May Munchkins 2019

Hello, ladies. I'm sorry I've been so absent. The internet was stressing me out several weeks ago and my husband made me promise to take a break to get my stress levels back down.

We went in for our 12-week scan about 10 days ago and although they couldn't find the the heartbeat with the doppler, I amazingly did not freak out, and when they did the ultrasound (oh no! another picture of bean!), everything looked perfect. I did the genetic blood test this last week and got the results back yesterday: they said everything looked normal, and we're having a baby girl! My gut feeling was that it was a boy (and my husband's family has all the boys), so we were shocked, but thrilled. So thrilled. My husband actually started tearing up from joy in the restaurant we were in.

I did a quick scan of the board, and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone who needs them.

Sweet :hugs: I'm so sorry hun. That is absolutely terrible. I'm happy that you're doing okay though and have such an amazing outlook on it. Are you going to pursue it further?

Tigs congrats on the little girl! Super congratulations hun! Really happy everything is going so well and you got an extra scan to boot.

Thanks ladies. Am feeling pretty crappy.
Our options are CVS or amnio or we can wait and see. We have a scan booked for 16 weeks regardless so they can assess the level of fluid again.
Cant believe this after we had the low risk Harmony results.

Sporty I’m so sorry hopefully it’ll look much better at the next scan and it’ll give you a better idea of what to do next. I have a friend who found out the baby had lots of cysts and a big on on the neck. After about 6 weeks of continuous scans weekly.. the cysts just disappeared so fingers crossed everything is going to be fine for you xxxxx

Sporty i have my fingers crossed for you. Even when people get naturally worrying results of, for example, 1 in 4 chance of having downs that does mean you have a 3 in 4 chance of the little bubba not having it. If you see what I mean. I hope you are ok.

I have had a worrying weekend. Friday i had some brown discharge, which is still continuing today. No cramping but terrible round ligament pain. I saw a doctor on Saturday and spoke to my midwife today and they both said that as its not red and cramping not to worry and could all be completely normal, especially as I will be 14 weeks tomorrow. My midwife has squeezed me in on Thursday to see if we can hear the heartbeat with the doppler. Hoping I hear a strong heartbeat! I know the doctor and midwife have said to me not to worry but that is easier said than done when you've had 3 previous miscarriages.

Conundrum, :hugs: Thank you so much. I have already emailed the doctors I am closest with and they have all agreed to write me references. The plan for now is that I will take more classes next semester, and then take a break until Fall. That will give me a lot of freedom to just focus on my own life and I will have a lot less stress to deal with. I won't be looking for another job until next Fall. I feel like this is just the perfect opportunity to rest through this pregnancy. Luckily, we do not actually need a second income so it will not impact our lives negatively.

As far as the circumstances for it, I won't be able to prove it was the pregnancy so I will just leave it be. I will not return to that practice though. Loved my coworkers but I am not one to be burned twice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, test results are back and the baby is negative for everything! <3

Sporty, I have my fingers crossed for you and sending you heaps of good luck. I have a friend who was pregnant with her second child and they said to her the baby's NT was very high I think it was 1:10 that time, she was so stressed out and during her 20 week morphology scan showed a perfectly healthy baby girl. She is 7 now and prefect. Best of luck x

Sporty, Flou I really hope everything turns out OK :(

In other news, my NIPT results are in and it’s team blue for me once again!

Thank you ladies. I am still getting brown discharge but it is lighter today so fingers crossed! I am still feeling the round ligament pain alot and feel generally achy. But apparently the hormone relaxin is at its peak and not uncommon to get more of this pain in subsequent pregnancies. Just hoping it eases soon. I have randomly noticed my knees keep clicking the last few days with the looser ligaments. We did get the results back from the trisomy tests and they came back great.

Good luck Sporty with the upcoming results of the CVS. How long do you have to wait? Fingers crossed it all comes back good.

Congrats keepin on team blue! Excellent news!

Thank you ladies. I am still getting brown discharge but it is lighter today so fingers crossed! I am still feeling the round ligament pain alot and feel generally achy. But apparently the hormone relaxin is at its peak and not uncommon to get more of this pain in subsequent pregnancies. Just hoping it eases soon. I have randomly noticed my knees keep clicking the last few days with the looser ligaments. We did get the results back from the trisomy tests and they came back great.

Good luck Sporty with the upcoming results of the CVS. How long do you have to wait? Fingers crossed it all comes back good.

Congrats keepin on team blue! Excellent news!

Its 2 weeks for all the results to come in.

Damn that’s a long time. Well, we are all here for this TWW with you and I am always optimistic in these situations. Please try to think positive thoughts dear, it’s best for you and your baby.

We’re here if you need us

Damn that’s a long time. Well, we are all here for this TWW with you and I am always optimistic in these situations. Please try to think positive thoughts dear, it’s best for you and your baby.

Thank so much. xx

Hoping the best for both of you!
----------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations on the boy, Keepinitreal!

Sporty major hugs still coming, will be keeping everything crossed that results are great and these two weeks fly for you. As always we're here if you need us

Keepin congrats on team blue :happydance: I'll update you now.

Sweet that's is awesome then really happy you get to rest and relax but I'm still sorry over the circumstance. I don't blame you for not returning. Wishing you the best hun.

Flou sorry to hear about the bleeding I know it's always teterrifyi but I'm really glad to hear it's starting to lessen. Everything's crossed for you and your LO. Congratulations on your test results

UGH sweet, that's awful! I'm glad you're taking it positively, but I'd be so upset if I were you. I'd think you could definitely fight them on this (although it sounds like you're okay with the outcome). I'm so sorry this happened to you! :hugs: OH and congrats on the test results! Great news! <3

Tigs - SO excited for you! Congrats on your baby GIRL! :happydance:

Sportys - Praying for you. Hope everything turns out to be fine :hugs: Keep us posted on your CVS results :hug:

Flou - One more day to hear that beautiful heartbeat! FX for you that everything goes smoothly. I know bleeding (no matter the color) is always concerning :hugs: Keep us posted!

Keepin - Congrats on team blue! :yipee: Are you happy with the results?? A little brother for DS is going to be GREAT! :)

AFM - I'm back to drinking coffee! I know it sounds weird, but it makes me feel more human :haha: I find myself in a better mood and ready to take on the world :rofl: Maybe it's not the coffee, but I'm definitely in better spirits, which is REALLY nice because I've just felt SO sickly for the past 5 weeks or so. The nausea is letting up a bit, but I'm still on the meds. Food aversions are def better too. Almost 2nd tri! Can't wait to tell my DD & DS! Also anxious to let the cat out of the bag at work! People must suspect... I feel like my tummy is so round & big! :wacko:

Yay we heard the heartbeat! I was so relieved! Still getting a little bit of discharge but its more yellowish now rather than brown. So really hoping it completely stops soon. But hearing the heartbeat has definitely given me hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->