• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

Charlotte's fever just spiked to over 104 for the third time today- but her feet are FREEZING cold- any ideas?

oh yes, and as a lovely bonus she just puked all over both of us. :sick: and I'm here alone- so hubby will be coming home to two naked girls! :haha:

Hmm thats odd. Everytime we've had fevers that high the kids have always just exuded heat, I'd probably question whether the thermometer is working right first. Eek at the puke though! Is her tummy upset a little from the antibiotics or from ibuprofen? Lol at hubby coming home to naked, you're supposed to be having him think you're super tired not encouraging:winkwink:

ugh, naked and smelling like sick is NOT encouraging :sick:

the thermometer works- i used a second one to double check

He's doing amazingly well :cloud9::cloud9: He's eating on his own and the jaundice has cleared up- so it;s just the "No Apnea/Brady Spells Count Down" for him and will hopefully be home with his Mama by early in the week :thumbup::happydance:
His father keeps getting mad at me for calling him pretty- but I can't help it, he IS pretty!
View attachment 355157

He's very pretty heyy :winkwink:

heyy- he's gorgeous :D glad to hear he's doing so well. i wonder what other board would be watching us? :shrug: just goes to prove how popular we are :coffee: hope you can get some sleep tonight and OH doesn't leave you with the girls like he says.

wiggler- :hugs: :flower:

harvey- :wave:

new- :telephone:

:hi: milos

What you up to today? We have glorious sunshine :happydance: not been out yet so could still be cold :cold: :shrug::dohh:

:wave: Hey Lizzie!

Heyy hun Patrick is beautiful:cloud9: He's doing so well too eating by himself and clearing jaundice, I bet he'll be home in next few days:happydance: Then you'll get snuggles!!

I think its time we got boring :rofl:

Eilidhs being so pissy this evening, she doesnt want to do anything but whinge:baby:

:hugs: if Aaron whines I whine back at him and he ends up laughing :winkwink:

Charlotte's fever just spiked to over 104 for the third time today- but her feet are FREEZING cold- any ideas?

oh yes, and as a lovely bonus she just puked all over both of us. :sick: and I'm here alone- so hubby will be coming home to two naked girls! :haha:

Is her head roasting? Maybe a cold cloth? Sorry not dealt with a temp before:dohh:

Huge :hugs: heyy your superwoman:thumbup:

Urgh, I have the lurgy really bad today, I feel really minging, must pull it together though, have some friends popping over soon, got OH doing the housework so they don't think they are walking into a bombsite :rofl:

Whats everyone doing today? I was hoping to go for a walk this morning, but the weather put a stop to that so we all snuggled up and watched some films and the kids had a little nap. :cloud9: Not sure what we are doing once my friends go, probably more snuggles and films :cloud9:

Anyways must be off, gotta make myself look somewhat human before my friends get here :D Hope everyone is having a lovely day :D x x x

What you up to today? We have glorious sunshine :happydance: not been out yet so could still be cold :cold: :shrug::dohh:

its nearing 8am and i'm hoping to finally go to bed :shrug: Milo went to bed at 8:30, so he woke up at 4:30. the only time me and OH get "time alone" is after work. so we risk no sleep :dohh:

going to be nice today. hopefully taking the kids out. maybe take Ava to the park for the first time. we'll see. how is Aaron so far today?

Milos- I hear you on the "Alone time"- our schedule isn't nearly as off kilter as yours seems to be, but I frequently will forgo sleep just to have an hour or two with my husband when he gets home in the middle of the night- although right now I think I would agree to not see him at all for a week if it meant I could get a nights sleep in! :sleep: SO TIRED today :sleep:

Another long night with the girls- As I said Charlotte spiked up- it's not the fever I'm having an issue with, I was/am questioning her feet being freezing cold during such a high fever? 104.3 (40.17) it just seems odd to me that her feet would be so cold :shrug: Her hands were flush and hot-

Harvey- here is a great informational page on how to deal with fevers, if you want to give it a look see before Aaron ever gets a fever
https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/fever

its nearing 8am and i'm hoping to finally go to bed :shrug: Milo went to bed at 8:30, so he woke up at 4:30. the only time me and OH get "time alone" is after work. so we risk no sleep :dohh:

going to be nice today. hopefully taking the kids out. maybe take Ava to the park for the first time. we'll see. how is Aaron so far today?

