Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

Harvey- here you can request that they separate those out- My girls have had Mumps Measles and Rubella vaccines, but not the combo shot for MMR, which they think is the issue- ask your HV!

Yes I worded that wrong, I meant I worry for the parents that choses not to vaccinate for the wrong reasons! My boys are fully vaccinated, Joshua has a tetnus allergy, but his vaccines are still up to date but he has to have his tetnus jab in hospital under 24hr supervision - way safer to have it than not in my book!

The MMR scandal was HUGE the year Joshua had to have his triple injection, prior to that it had always been a double or 3 singles. (you can still have it as 3 singles if you prefer). I remember going for the jab and the HV asked me if I was happy for him to have it, or did I have any concerns I wanted to discuss. I asked why, and she said you know, all the scare monging in the news, so I replied have I something to worry about, she said no, so i said then I didnt listen to the news and I want whats best for me son! I think she must have had an horrendous time getting parents to understand the jab was safer than life without it! She seemed relieved that I was dismissive of the news lol george will be having his MMR, and I will sleep safe knowing I did all I could to protect my kids for disease and infection that can cause so much sickness xxx

I have refused a couple of the vaccines that I think are unnecessary- like the chicken pox vaccine. First off, it is a relatively harmless childhood illness (When contracted IN childhood) and second, it is such a new vaccine that they have no studies on the long term effects... Pass. Maybe when my grandkids need it!

We dont have a chicken pox vaccine :shrug: and our kids dont get the MMR until 18months :shrug: The kids here are vaccinated against Meningitis, tetnus, polio and ermmmmm something else I forget lol

They generally do our MMR at 12 months- but started the girls at 6 months because it has to be spread out- We also spread out the dTaP
I think this list may be out of date... but close to everything they stick them with :cry:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/child/0-6yrs-schedule-pr.pdf

Oh yes that dTap looks familiar I think they had a shot or 2 of that lol

I was offered a swine flu jab when pregnant but I declined it, it was far too new for me to be taking chances on my unborn munchkin!

Im supposed to have the flu jab too because of my line of work but decline that lol I dont fancy the mega fku you get after your first dose lol

I heard they are now discouraging parents to have chicken pox parties :rofl: When Joshua had pox it was a case of ok how many kids can you pass it on too... :haha: now seems they prefer to prevent it lol

How come Zoe needed a CT scan at 5 weeks hun?

It was 2am, and I was running on a half hour of sleep all day. I was giving her a bottle and took it from her to burp her. Well, she didn't exactly like that and flung herself backwards off the bed and bumped her head on the floor.

Heyy...I've just put it as a WING IT recipe :thumbup:

Oh sorry hun :hugs: kids are sent to try us huh!!! Could this not have be the cause of her brain development?

HEYY!!! I need a clarification!!

The recipe says to combine all ingredients in a bowl except 2/3 cheese, but goes on to say to top with 1/3 cheese. Which one is correct?

There was no evidence of any concussions or damage to the brain from the fall, and her head had continued to grow until the week of her first vaccine. It IS possible, just like the vaccine theory. We can't rule either out until we know WHAT it is, but being neurometabolic, the geneticist says there was likely a "chemical" trigger. It could have been something in that particular can of formula she drank...we likely will never know, but vaccines is a possibility.

Morning!

Brandi, thanks again for Eilidhs pic:hugs:

heyy, that kid sounds like the kid of one of my neighbours atm, needless to say, yay for moving :rofl:

I vaccinate, also have a son with autism. Personally I think the increase in autism cases are down to more being known about the condition. I would never judge another mum for not vaccinating but would be keeping my children away as much as possible until they are around 2, due to them being preemies:flower:

Heyy, you're going to need lots of support when the woman moves next to you, here for you hun whenever you need to rant:hugs: Yay for the cool guy moving to your street:happydance:

New, sorry about your finger:hugs: Anja and Ruaridh are better, hubbys suffering. Its been narrowed down to foosty strawberries :sick:

I'll give some recipes later, need to write them down:thumbup:

Lol talking of swine flu, I managed to get that about 2/3 weeks after Anja was born, it was everywhere in san diego, Freja and I both ended up with pneumonia:nope:

Omg Brandi, I saw that and first thought wth why would we cook a baby :dohh::rofl:

lol, no, no cooking babies. It's for teething cookies, that are eggless and wheatless. It's going to be the Featured Recipe starting February 1. And you're welcome. Thank you for letting me use Eilidh as a model.

If anyone else wouldn't mind modelling their baby, that'd be awesome too!

:rofl: I obviously dont think like the rest of you:dohh:

New hun I'm going to send you a box of fruit loops:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"