Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

Brandi, sounds like you got a good one, trained to use the litter box and good with kids:thumbup: Hope his neutering goes with no problems. Is Mike ok with him now?

Milos, thanks hun:hugs:

Off to go peek at Eilidh:cloud9:

Awwwwwww thankyou so much Brandi:hugs: Loving Anberlins excitement hun, was that part of the sketti experiment?

ta...ta...ta... :)
If you haven't seen this- please watch it- it's the only thing that popped into my mind with the tata ta! lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb5kix14B18

:rofl: :rofl:

7:50pm- girls down FX need to clean the livingroom- looks like a 6 day war has been raged in there- and I cleaned it up at noon! :dohh:
Don't know what's for dinner- haven't started anything... maybe the casserole since it's so "late" already- I needs my beauty sleep! :haha:

Yup, it was.

Mike's not 100% okay, but he's warming up. He doesn't like that the cat tries to climb onto his desk and get attention, but he likes that he's friendly, gentle with the kids, litter trained, quiet.

He was reserved with Anberlin too, for a few weeks, because he wasn't sure how he was going to feel about her. I think now it would break him if he were to lose her. He loves her. I think it might just be that Rypien reminds him of Zao too, and it's just bringing things back. Or he might be a bit disappointed because he wanted a kitten, not a one year old stray. Who knows...Mike doesn't really open up about his feelings. He's warming up though.

Dont think I could contribute anything to a food orientated webpage :rofl:

How embarrassing, I need to go see the out of hours doctors for a sore finger tip :rofl: I got an infection in it :sick: its ooouzing green gunk and stings like a b*tch lol They gave me an appt for 2.20pm (in 30 minutes) but I not long got George down to sleep in his cot arghhhh typical!!! lol

Hows Anja today mummy? Hope she was ok, bless poor teddy and Eilidh getting caught in the firing line! Hows Ruaridhs cough? Hope he is feeling better too!!

Hows is everyone today?

Goodness- everyone has been quiet today - well, YOUR today... mine is just starting at 6 AM- the girls slept til after 5 for the second day in a row! :happydance: Yesterday was 5:25 and this morning was 5:01 - I'll take it!

Don't know if you guys remember this, but one of my really good friends moved here from Colorado the same week the girls were born- Due to me being so house confined and him not having a car and living in the next town up, we hardly get to see each other- maybe 1/2 dozen times in 10 months? Anyway= he just messaged me on FB that he moved to my town :happydance: and that he lives ON MY STREET :wohoo: and since he's never been over to my place, he doesn't know where we live so we are trying to figure out how close on my street- but the entire street is maybe a mile? So, I get someone CLOSE!!! \\:D/

Unfortunately, on the flip side of that- and old "friend" called the other day- she has not been supportive, been there, made an effort, etc and is just a general whiny pain who is way to wrapped up in herself. Basically, Erik and I have distanced ourselves from her- only seeing her in passing at mutual friend's gatherings and such. Well, she called to tell me she is most likely moving in HERE, in another condo just a few doors down :/ Not too sure how to handle the situation, but I figure it will all work itself out when she asks me to babysit her kid- Payton is 4, a brat, undisciplined, and NOT VACCINATED for ANYTHING. Her mom doesn't believe in shots/inoculations. :shock: And she goes to a public pre-school. Ummmmm, keep your disease ridden brat away from my babies? I'm sure this will all be very pleasant :nope:

Goodness- everyone has been quiet today - well, YOUR today... mine is just starting at 6 AM- the girls slept til after 5 for the second day in a row! :happydance: Yesterday was 5:25 and this morning was 5:01 - I'll take it!

