May Mummy's 2012

How's Johnny feeling now? Hope he's on the mend and shifted the cold.

Off to MIL's for dinner..., wish me luck!!! I'm gearing myself up for her stupid comments already!!!!! xx

Good luck Clare! Talking of stupid comments fobs mum made just as stupid the other day trying to defend why her son is an arse who won't pay for Lexi my favourite was "how is he even meant to see her if you don't let her out of your sight?" umm....she's 6 weeks old?! I really think because Im only 21 they expected me to just hand my baby to them every weekend or something. So they're taking "legal action". I honestly feel sorry that my lo is related to them haha

I feel so sorry for you Clare with your mil you must dread visiting her!
Rara I feel so sorry for you too Hun sounds like lexis dad is a real arse!

I managed to get out on thu I went for a visit to my work it was a lovely walk in the sunshine and I got some daytime adult conversation as well as showing Taylor off too.

I bet you could have dug yourself a deep hole on that bus lollipop, what goes through some people's heads to ask such personal questions???

Irish I know what you mean about chavs and baby groups! From past experience lol! (they are made to go there as part of family support plans)

My breastfeeding is still going really well and Taylor is still sleeping for long periods on the night. He slept from 12 till 7 flat night! I was up in the night checking on him though lol! ( I truly am lucky he is such a good baby it's unreal)

Hope you ladies have all had a good weekend!

Oh mare.. I am so very jealous!!!
It's been a nightmare to get Emily down tonight but she's finally out for the count!

MIL only made one snide comment that I let pass.. Lol

Tay - hows Logan doing on the bottle? Are you still breastfeeding too? xx

Hey girls, how's every one this morning?

Johnny's feeling a bit better but still a bit snuffly! It's so horrible but his mood hasn't seemed to have changed, still smiley and happy! He's started going on his side now, it's so cute.. he kicks his legs and bum in the air until he rolls on to his side, makes me laugh so much!

I'm dying to get in to a routine but Johnny just isn't having it haha. When did the girls with older babies get their ones in to a routine?

Clare - Your MIL sounds a challenge haha. I find that all older mothers feel they know better than you. I love my mum so much but she just can't believe that I'm going to try to hold off weaning until 6 months and always brings up how crazy I am for waiting that long. It's hard to explain to people who have had children that guidelines changed and everything they did isn't the best way!

Mare - Taylor sounds like a very content little boy! Keep doing what you're doing.

Rara - Sorry to hear you're having issues with FOB and his family. I hope you sort something out that you're comfortable with.

Hi Ladies!

Clare feeding is going so well, as of today I'm just FF now. Logan sleeps better and it means my OH can do more which he loves. I'm also going out a lot more as I'm not worried about the constant feeding.

My mum is much worse than my MIL, always saying I need to leave Logan and soon enough I'll be desperate for a break from him! She also thinks everytime he cries that he has wind so I've stopped being polite now and just go take him back when he's crying.

Chloe that's great that Johnny is still happy when he's ill! Hope he's getting better.

Mare I'm so jealous! Do you think that you're a lot more relaxed with Taylor than with your first?

Rara I really hope you get things sorted, that's the last thing you want with a newborn!

I wonder how Vicky is getting on?

Sounds like you're all doing fantastically with your Los! I feel Lexi doesn't always like me haha I'm sure she plots to sleep everytime we're out and stay up all night! :haha:

Yea fob and his mum are just being selfish in my opinion by pretty much saying they just want her on their own, that's not thinking about Lexi since she's quite hard work they wouldn't know what comforts her since they've only seen her twice for a total of about 2 hours! Just going to have to fight for supervised visitation so I don't have to deal with them, no drama and I will know shes safe!

Hows baby groups going? Anyone tried any more? I'm thinking I might just not do it, far too shy haha. Hope everyone's well!

Irish - Glad Logan is sleeping better! My mum always says Johnny has wind when he doesn't or if he cries she will say "oh that's a hungry cry" and I could have just fed him and if I pick him up when he cries she says I'm spoiling him and he will learn bad habits :dohh:

Rara - Hope you get the supervised visits. I would do the same in your situation. I haven't even left Johnny alone with anyone, not even OH yet!!

I think we're gonna start baby massage from when he's 7 weeks, hoping I meet some people as I don't know anyone with babies near me!

I got the letter for Johnny's injections, they are next week and I'm dreading them! I know he needs them but it's going to be horrible! xo

Chloe how much does Johnny drink and how often? Logan seriously loves his formula! I'm booked into baby massage as well, I've heard some great things about it.

He has 4oz every 3 hours and around 4-5 hours at night, what about Logan? xo

Logan has no pattern what-so-ever at the moment but can easily drain a 6oz bottle! I'm worried he's eating too much but he's never sick and I can't deny him food. My HV said to feed every 4 hours and if he wants more before that to offer him water but he's too smart for that. He does go for a good 5-6 hour stretch at night of sleeping now though so I'm hoping his bigger feeds in the day are just to support that!

