MAY testing thread!!!! OMG, 134 testers, 25 BFP's and 4 angels, in MAGICAL MAY!!!!

My husband took another turn for the worse. All the fluid and food he'd gotten down the last few hours all came back out because the USMC made him come in for a piss test.

Do I have much of a chance with sex 2 and 3 days befor e ovulation but none the day before or the day of?

It might not be the best odds, but sperm can live for 3-5 days, so if you BD 2 days before OV, you're certainly not out! I wouldn't worry about it really. You should still have some little swimmers right there waiting for the eggy and your poor husband sounds like he needs some TLC instead of the stress of TTC! Here's hoping he feels better soon, and good luck!! :hugs:

BTW: BD 2 or 3 days before OV actually makes it a higher chance you'll have a girl than a boy if it does catch!

I haven't even mentioned to him that I'm ovulating. It'll just stress him out that he's so sick during crunch time and I don't want to do that to him. Who knows, maybe he'll miraculously be better tomorrow and we'll BD and everything will be peachy. It could be more like a day before ovulation. I might ovulate tonight, I don't chart my temp so I can't know for sure, and we BD'd last night and yesterday morning.

Thank you. Good luck to you too. :dust:

:sex: the day after you technically ovulate just in case ovulation is a little late. :winkwink:

Yesterday I had a +opk, but today its negative again. Does that mean I've already ovulated?

It's possible. Make sure you don't test with fmu when using opks. You can get a false positive.

I always test at 2 PM. I checked my cervix and its closed, but still high and soft. My cm is very lotiony. I don't know what these signs mean, though. I'm hoping it means I ovulated yesterday, which would mean I had sex 24 hours before ovulation, which isn't bad.

Oh cani be added please? Will be testing on 25th :flower:

My husband took another turn for the worse. All the fluid and food he'd gotten down the last few hours all came back out because the USMC made him come in for a piss test.

Do I have much of a chance with sex 2 and 3 days befor e ovulation but none the day before or the day of?

It might not be the best odds, but sperm can live for 3-5 days, so if you BD 2 days before OV, you're certainly not out! I wouldn't worry about it really. You should still have some little swimmers right there waiting for the eggy and your poor husband sounds like he needs some TLC instead of the stress of TTC! Here's hoping he feels better soon, and good luck!! :hugs:

BTW: BD 2 or 3 days before OV actually makes it a higher chance you'll have a girl than a boy if it does catch!

I haven't even mentioned to him that I'm ovulating. It'll just stress him out that he's so sick during crunch time and I don't want to do that to him. Who knows, maybe he'll miraculously be better tomorrow and we'll BD and everything will be peachy. It could be more like a day before ovulation. I might ovulate tonight, I don't chart my temp so I can't know for sure, and we BD'd last night and yesterday morning.

:sex: the day after you technically ovulate just in case ovulation is a little late. :winkwink:

Yesterday I had a +opk, but today its negative again. Does that mean I've already ovulated?

It's possible. Make sure you don't test with fmu when using opks. You can get a false positive.

I always test at 2 PM. I checked my cervix and its closed, but still high and soft. My cm is very lotiony. I don't know what these signs mean, though. I'm hoping it means I ovulated yesterday, which would mean I had sex 24 hours before ovulation, which isn't bad.

Sounds to me like you ovulated hun. Your CM is right on track and your cervix is in the right position. Have you ever checked out the website beautiful cervix. It's amazing!! It actually shows real cervix pictures on each day of the cycle.

Sounds to me like you ovulated hun. Your CM is right on track and your cervix is in the right position. Have you ever checked out the website beautiful cervix. It's amazing!! It actually shows real cervix pictures on each day of the cycle.

I have, it was fascinating. Thanks for the support you've offered me. I hope your cycle is going very well too.

Thanks for the comment about the FMU :)
I was planning on using that one for my OPK´s.
Now I know better.

Thanks for the comment about the FMU :)
I was planning on using that one for my OPK´s.
Now I know better.

You have a 24 day cycle? You are sooo lucky! Waiting 32 days feels like forever.