Don't know if you guys remember this, but one of my really good friends moved here from Colorado the same week the girls were born- Due to me being so house confined and him not having a car and living in the next town up, we hardly get to see each other- maybe 1/2 dozen times in 10 months? Anyway= he just messaged me on FB that he moved to my town :happydance: and that he lives ON MY STREET :wohoo: and since he's never been over to my place, he doesn't know where we live so we are trying to figure out how close on my street- but the entire street is maybe a mile? So, I get someone CLOSE!!! \\:D/

Unfortunately, on the flip side of that- and old "friend" called the other day- she has not been supportive, been there, made an effort, etc and is just a general whiny pain who is way to wrapped up in herself. Basically, Erik and I have distanced ourselves from her- only seeing her in passing at mutual friend's gatherings and such. Well, she called to tell me she is most likely moving in HERE, in another condo just a few doors down :/ Not too sure how to handle the situation, but I figure it will all work itself out when she asks me to babysit her kid- Payton is 4, a brat, undisciplined, and NOT VACCINATED for ANYTHING. Her mom doesn't believe in shots/inoculations. :shock: And she goes to a public pre-school. Ummmmm, keep your disease ridden brat away from my babies? I'm sure this will all be very pleasant :nope:

Glad you have someone who lives close to you now.

I take offense to your "disease-ridden brat" comment though. Isaiah and Anberlin are not and will not be vaccinated because of Zoe's condition. They're very healthy kids. Anberlin's had only one cold, and the worst Isaiah has ever had was chicken pox or croup. Anberlin and Isaiah are also very well-behaved kids. Not every un-vaxxed kid is a "disease ridden brat".

New - You could contribute SOMETHING! Maybe even something that Joshua and George enjoy eating, or your favourite meal!

Okay you guys. I've created a new website for us. It's called Mayhem In The Kitchen. We can submit recipes that we can use rather than asking each other to repeat the ingredients and directions. It's still very much under construction, but I'd love for all of us to be involved in it, so if you want to participate, send me a PM, or send me a message through the Contact Us page.

You can take a look at it and tell me what you think.

www.mayheminthekitchen.weebly.com

I've added my chicken curry! Anyone trying to make it can add mushrooms or peppers but this is the basic recipe:thumbup:

Dont think I could contribute anything to a food orientated webpage :rofl:

How embarrassing, I need to go see the out of hours doctors for a sore finger tip :rofl: I got an infection in it :sick: its ooouzing green gunk and stings like a b*tch lol They gave me an appt for 2.20pm (in 30 minutes) but I not long got George down to sleep in his cot arghhhh typical!!! lol

Hows Anja today mummy? Hope she was ok, bless poor teddy and Eilidh getting caught in the firing line! Hows Ruaridhs cough? Hope he is feeling better too!!

Hows is everyone today?

:hugs: for the finger, where have you been putting it :shrug::blush:

We are great, having a lazy day. Been making chicken curry for the shop:wacko:

I've sold my Moses basket and bottle warmer:thumbup: and she maybe interested in his clothes etc:happydance:

Okay you guys. I've created a new website for us. It's called Mayhem In The Kitchen. We can submit recipes that we can use rather than asking each other to repeat the ingredients and directions. It's still very much under construction, but I'd love for all of us to be involved in it, so if you want to participate, send me a PM, or send me a message through the Contact Us page.

You can take a look at it and tell me what you think.

www.mayheminthekitchen.weebly.com

I've added my chicken curry! Anyone trying to make it can add mushrooms or peppers but this is the basic recipe:thumbup:

Forgive my baby brain, I'm confused with this

1x packet of curry paste 1/4 tub (pour on boiling water until thicker than required). If using powder, add a few tablespoons or as directed on the container)

Does it mean one packet of curry paste, and 1/4 tub (I think cup here?) of boiling water?

I take offense to your "disease-ridden brat" comment though. Isaiah and Anberlin are not and will not be vaccinated because of Zoe's condition. They're very healthy kids. Anberlin's had only one cold, and the worst Isaiah has ever had was chicken pox or croup. Anberlin and Isaiah are also very well-behaved kids. Not every un-vaxxed kid is a "disease ridden brat".

Firstly, my apologies!

The "brat" part is about the incredible lack of discipline with this child- she is VERY hyperactive and allowed to eat whatever crap she wants and spins out of control on sugar and fast food and is never told no- even when she hits, screams pinches and screams at other children or even adults.

