MAY we all be blessed with baby! May 2013 and beyond (BFFs Seeking BFPs)

Merry Christmas! Blessings to you and yours!

Good luck on moving, Clande! Are you sad to leave Texas? Our Christmas weather today in the Panhandle was 45 degrees and extremely windy. A little bit of rain early this morning. It was a pretty nasty day.

Just wanted to stop in and say Happy New Year! Congratulations to all that have had or are expecting babies!

Attachments

• IMG_7321.jpg
    IMG_7321.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
Merry Christmas! Blessings to you and yours!

Good luck on moving, Clande! Are you sad to leave Texas? Our Christmas weather today in the Panhandle was 45 degrees and extremely windy. A little bit of rain early this morning. It was a pretty nasty day.

To be honest, we never really loved being in Texas. My job and the associated opportunities were amazing, but the lifestyle there just wasn't a good fit for us. We were in the suburbs and that's just not the life we want for us. Ironically Hubster and I met in a huge city, but are really enjoying this mountain life right now even with a 30 minute commute to work (which I had in the 'burbs also) - only now it's wide open road with gorgeous scenery and not congested traffic.

I'm starting to accept that I'm never going to be awesome about checking in here anymore - send me a PM if you are on Facebook and want to hook up there!

Ladies, baby z is a new years day baby! He arrived at about 6:15am. Everything going well so far. I'll update you all when I can

Newbie CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm excited to hear more!! Hope you and baby are doing great!

Congratulations newbie!!!!! I am so so excited for you! Enjoy those newborn snuggles!

Clande- I'm glad it's a better fit for you where you are now. Would love to keep up with you on FB so will send a PM

Athena- aww...Your boys are so sweet! How are things going with having 2?

Rae- how are you doing Hun?

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm sitting over her still just large and uncomfortable lol. I went into labor last Monday after DTD for about 9 hours. Contractions were a little over 2 minutes apart, intensifying and I was seeing progression (hospital said I was at a 5)...And then they just stopped. Sigh. At my appt last week my doctor said I was more like a 3.5/4 which was discouraging but I was still happy because it was progress from the last appt. Have had a couple times where they start to get going again before stopping. DTD again last night and they instantly started again but stayed about 10 min apart. Hopefully it helped progress me a little bit. I'm beginning to accept baby will probably be late like big brother so just going to enjoy the time with just the 3 of us and not worrying too much about it!

Clandestine: no problem hun we completely understand. I know after I had Hana I became pretty inactive for awhile. Wishing you the best of luck!

Newbie: congratulations! What a way to ring in the new year! Can't wait to hear more!

Kksy9b: I actually went into false labor once during my 1st pregnancy and was so disappointed because I was so ready to meet baby that when I actually felt labor coming on again about a week later I started twisting my nipples to keep the contractions going, and 5 1/2 hours later gave birth. But then again I was about 2 days overdue so baby was probably ready to come out anyways :haha:.

Aliko- haha...I'll have to keep that in mind for next time! I never had false labor with Charles....He was nice and comfy where he was and had no intention of coming out! He was 12 days late and only came after being threatened with an induction lol

Claude: Sounds like you're moving to a great place! Best wishes!!!

Newbie: Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

Momwithbabies- how are things going for you Hun?

Newbie congrats! :happydance::happydance: i m very curious about the "z"..., have you shared it before?
We will probably go for rare celtic or breton names with a some elvish tunes:dohh:

Congrats Newbie!!

AFM: DS is 4wks today, getting bigger everyday. Breastfeeding was really rough at the beginning, with me squealing in pain and just sobbing while my husband held me at baby ate... I'm so glad I've done this before to know that that's not normal... we saw a lactation consultant, and she definitely helped, but other aspects have just improved as he's gotten older. He was definitely eating without an issue and put on a pound in his first two weeks.
Things are much better now. He sleeps decently well and seems easy going, so that's all I can ask!
Hope everyone is well!

Melann- wow! 4 weeks already?! Feels like you just had him! I am glad you were able to sort out the BF'ing issues and are doing well now! How has your DD taken to him?

Momwithbabies- how are things going for you Hun?

I'm doing okay. Thank you for asking! It's been a good Christmas break, but work returns on Monday. It's always hard going back...I've enjoyed the naps I take during the day and eating whenever I want :) I'm so lazy!! Ive been wanting to do a cleanse or something, but I keep baking stuff that I eat. Oh, well!

How are you? Baby should be here soon!!! I like how your ticker said, "Launch ready," or something like that! I know you're anxious to meet your little one.

Is your little boy ready to be a big brother? I know mine didn't really understand what was going on until he saw his little sister. But they've been best friends ever since! It's amazing how your heart grows to love someone so much!!! Enjoy and cherish every moment! I hope you take care.

Kksy9b thanks, our oldest love him and he loves his big brother. I had a hard time in the beginning with balancing breastfeeding so often and giving our 2 yr old adequate attention. I have adjusted and we have actually gotten Eli almost potty trained, the only accidents he's having are #2 and sometimes I can catch him and get him on the potty before he goes.

I'd love to add you ladies on fb and keep up, I am on there quite often because I've started a photography business. https://www.facebook.com/christie.osborne2

Thanks kksy.
DD loves her baby brother. She loves to help change diapers, dress him and get him anything you can imagine :)It helps A LOT that she's still in daycare, so not only do I not feel like I'm ignoring her, but she still has most of her days to be a big girl and have her routine. He'll be starting daycare 2 wks from tomorrow (which makes me nauseous), but she's excited that he'll be at school with her. He's only going MWF and she'll still be there 5 days a week, so that may take some explaining to her (Tuesdays I don't teach and am keeping him home with me, Thursdays I just have one lab from 8-10am and I've got nursing students that are fighting each other to watch him for those couple hours on campus so that he's not in daycare all day and I can have him back as soon as my lab is over). I'm also hoping to walk over to the child development center on those three days to nurse him once rather than pumping all 3 times a day... It's right on campus, about a 10 minute walk. He's a super efficient nurser, so I should be able to walk over, feed him, say hi to DD and be back in under 45 minutes...
Makes me so sad that he has to go to daycare so young, but I just have to remind myself that DD did too and she and I have a great bond and she did just fine. Also, considering I have a "full time" job, the fact that he only has to go 3 days a week and will drop down to 2 days a week for the summer is the best scenario I can ask for. I can visit him once during the day and can take him around 8:15 and pick him up by 4, which is a much shorter day than many moms have to do...
Trying to focus on the perks... Here he is at 1 month old today!

Attachments

• Emmett one month.jpg
    Emmett one month.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 6
Awwww Melann how precious. My little guy has the same outfit!

Attachments

• IMG_6986.jpg
    IMG_6986.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 7
So cute!

Will try to update you all soon. Right now, I need to transfer ds to his crib so we can both sleep.

Hope all is well with all of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->