gain under 20lbs, but we will see. I know I can lose it again, so I will try to stay active but eat pretty much whatever I feel like.

Anyone got any cravings yet? I always crave salt, so marmite is going down well. With Finlo, I was obsessed with tomatoes, but with Kirree it was sweetcorn. Tomatoes are happening again! I’m not going to find out there gender this time, but we are thinking boy. If I have to start waxing my face from 12 weeks again, I’ll be sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"