Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

we used to do star chats, but then we realised we were just highlighting the wet nights as we werent getting dry ones, then joshua started hoding wet PJs and we had a huge stink problem. so we stripped his room out, new mattress, carpets deep cleaned, new bedding etc etc turned his room to ben 10, ditched the star charts and decided if he wets, all he has to do is bring his wet bedding down and mummy will put on the fresh ones, No fuss is made nothing, on a dry night we make a huge fuss. The hospital recommended he drink a lot more to retrain the bladder to hold more, plus double voiding on the toilet (go twice each time) to make sure he empties,. We started a tick chart to make sure he drinks enough. but mostly we just plod along. Its really common in boys, and joshua comes from a long line of bed wetters and its hereidtory so i recon in the next 2-4 years we'll see a marked improvement. No he is embarrassed because we dont make a fuss and he knows how common it is, also the doctors have been explaining to him how his body works and why his is needed extra help.

Glad it's not a problem:thumbup: if Aaron wets the bed I was going to do what you do and not make a fuss, just change the bedding but maybe have a little chat that it's not a bad thing and he will get better in time

right definitely bed time!!! lolol

mummy you'd be lost without DH! lol no :sex: for you without him :haha:

harvey I have definitely found not making a fuss is better, but we stopped even talking about it, unless its at a separate time. Like tonight he has gone to my sisters, we were playing on the beach and i said 'oh we need to get you some PJs' and I said do you want pullups? and he said 'erm no mam its ok, i'll trust myself not to pee, anyways Auntie Gill will let me stay up quite late so i will get an extra pee in before bed'

I tell you one thing they dont recommend and thats 'lifting' the child when you go to bed! This teaches the bladder that it can empty through the night and it learns to only hold that amount of pee in it!!! Because the lO isnt actually awake and fully alert what s/he is doing!

Right bed for me.. ffs how many times I said that lol

night hunnies xxxxx

do you guys have goodnites there? they really made a difference with my son because he did,t have to wake to a wet bed- plus, they are thin and can't be seen under jammies and don't rustle like a diaper, making sleepovers a possibility
https://www.amazon.com/Goodnites-Un...Q1WG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332029550&sr=8-1

Night new!

Only skim read back, so.... Wiggler good luck with tic, fab your pelvis is better now and nO pain for pregnancy. Mummy, six?! Your amazing! Forgotten the rest now!

Sam will not go to sleep, gah! xx

New :rofl: true! Now got to bed:winkwink:xxx

Harvey lol I bed he could put his hand to it, I'm imagining hypnotoad now, anyone seen that?

24 I'm sorry his sleep is so bad:hugs: Eilidhs been awful too the last couple months, hopefully it wont last much longer! Yeah 6 seems a good number:thumbup: As long as we can still provide well then nothing would really change, although we'd need a bigger car:haha:

harvey I have definitely found not making a fuss is better, but we stopped even talking about it, unless its at a separate time. Like tonight he has gone to my sisters, we were playing on the beach and i said 'oh we need to get you some PJs' and I said do you want pullups? and he said 'erm no mam its ok, i'll trust myself not to pee, anyways Auntie Gill will let me stay up quite late so i will get an extra pee in before bed'

I tell you one thing they dont recommend and thats 'lifting' the child when you go to bed! This teaches the bladder that it can empty through the night and it learns to only hold that amount of pee in it!!! Because the lO isnt actually awake and fully alert what s/he is doing!

Right bed for me.. ffs how many times I said that lol

night hunnies xxxxx

:cloud9: your boy sounds so lovely:winkwink:

I'm only going to have a chat on the first time it happens so he doesn't worry about it:thumbup:

do you guys have goodnites there? they really made a difference with my son because he did,t have to wake to a wet bed- plus, they are thin and can't be seen under jammies and don't rustle like a diaper, making sleepovers a possibility
https://www.amazon.com/Goodnites-Un...Q1WG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332029550&sr=8-1

I believe we have something similar:thumbup:

He just wakes every 45 minutes and gets up anytime after 4 :help:

24 I'm sorry his sleep is so bad:hugs: Eilidhs been awful too the last couple months, hopefully it wont last much longer! Yeah 6 seems a good number:thumbup: As long as we can still provide well then nothing would really change, although we'd need a bigger car:haha:

Car! You need a bus like Kate plus 8 :haha:

He just wakes every 45 minutes and gets up anytime after 4 :help:

:hugs: Welcome to the early morning club, the dark bags under your eyes are the complimentary gift.

Seriously I hope he gets past this, trust me I know how bad it is to have a very early riser, and now with him crying in his sleep, I get almost none myself. Fingers crossed you get a good sleep soon, if not is there no chance that hubby can takke over for one night? or a relative? poor sleepers are hard work :hugs:

Charlotte's fever is back up to 103 on ibuprofen-
Elle is moaning inconsolably
My throat is now so swollen I can not swallow, and my ears are on fire.
Bethy is out for the night.
Hubby won't be home for another 5 1/2 hours.
CHEERS! :nope:
Night all- I'm going to snuggle my little bumkins into bed and hope and pray we can all get some sleep

Harvey:hugs: I hope hubby comes round for you:hugs:

Google hypnotoad :argh:

24, sounds like the pattern Eilidhs in too. The others are up from 5 30am onwards but thats fine, all I can say is that it does pass:hugs: Till then, try all the things like filling them up, bed earlier, bed later, keeping them up more during the day, getting them to sleep more during day, anything really to see if it makes a difference! If it doesnt then just know that it wont last forever:hugs: Have you asked the doc? Its knackering but there's not much you can do unfortunately other than just suck it up and keep going (I like coffee too:winkwink:)

Heyy did you get ahold of the doc again for them? Sounds like you need the antibiotics too now hun:hugs: Hope you all get some sleep:hugs:

Oh and we already have a 7 seater van :rofl: I guess next step is a bus:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->