I had a 24 day cycle last month, but I have no idea if it´s regular yet or not. Only my second cycle now since quitting on BC. :)

I totally understand. I was on bcp for 5 years and the quit in december. This is only my second real cycle with ovulation and everything. It was a lot harder to get out of my system than I thought.

Well tomorrow I should officialy be in the TWW but I will start testing 10dpo! I hope this is not only my month but everyone's month! FX'D for a BFP!

I'm in the same situation we BD'd last on Friday which was CD 13 I got my +opk at 3 am CD 17 I which means I would be Oing anytime now and we will be BDing at 5am in the morning CD 18. So in 5 hours. Do you think I still have a chance to get that egg?!

YES!!! The egg lives for 24 hours!!!

Petesgirl20 I also have a question! If I received my first positive last night at 7pm and I tested this morning at 6:32am and it was still bright red how long or how many days should I BD? When do you think I will OV?

I definately think you ovulated early, sorry i didnt answer sooner, me and OH were out ALL day running errands and planning a family vacation for the end of may!!!
Now about testing in the morning!!! BIG no no!!! if you use first morning urine in a opk, the opk will show results from the day before, LH doesnt show up in your system until later in the day, so try to test between 10 am-8 pm for the best result. As far as BD, its good to BD (if your schedule lets you) up to 3 days before ovulation, 2 days before ovulation, you can skip the day before IF you want just to let your hubbys sperm gain some strength, but BD the day before cant hurt, definately the day of and the day after!!!! remember your egg only lives 24 hrs so get as much as you can in!!!! good tips for you since your new to ttc, after BD, try to lay back with a pillow under your lower back with your legs in the air for 15-30 mins, and if you can try doing keegles to suck up the sperm, and if possible, try to have an orgasm before your hubby 'finishes' that way when he does your uterus will still be contracting and will suck up all the baby batter and make it easier for you to hold it in. if you still find it hard to hold it in try looking into getting some softcups to hold all the sperm close to your cervix, it'll give you a 12 hr hold which can really help if you only have time for a quicky during ovulation....just a few tips for BD'ing!!! hope this helped let me know if you have any more questions, thats what we are here for!!!

Petesgirl20 thank you so much. I also tested around 12 noon and still two bright red lines, then tonight bright red but looks as if by tomorrow it will be thin or fading. What I am still confused about is how do I pin point what day I will ovulate. Especially since it's going to be early I was set for the 22 due to my cycle but now that I am early I am completely lost. Here's my chart https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/bbtcharts/mychart-109934-46271.png

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/bbtcharts/mychart-109934-20643.png

WOW!! I really think you ovulated early, but you cant quite confirm yet, lets see what your temp is in the morning, you are looking for AT LEAST a .4 spike within the the next 2 days, try to make sure the next two days' temp is accurate, try not to move before you take it and if you can try to sleep with you mouth closed (idk if you sleep with your mouth open but i know I be slipping up sometimes :blush: , lmao, OH takes pics of me and sends them to me when Im at work to make fun of me :growlmad: ) keep me updated, fx'd that you ovulated early!!!!

Welcome to all the new ladies who just joined the testing thread, you have all been added and i have my fx'd for you all!!!
Sorry I was out ALL day ladies OH and I are planning a family vacation to Atlanta with 20 other family members :nope: :wacko: ](*,) Its going to be HELL!!! But my little cousin is graduating from high school and honestly, the ONLY reason im going is because he was there for mine yrs ago :p lol but I'm still pretty relaxed and calm about ttc, OH and I :sex: yesterday and for the first time since the miscarraige the :sex: didn't feel like a job we actually did it because we wanted too, and nothing beats that, and when its all said and done...everyone wants thier baby to be made out of love right?
So, im pretty happy with the way things are going this month and not stressing out about ttc, i havent even told OH when im ovulating just so he wont get any performance anxiety.

Ladies just a few words of encouragement, DONT GIVE UP!!!!! we are all here for each other, stay positive and keep your head up high!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->