Love your picture btw Chloe! I love those glasses & lipstick! always wanted to wear ones like that but as a pale blonde, I look daft in them!

As no-one else seems to look at this thread (which I'm very glad about!) I'm going to ask a personal question now. It's coming up to my 6 week check (wednesday) and I've been saying to the hubby that there's a no sex rule before 6 weeks. However, I am absolutely terrified that having sex is going to be painful and cause some kind of damage! In my eyes, there's no way that my bits can go through all that without being traumatised in some way?!

Anyone else feeling like that or are you lot all at it like rabbits while I'm the loser? It feels like I'm about to lose my virginity all over again! I'm actually considering downing a few glasses of rosé to make it easier :)

Haha Irish.. I feel exactly the same about bedroom action!!!! Hubby and I tried 2 days ago but he literally got the tip in and I had to stop.. It felt so different and as if it was gonna be sore! Might just be coz I was incredibly tense!! Lol.. Don't think I'll ever feel the same down below again!!!!
I've got my 6 week check 2moro.. Anyone know what happens.

Considering moving Emily onto FF constantly as I'm desperate for her to develop better sleeping habits at night!! A 5-6 hour stretch would be bliss!!!!

Rara- you sound like you've got a sensible head on your shoulders.. Don't let FOB's family get to you. Only you know what's best for your LO!! Keep your chin up!

No sign of Vicky.. Hope she's ok and still coping with her 2 darlings!

Waiting on Chris to come in from work.. My plan for this evening is to Hoover, change the beds and catch up on ironing.. Exciting stuff us mothers lead eh..!!!!
xx

Haha! Your evening plan sounds like an exciting one! I really wasn't sure about changing Logan to formula but I realised it was my pride standing in the way. Some people find bfing easy, unfortunately I wasn't one of them!

Glad I'm not the only one who has sex issues now! I told OH that I've put my vagina through so much that I fear I may never be forgiven if I try to have sex! Men are pretty amazing though, if I'd just seen a baby come out of there I'm not sure I'd be so keen on sex, however OH doesn't seem to have any problem with that!

Thanks Irish! I've only recently started to feel like 'myself' again. I felt so ugly when I was pregnant and just after the birth but feeling normal again :D!

Don't worry about what you're feeding him. I think if they take it then they need it, knowing when they're hungry is one of the few things a baby can do so I feed on demand weather he decides he wants to eat sooner or later (not that he ever holds out for food :haha:)

I waited until 4 weeks after birth and I was terrified and felt like I was losing my virginity again too but it was all fine, thank god! I waited until I'd stopped bleeding and I felt my stitches had healed.

Clare - IF you decide to give Emily formula then you can always try it at night if you still want o BF too then you get some sleep too :haha: Only if you decide to of course. I would also suggest MAM bottles, I love them! All my friend who BF also said they were the only bottles their LO's would take after BF'ing xo

I've not got a six week check? Nothing's been mentioned to me anyway =/

No sex for me, no oh for me to have with anyhoo haha seriously considering being a nun!

Hi

Sorry, I've been awol. It's been manic here with the builders. Finally DH is holding Ava for 10 minutes.

Ava is doing great she is starting to get a bit of a routine, probably enforrced by Wills routine. With Will I think we had one by 12 wks, not a strict one.

Mare, I'm so jealous, that's a great long stretch!! Ava tends to feed at about 2 am and 5 am. From 5 am I co-sleep and feed on my side until Will wakes at 6 am, only way I can get a few more zzzz's

Clare, hope you enjoy your fun evening, sounds much like mine lol xx Feels strangely nice getting up to date with everything though.

Irish, it's 6 weeks today and DH has practically been crossing the days off on the calender and is now nagging me, apparenltly tonights the night. I'd rather read my book or enjoy the sleep. I keep pointing out that I have recently had a 9lb baby and weigh 3 stone extra. He must be desperate ha ha. Not sure about over feeding a baby, I didn't think you could and I think I'd give more hun if he needs it x

I didn't automatically get a six week check last time, you have to book it yourself and my Dr was rubbish last time and as I don't have any concerns I'm not going to bother this time x

Hope you all have a good night, will try and get on more xx

Haha Vicky.. Good luck for tonight!!! Hope you enjoy it!!
I'm going to distract my hubby for a wee while longer I think!

Had 6 week check today and everything is fine with Emily. They didn't bother about me at all.. Just gave me a post natal depression form to fill out with lots of silly questions!!

Tay - when you switched Logan to bottles did he have a day or 2 of very dirty nappies? Emily had 2 bottles yesterday and breastfed through the night.. Another bottle this morning - so far 3 (bad!!!) dirty nappies!! Worried she might have a wee tummy bug but hoping its just the increase in formula. They are very stinky too!!! Lol.. Oh the joys!!!

How are you all coping with this awful weather? xx

Just had to share this pic! Hope you're all having lovely evenings!

Attachments

• IMAG0266.jpg
    IMAG0266.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
Formula nappies are completely different! They're a different colour and stinky so it sounds just right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->