If the decision you have made is to no vaccinate your kids, of course it is your prerogative. It is my prerogative to not have my babies around un-vaccinated kids, especially ones in the public school system, until they (my girls) get all of THEIR vaccinations, for their health! They were, after all, preemies- whether they behave like it or not- and we can not see what is going on inside them. They may or may not have immature immune systems. We have even had all the siblings, aunts, uncles and grandparents that they are around frequently vaccinated for pertussis, pneumonia and the flu.

Due to my feelings about this particular child, I was a bit harsh with my phrasing, and I apologize .
We (Erik and I) made the decision to not have the girls around her before we even knew about the vaccination issue.

Completely understandable. Thank you for the clarification. I should have known better than to assume the brat statement was relating to a lack of discipline rather than unvaccinating.

I'm not against vaccinations, but, I'm not sure if you know, Zoe was born completely normal and healthy and there was no sign of any neurometabolic condition at 5 weeks old when she had a CT Scan, but her head stopped growing the same week she had her first vaccinations, and until we know what her condition is, we can't rule out that the vaccines were the trigger and that the other two kids don't have it either. Her geneticist recommends not vaccinating until we know for sure.

Anyway, I'm glad that people vaccinate their kids when I can't. I helps to keep my kids healthy and safe too. I'm NOT one of those "Vaccines will give my kid Autism" parents.

Oh, harvey and heyy, can you clarify which category your recipes go under?

I'm looking at both going as Mains, but if they belong elsewhere, like Babies or Chili Days (This includes soups and stews), I'm going to put them there

How come Zoe needed a CT scan at 5 weeks hun?

Each to their own with vaccinations, but I do worry about the parents that chose to do it for the wrong reasons, its not like the kids get a choice so the decision made should be for the best for that child not the best for the parent :shrug:

Hmmmmm I will have to think of a recipe to include, Im a bit like Heyy and wing it in the kitchen :rofl:

Forgive my baby brain, I'm confused with this
1x packet of curry paste 1/4 tub (pour on boiling water until thicker than required). If using powder, add a few tablespoons or as directed on the container)
Does it mean one packet of curry paste, and 1/4 tub (I think cup here?) of boiling water?
:dohh: sorry. Here you can buy in plastic tubs or packets
Can you alter it to say:
Paste/powder, add as directed on the container
Those ingredients serves 4 people

the mac & cheese we do as a main dish with veg and salad, but I suppose it could be a side, too :shrug: It's pretty heavy though

I completely understand why you have chosen to not vaccinate- It's scary to not know what caused the microcyphally (Sp?)
This girl IS one of the vaccines cause autism, and that vaccines are a conspiracy by the government to keep tabs on us. But then she also feels that if she lets her child play barefoot outside that they will get worms :wacko: and that little ones that still have their baby teeth don't need to brush because it causes, get this, DEPENDANCY issues :shrug:
Not how I would choose to raise my child, but whatever- I still don't want my girls around a kid that hits and steals toys!

*clarification she is the type that THINKS vaccines cause autism

Oh, harvey and heyy, can you clarify which category your recipes go under?

I'm looking at both going as Mains, but if they belong elsewhere, like Babies or Chili Days (This includes soups and stews), I'm going to put them there

Mines MAIN:thumbup:

How come Zoe needed a CT scan at 5 weeks hun?

Each to their own with vaccinations, but I do worry about the parents that chose to do it for the wrong reasons, its not like the kids get a choice so the decision made should be for the best for that child not the best for the parent :shrug:

Hmmmmm I will have to think of a recipe to include, Im a bit like Heyy and wing it in the kitchen :rofl:

Do you vaccinate the kids new? Aarons has all his usual ones offered but the MMR worries me after all the scandal of kids being affected once administered :shrug:

LOL- Yeah- Not sure how to convert some of these so people will understand- let me know if anything needs clarification- and I'll start paying more attention to measurements when I cook :dohh: I have NO CLUE, I just eyeball it!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->