Maybe a stupid question but.................

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by clever_blond, Jun 2, 2011.

1. clever_blond

clever_blond Well-Known Member

I have read on loads of the birth stories about using a pad when your waters break. What i want to know is what kind of pad??

Is it a normal sanitary pad? or a maternity pad? or a special pad? I know this sounds dumb but thought would ask anyway!

2. Mother of 4

Mother of 4 Mom to 5 & pregnant

I just stuffed my pants with towels...I was pouring!

3. DaretoDream

DaretoDream Guest

Well i was told by a nurse that only 10 % of us actually break our waters naturally if a new mom. :shrug: don't know if that's real or not. BUT she told us to just use a regular sanitary pad- more to see if it really is your waters that broke... but i don't know. I actually don't know anyone who had it break on it's own. Strange don't you think?

I think it all depends on how much you leak. Have the option of all of them just in case. Small medium and large.

4. BabyBoyNYC

BabyBoyNYC Well-Known Member

i don't think it matters, panty liner or pad, its just to see if they keep getting wet. had to do this when I had a huge gush of watery discharge

5. Lois

Lois Me, OH, Evie & Joseph

Maternity pad because a lot of fluid can come out over a short space of time and you'll want something really absorbant.

Lx