~*May Miracles 2020*~

I’ve also been experiencing somewhat of a clear out and my husband has had diarrhea. With that being a covid-19 symptom, it does worry me. But maybe it’s just from all the junk food we’re eating on quarantine :D

we just found a significant rash on our sons back. It wasn’t there when I bathed him last night. We’re on the phone with our medical provider right now to get guidance on it. It better not be chickenpox this close to me delivering. I got 3 hours of sleep last night and I just cannot handle more chaos right now.

Oh no cnote I hope it isnt chickenpox! My daughter had it and oat baths and antihistamines helped her a lot. I never had it as a kid so was vaccinated when I started my nurse training.

Omg my son just told me “ladies cook”. I mean yes, I do basically all the cooking, but wow just goes to show how ingrained sexism is in our psyche! I did correct him and say actually girls and boys and men and women cook. Geez...

Oh no cnote I hope it isnt chickenpox! My daughter had it and oat baths and antihistamines helped her a lot. I never had it as a kid so was vaccinated when I started my nurse training.
Good to know, thank you! We’re wondering if maybe it’s bites or hives because we were outdoors a lot yesterday. We have a phone appt with a pediatrician this afternoon to sort it out.

Get him into cooking!! Lol

Hopefully it is just bites or hives but you'll know soon enough if it's pox as it comes up very quick.

Congratulations! He’s so perfect and you did so so well. Awesome Mama xxxxx

Congrats!!!! Mama to TWO boys now! Bet it feels good to have that baby belly out of the way! Hope you get some rest today mama.

Thank you everyone.

Ill admit for a second, I really hated myself for refusing the epidural. At the same time, I love giving birth on all 4. Second time I do it!

I didnt get a lot of sleep because hes a hungry bear haha but Im still on adrenaline! Does feel strange not to have my big belly anymore!

Screenshot_20200504-074920_Instagram_compress12.jpg

He is so precious Missie! I remember that adrenaline - you're so tired but can't rest cause you're wired looking at this little person you've just birthed! It's weird and wonderful!

Im looking forward to that high after giving birth.

If it's not rude to ask: I'm really wondering why most people take the full epidural vs the walking one? Here it is standard to have the walking epidural and very rare to get the full epi with catheter etc. During my previous labour I was moving around, going to the bathroom, bouncing on a birthball, doing some lunges and stretches etc whilst having the painkillers in and not feeling a single contraction. I specifically toned back on the drugs once I reached 10cm so that I could feel the birth and push without instruction, but I know some people prefer being fully numbed for the second phase too. Just wondering why I don't hear more of walking epidurals more often, do they not offer them there or is it a preference thing?

Bloblo I think it’s because there’s no difference here (at least in my hospital). I had the epidural and COULD still move around but wasn’t allowed to because I had the epidural. had to birth on my back as well it was horrible.

never having the epidural again :rofl: I was actually hoping to at least labour in the water but unsure if they’ll let me!

Bloblo here from what I've been explained/understood you only get the one that basically numbs you waist down. Only option so you have to stay in bed, on your back and someone has to hold your legs for you during labou . Thsts why I havent taken it both times. Kinda dont wanna be so sluggish. Your option sounds amazing tho

Bloblo here in the US I don’t believe we have the option for that. The epidural numbs you from the waist down. I’m in the minority here that I don’t want to feel a thing! Maybe this time will be different. Had 18 hours back labor last time on no sleep for three days and I wouldn’t taken a hammer to the head by the time they offered the epidural. Hoping this time will be different but already going on 48 hrs no sleep now.

Starting to have stronger BH and feeling it more in my back. Also starting to lose mucous plus little by little but it’s still clear. I should be excited to be showing the signs but I’m so tired I just want this little guy to hold on until I can get some sleep. Even like 2-3 hrs would be a god send.

Any chance for a nap cnote?
Im also feeling some contractions currently. Just light ones, but might be the start...

Any chance for a nap cnote?
Im also feeling some contractions currently. Just light ones, but might be the start...

I have been napping during the day, but I have a hard time getting REM sleep when I nap. I usually kind of doze with one eye open so to speak. If I'm truly, truly exhausted I'll get a REM sleep nap but I think I can count like 3x in my whole life it's happened. I'm no stranger to insomnia, but what I struggle with is the mental/emotional instability I feel after a certain point. When my first son was born, I felt very depressed and overwhelmed in part due to being so incredibly tired and also because I was told there might be something wrong with the baby. He ended up being totally fine, but that day was really hard. I really want the birth to go better with this one, but I have faith that however it goes is the way is was meant to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->