MAY we all be blessed with baby! May 2013 and beyond (BFFs Seeking BFPs)

Melanin and Athena your baby boys are too precious!

Afm, I'm just about 4 months pregnant and finally starting to get somewhat of a bump that isn't just gas haha. Not sure what I'm having yet but really feel like it's going to be a boy.

Kksy9b- update pretty please :)

Pathos- your in the home stretch! Woohoo :happydance:. In another week or so you can meet your baby at any moment :hugs:

Oh my goodness, I thought I had updated here, I'm so sorry!

Our yellow bump turned blue on January 13th! It was a Friday the 13th, with a full moon and an ice storm heading in...We didn't stand a chance lol.

I had an unexpected precipitous labor. Contractions started at 3:15 am. We left for the hospital at 4:50ish when they were 2-3 min apart, lasting a minute for an hour...So you know, when you're supposed to leave and still have plenty of time for an epidural :)

15 minutes later we were getting off the highway by the hospital when I started pushing. PUSHING! I thought my body was playing tricks on me. It was just another couple minutes and we were outside the ER entrance. DH got me out of the car and was saying we were almost there. But I couldn't move because I could feel baby's head . I said (I'm sure I screamed but in my mind I was calm through the whole thing lol) that I needed help and he bolted inside. While he was gone I was standing there pushing and hoping baby wouldn't come. The attendant came out quickly and nearly ran me up to labor and delivery.

Coming into the room there were 5 nurses or so that were running inside setting up. My polite Midwest upbringing made sure to thank the attendant who wheeled me up for getting me there in time, which I think now is kind of funny. I stood up and the nurses said to get my pants off. I stepped out of my pants and someone said bloody show and I looked down and saw a massive amount of blood on my underwear/pad.

Nurse said she was going to check me, barely glanced and said I was fully ready, 2 station. She said not to push (yea right) but the doctor walked in at that time. He sat down, I had to push and his head was out. One more and his body was delivered. I asked my husband what it was and he was crying as he said "it's a boy!"

Calvin Nathaniel was born at 5:18AM, 3 and a half minutes after walking into the L&D room. He weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and was 22" long.

Because of the quick delivery he came out very bruised and swollen but within a few days was back to normal. I was GBS positive but had no time for antibiotics. We have to closely watch him for 3 months to make sure he doesn't show signs of infection.

All in all it was fairly tramatic but I've processed most of it now. The natural delivery was amazing and not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It felt GOOD to push and I'm very thankful I didn't tear. 3 weeks out and I feel fully recovered. The labor though was probably the worst thing I've ever experienced. I would take my 16 hour labor with my oldest over the under 2 hour any day of the week (and I started both at the same dilation). I always thought a quick labor would be nice until you experience it. I was told multiple times at the hospital that if we have another baby to come at the first contraction and not wait at all since it would probably be even quicker next time.

Calvin is a sweet easy going baby. He sleeps best when big brother is running around making noise. He is nursing awesome and is putting on a lot of weight (At his 2 week check had out on nearly 2 pounds over his weight leaving the hospital). His days and nights are flipped back to normal. I let him sleep on his belly last night and it was a massive improvement. He has a lot of gas issues on his back and doesn't sleep...Last night he was doing 3 hour stretches and OMG...I feel amazing today lol

Big brother has taken right to him, though we are seeing some acting out when I have to give baby attention (IE feeding). Calvin is cluster feeding right now so the behavior on the toddler has gotten worse. But when baby isn't eating DS1 is completely fine so I feel good that it's just an adjusting phase for him and it will pass

All in all things are great and I'm just enjoying my days with my boys. We have been discussing #3 and out feelings change daily on the issue. DH says he's falling more on the being done side but then he talks about wanting a girl. My feelings change depending on how that day went. In general I try not to really worry about it. We are going to wait until Calvin weans to start having serious discussions, so sometime next year.

Sorry for the long post! I hope you all are doing well and can't wait to hear updates from you all!

Great to reread your story! I didn't realize he was born in the 13th - that was my due date! So pleased to hear he's doing well.

All is going reasonably well. Had an awful day today but a friend pointed out that baby Z is probably starting his 6 week growth spurt, hence feeding every two hours since early this morning. I'm exhausted!

Interesting that you let him sleep on his belly... Baby Z HATES lying on his back and has been sleeping on his side but cries every time he slides into his back. I'm nervous about his sleeping on his belly, though. What are your thoughts?

Quick update from me:
I did the HSG earlier today. It wasn't too painful and tubes look good. My heart-shaped uterus isn't my friend, though. I guess it just makes it harder to get pregnant, even though my first two were conceived easily. Next step...I have no idea. So, I guess good news??? Husband might have to do that good, ole semen analysis.

Thoughts or advice on what to do next?