Have fun at the park :thumbup:

You must be knackered, hope you get 40 winks soon :winkwink:

Aaron woke at 6.15am had a bottle then play and went to sleep at 7am for 20mins, had another play and went to sleep till 10am. My boy seems to like his sleep (he fights it first tho:dohh:)

Aaron is his usual chirpy, shrieking self lol. He's cutting his two upper front teeth and keeps pulling this funny face at us and rolling his Tongue on the
front bottom two, he looks a bit like a gurna:wacko:

We've been to our local countryside for walk with Harvey and now chilling and having nibbles and a movie night later here:happydance:

Hope all the babies are better soon. :hugs:

Sam has just spent the day shreading toilet roll. :haha: xx

Another long night with the girls- As I said Charlotte spiked up- it's not the fever I'm having an issue with, I was/am questioning her feet being freezing cold during such a high fever? 104.3 (40.17) it just seems odd to me that her feet would be so cold :shrug: Her hands were flush and hot-

Harvey- here is a great informational page on how to deal with fevers, if you want to give it a look see before Aaron ever gets a fever
https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/fever

Thanks for the info heyy:thumbup:

I don't want to worry you but I googles cold feet with fever and it says the 3 common early warning symptoms of meningitis or septicaemia are:
Cold hands or feet even with a fever
Leg pains
Mottled skin

Check website patient.co.uk:thumbup:

Heyy, hun if the thermometer is working and shes already on antibiotics then you need to take her to the ER, its not normal to have a fever go on this long, she needs to be checked again:hugs: How are you taking the temp? Still rectally? If you're taking via head/armpit, you're meant to add a degree. Sorry you got not much sleep:hugs:

Harvey, if I whine back at eilidh she just whines even louder:haha: Sounds like you're having a lovely day!

24, :rofl: Eilidh likes toilet paper too, how's Sams walking going?

Milos that why I love that hubbys an engineer, generally its 9-5:thumbup: Although he will be travelling alot more now he's getting more senior so I guess that means I wont see him as much, lol I think I'd take sleep though when I'm knackered:haha: Hope you get a nap:hugs:

Wiggler have a good day with friends hun:hugs:

I think we're going to go to cactus park today, let the kids play, theres a huge dust storm today and thunderstorm tomorrow so limited time to get out:wacko:

Harvey- I have just run her through all the symptom checks for meningitis and I really don't think that's it for three reasons- one- her fever comes and goes. Two- she doesn't seem to be photo sensitive in any way and three- she can touch her chin to her chest and I can bend her knees up to her chest without discomfort. Thank you for the heads up (And mild heart attack :dohh: ) This is why I asked you ladies about the cold feet

Mummy- I take temps Axillary- I don't do bum temps with my babies :nope: - and I have been adding a degree. I have a call in to the doctor- I was supposed to wait til tonight to see if her symptoms progressed but I'm tired of her being so damn ill! Charlotte is NOT on antibiotics yet, Elle is- hence the phone call- I want him to start her, too.

What does everyone else have planned today? It's Saint Patricks day and I HAD plans- but now am home with the babas and my sickness _- I guess it's because I'm sick, Irish Car Bombs don't even sound appealing right now :sick: But since I've been sick I didn't even buy a brisket, so I think I'll make Chinese instead :haha:

Harvey- I have just run her through all the symptom checks for meningitis and I really don't think that's it for three reasons- one- her fever comes and goes. Two- she doesn't seem to be photo sensitive in any way and three- she can touch her chin to her chest and I can bend her knees up to her chest without discomfort. Thank you for the heads up (And mild heart attack :dohh: ) This is why I asked you ladies about the cold feet

What does everyone else have planned today? It's Saint Patricks day and I HAD plans- but now am home with the babas and my sickness _- I guess it's because I'm sick, Irish Car Bombs don't even sound appealing right now :sick: But since I've been sick I didn't even buy a brisket, so I think I'll make Chinese instead :haha:

Phew, just had to mention what I'd read in case:hugs:
Hopefully the doc will diagnose her quick and get the help she needs :flower:

I don't do owt for st patricks day :nope: just nibbles n a movie :cloud9: my favourite saturday night!

Hubby's giving me some money for the clothes I got the other day for
mothers day :dohh:

Ah I thought you had them both on antibiotics now, in that case yeah its probably time she got some too:hugs:

Dont do much for st patricks either, chinese sounds good!

Harvey,:haha:

Our mother's day isn't until May- but I don't hold my breath :roll: last year I had just given birth to his TWIN and I got squat- so... guessing he'll keep up the tradition this year :dohh:
I really can't complain though, all year long he brings flowers just because, or buys me something he thought I'd like for no reason. :shrug: he just expresses differently I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->