Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

I'd love a night off! :hissy:

Just put him in his cot to attempt a nap and he is very cross! xx

wiggler- hope you feel better and can get a nap in.

24- how long does he nap for during the day? and how many naps? Ava gets two naps now. one in the morning. and one in afternoon. she still wakes once a night for a bottle (but not always). she usually wakes up from her last nap anywhere from 3-5 (depending on the type of day we have).

harvey- sorry for no lie in. hope you enjoy your time with SDs :hugs:

new- hope you have fun walking to the park. cant wait to hear what Joshua was making you :winkwink:

happy mothers day to you ladies! :hugs:

He has one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon, or a long one at lunchtime, but napping seems to make no difference to how he sleeps at night anyway. :( xx

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful ladies :flower:

24- I'm so sorry he isn't sleeping, hon- have you tried a noise machine in his room? Or just a fan (blowing away from him, obviously) for white noise? Let's see, what else have we tried... Warmer or cooler in his room? The girls seem to do better with cooler air in the room, but double jammies- feed him oatmeal right before bed? Going to bed with him?
:hugs:

Speaking of not sleeping :wacko: it's 3:15AM here- and I've been up for 2 hours :wacko: The girls and I all three woke with a coughing fit at 1 and it's just been downhill from there- including a fever spiked to over 103, snot everywhere, and maybe a small argument between hubby and I :blush: I can't help the way I react to his goings on about sleep and work and blah blah blah when I have had 2 friggin hours of sleep, I'm sick as all hell and worried about the girls- :grr: I kept telling him now is not the time, but he's like a dog with a bone and will just not shut up. :dohh: So, for now, the fever is down, both girls are UP, Baby Einstein is chirping away on the TV, all 3 of us are coughing, and hubby is supposedly trying to get some sleep - although he has made no shit, no lie, FOUR bathroom trips in the last hour :wacko:

I've tried all of them heey, nothing seems to stop him waking, and as he wakes he goes from asleep to hysterical in a few seconds and is then wide awake. :wacko: He won't go in the cot awake, its just pointless as he just screams and screams, and I wont lie, I have left him to just cry and he doesn't stop, so there isn't even any point with that! xx

The problem with the bouncer is he can climb out, so he wakes up and gets out. :roll: xx

Yeah- we have the same issue with napping- although we're about 75% away from using the bouncies now, they are learning how to nap on a mat in the living room- But they WILL NOT nap in their crib :wacko:
I don't know what to tell you about the night time sleeping other than be consistent- it takes about 10 nights of the same conditions to get used to them. We very much fell into the trap of trying a million different things to make it better- but once we found the "best" solution (not a good one, but better than the rest) we just stuck to it, and things are getting batter- not thast you could tell that tonight. :lol:

I think the answer is to rock him to sleep, and then move him to the cot in terms of getting him to sleep, but I have no idea how to stop him waking up all night long?! :wacko: xx

I have a theory about the "lurkers" - o you think when we open multiple tabs (or in my case, multiple computers) and toggle back an forth, that it creates a ghost "guest" for whichever screen is not being used?

I don't think so heey, I think you get a + sign next to your name where it has current active users. xx

No the +sign is people on your friends list. I just like to think we are all super interesting and amazing people and thats why we get lots of lurkers :rofl:

I never knew that wiggler. :thumbup:

I think we should move the thread somewhere private anyway, I don't really feel that comfortable posting here now, and definately wouldn't post pictures now as its not private here. :( xx

24- I totally agree about moving- but it's up to Miss Inge- since she's our thread starter= plus we kind of need everyone else to agree- I guess we could ask for a show of hands? lol

Wiggler- same here, hon- Sorry you're so sick- drink lots of juice and water and tea :hug:

hey - Did I read my name :haha: Where do we want to move too? I agree (im not that bothered myself but if the majority are then lets go:thumbup:)
Plan for today , Shower, eat breakfast then chill til OH gets home. Hes seeing his mum and took Leo and SS to the park. Hopefully Il get more then my keyring today. Chocolates please :thumbup:

please may we move somewhere HOT :)

I was thinking to myself earlier (whilst breaking nuts off my dads back car wheel because he couldnt lol) but what about a big padded V-cushion for ickle Sam, so he is snuggled in it! Again pilloe - not safe for babies etc but george has had a pillow since birth :shrug: Or What about the baby bouncer in the cot for his day time naps, so he gets used to waking up seeing the bars and doesnt get scared of them (thinking maybe this is an issue :shrug:) then hopefully he will start to go in the cot without the bouncer?

I sometimes cuddle george to sleep but he wakes as soon as im ready to put him in the cot, but I leave him wo whinge and luckily he now settles in under 5 minutes, nearer 1-2 minutes x

Mmmmmmmmmmmm :munch: Chocolates are always good :D

There was some talk a few weeks back about having our thread changed to a parenting journal because they can make them invitation only? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->