Yep, dtd! Your tubes are open and clear so it is a perfect opportunity this month to give your Dh's swimmers a good shot at meeting your egg. Doesn't work for everyone but worth a try! Good luck :hugs:

Yes, we will for sure try this cycle! It would be a dream come true!

How's baby sleeping these days?

Not bad, but not good either. He's generally fine until after the feed at 3-4am. Then he's restless and loud (grunting, snorting) for no apparent reason. Trying to find a solution, especially since I have to go back to work next week and I need him to sleep as much as possible so I can too. I'm hoping he'll start sleeping longer at night to eliminate that second feed and therefore not get fussy. Fingers crossed he will in the next few weeks.

In another surprise, dh seems to already be open to the idea of a second. We got a call from the clinic where our last embryo is being stored to make a payment for another year of storage if we wanted to. Dh immediately said we'd pay. Previously, I thought he'd not want to. Perhaps he's more in love with Z than I thought!

Hope sleep gets easier. The sleep deprivation is so hard. I know I spent time thinking about if I can do this again, how hard it would be. But I know it's totally worth it!

And it gets better. I was just telling my 11-year-old the other day how when he would constantly cry, I would cry with him. He thought that was sooooo funny! And I was like, "Um, it's funny now but not then." I told him now he tortures me in other ways, but of course, I wouldn't trade being a mother for anything.

Hope you get some extra sleep today.

@Newbie, I had the same thing with baby grunting etc after feeding around that time. For us it was related to what I had for dinner. Once I quit eating broccoli, cauliflower and peppers (not hot ones, any pepper) it stopped. For him it was gas and that solved it. I haven't had that stuff in about a month, so I'm going to gradually add a little back and see if his little gut is ready for it. Good luck!
My DH has already mentioned vasectomy (I don't react well to birth control so our options are limited) but I'm not ready to close the door on a third. Our DS is just so perfect and easy going that it makes me think I want another, DH figures we should stop while we're ahead :D

Dropping by to see how everyone is doing!

I am excited to see what you are having this time, ALiKO!

Incredible birth story, kksy! I am a huge proponent of natural birth - preparation would likely have made it less traumatic for you! Especially since your baby came so quickly, you might consider (if you go for #3) taking some natural birth classes in case you run out of time again and honestly, keeping a bag with gloves, a clean towel, things to tie off the umbilical cord, etc. in your car in case you don't get to the hospital. My bff from work had her second in a similar fashion. She's working on #3 now, so I'll let you know how that works out for her. I am super biased (as my son is Nathaniel H.), but I <3 his name!

Momwithbabies, great news about your tubes! We tried the month after my HSG (and almost nine months following it) before we got our keeper BFP. I hope your path is much less rocky.

Newbie/ Melann - I feel you both on the sleeping issues, I think we just survived our first sleep regression (which was terrible and I even had to take a day off work to recover from the lack of sleep). He goes to sleep on his back most of the time, but now can roll over. We did end up co-sleeping, which I was super against in theory. We basically have created a safe sleep environment per all the recommendations, just between us on a king size bed, no where near pillows or blankets (or us, really) and that helped a lot. He will go to sleep on his own - like right now, he's in the middle of my full size guest bed (again without pillows or bedding), but he will wake up in time to go to bed with us, always does, like he has a sixth sense that tells him when it's our bedtime!

Hello, everyone! How are you?

Day 38 of my cycle. I'm going to call the doctor Wednesday if I don't get my period. Pregnancy tests are negative. Anyone else have a jacked up cycle after an HSG? Ugh.

In better news...it's Spring Break!!!

Oh, I feel your frustration! I can't remember the cycle after mine, but then my cycle days were all over the place anyway. Will your doctor send you for a blood test? I have my fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

Thank you! I'm going to wait it out one more day. On top of this, I have a nasty cold. I know this is selfish, but I want AF to visit me now, not when I head back to work next week.

I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. Took a First Response and it was BFN with FMU. And this cycle hasn't included a ton of BDing.

How are you all? Life for me has been crazy with a newborn and back working full time already. I'm getting into a routine but I'm exhausted. Counting the days until summer... I only get five weeks off but I'm looking forward to that.

What's new with you guys?

Hi, Newbie! Glad to hear you're doing well! Yes, that time off will be so good!!! How's the baby doing?

I've been down lately, but the anniversaries are always the hardest. I will forever connect this time of year with losing my baby, but I'm trying to hold it together since Easter is almost here. I'm going to start seeing a counselor later this month, so I can hopefully cope better.

I can't wait for summer, too! This teacher needs a break! I'm trying to move from teaching 8th grade to elementary school. After 7 years, I might need a change.

Miss this thread. I&#8217;m still TTC #3. No BFPs since my miscarriage in 2015. How&#8217;s everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"