Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

:rofl: so glad we're not having Elle as an appetiser! She sure looks good enough to eat though heyy:cloud9:

Hmm, I have absolutely no idea what we are going to do about christening:dohh: Hubby is jewish, I'm CofE, Freja is christened but the others are not and there's talk of barmitzvas and its all in the air:blush: Whatever is done will be done for the faith though:thumbup:

Have fun at work Brandi!

New I had visions of George doing an incredible hulk and just lifting the laptop and launching it across the room :rofl:

:rofl: hun, no lol.. the laptop is on a stool he does occassionally go to lift it and it flips backwards off, this time he just swiped it lol he has also kicked it :rofl: :dohh: OH will be mad with me lol

Elle is soooo cute!! I was looking for her cookie for a second there lol

hiya, wierd day today. Cannot stop coughing still, have a bad tummy and am starving! Iv eaten and still want more, but mostly wanting sweets :dohh: OH is at work now and Leo is sleeping. I washed his nappies earlier and panicked because one was all mashed up turns out id turned it inside out :haha:
Defo OV between 18-20 of this month and period is due in the first week of febuary. Really want to POAS now. Iv already done 2, one was def negative but the second had a shadow that looked light a really really faint line :wacko: Im thinking it was just a shadow as it was 8 days after OV at the most. Il get more tomorow and will wait a few days. Really want to get that :bfp::blush:

We are probably going to have to have Sam christened as we will be sending him to a CofE school. :thumbup: xx

Thats one of our reasons, plus he'll get a lot more choice of schools round here:winkwink:

:rofl: mummy, it was more of a push and shove than a throw, but same result, laptoo crash landed on the floor right across the room lol :dohh:

harvey Im sure the priest wouldnt object to the baptism he just wants to make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. A Christening is not about a cute frock and party, nor is it about getting into a good school, its a faith and one which he will want to be sure Aaron will be brought up to follow thats all :hugs: George has been Christened and Im an unmarried single parent!!

Aaron will be brought up as catholic but at the end of the day it's his choice when he's older whether he continues. Hubby would Love Aaron in the cute frock :rofl::nope:

A CofE school isnt a Catholic school hun, thats a Christian school.

If your priest suspects you are only doing it to get Aaron into a specific school i totally understand and support his reservations, sorry!

A CofE school isnt a Catholic school hun, thats a Christian school.

If your priest suspects you are only doing it to get Aaron into a specific school i totally understand and support his reservations, sorry!

:wacko: this is all confusing :dohh: I told the first priest I'd like Aaron baptised to be raised as a catholic. I never mentioned which schools i wanted him to go, so he shouldn't have any reservations, except we as parents don't attend church, but hubby will occasionally take Aaron every other week maybe as he enjoyed going with his daughters when they were young.

I rang the other church before christmas who told me no one gets baptised catholic or prodistan it's how you'd like to be brought up, but if we wanted Aaron to go to certain schools I.e. The local catholic one he'd have to be baptised down the road in the one I first rang:wacko:

Its sad that parents have to go down the baptism route or be excluded from the good schools too :(

Packing isnt happening too much here:dohh:

I know we've talked abit about this already :blush: But can we talk more about upcoming birthday parties again?! Ideas for menus, toys, older kids, entertainment, decorations?!:kiss:

I'm sorry, I find it ridiculous that you have to be baptized to get in to certain schools. It's no wonder people baptize for reasons other than religions ones! Our local Catholic school prefers you are baptized catholic, but if not you can still attend with 3 letters of recommendation.

Mummy- we are having an old fashioned party- hand churned ice cream, penny toss, egg races and a puppet show :thumbup: Will also be playing a game for the adults of name the child star- will put things like Jerry Mathers (Leave it to beaver) on a slip of paper that is then pinned to their back- they have to ask questions of other party goers to guess their star

for us, Leos gonna just have a small family day for his birthday. He doesnt need more toys so wer stuck on what to get him. I might get him some music things

Im thinking about ringing the venue I had George's Christening celebration at to host his 1st birthday! I'd like them to put a bbq on for us, but not sure if they will, or just some finger food. Just so a few of my friends can all come together and celebrate with us and there is a park for the older kids etc I'll keep decorations minimal probably, I want a nice cake though lol I doubt he'll get much by the way of presents though, he really does not need anything and i really can not fit anything in :rofl: We'll see, i'll be watching for ideas as you ladies are usually full of great ones lol

Its sad that parents have to go down the baptism route or be excluded from the good schools too :(
Packing isnt happening too much here:dohh:
I know we've talked abit about this already :blush: But can we talk more about upcoming birthday parties again?! Ideas for menus, toys, older kids, entertainment, decorations?!:kiss:

I've got Aaron a bounce n spin zebra (pick up a few small gifts by then) me mam has got him a 3 in 1 zebra scooter. I'm doing a buffet with a bananas in pyjamas cake, a few helium balloons/ banners. Close family/friends invited for tea on his birthday. I'll do some party bags for a few kids who will be coming, and the buffet will be an old fashioned buffet the kids will enjoy:thumbup:

Get hubby packing woman :winkwink::shrug:

Ooh good ideas:happydance:

Harvey, he likes zebras then?! Love the bananas in pyjamas cake idea, are you buying it or having it made?

Love the name the child star idea too, its so hard to think of ways to entertain the adults! Will you do the puppet show yourself hun or hire people?

new I'm thinking BBQ as well:thumbup: Lol yes your house is a bit full, has the ironing pile made a comeback yet?:winkwink:

I'm thinking get a cake made, need to decide on theme though lol. We're going to do a kindof first birthday/housewarming lol as we're cheap :rofl::winkwink:

Im tempted to pinch wigglers cake ideas and try to make my own :shrug: they were only simple squares tierred I should be able to do that lol

house warming/ bday party sounds ideal... dont forget the invites :winkwink:

Im thinking the adults will just chatter over a drink, it worked well for the Christening lol

I was thinking to get a toy George can stand up against and play at, maybe the leapfrog table or something? Not sure :shrug: He has a Curious George dance floor pinao thing, some duplo, he really doesnt need much at all!

Eek a drink, as in an alcoholic one? Adults are way harder to figure out than the kiddies lol!!

Invites en route:plane:

Good idea for the standing up against toy, I saw something once on ebay that was like a sand up sand/water toy, cant remember the name sorry and so this probably isnt much use:dohh:

We were thinking a lighter walker for Eilidh, she has a wooded old fashioned one with crocodiles that snap as she walk but its way too heavy for her.

Ooh good ideas:happydance:

Harvey, he likes zebras then?! Love the bananas in pyjamas cake idea, are you buying it or having it made?

Love the name the child star idea too, its so hard to think of ways to entertain the adults! Will you do the puppet show yourself hun or hire people?

new I'm thinking BBQ as well:thumbup: Lol yes your house is a bit full, has the ironing pile made a comeback yet?:winkwink:

I'm thinking get a cake made, need to decide on theme though lol. We're going to do a kindof first birthday/housewarming lol as we're cheap :rofl::winkwink:

My SD knows someone who makes novelty cakes so SD is gona get it for us:thumbup: bananas in pyjamas is his favourite kids programme, he gets excited when they comes on, his whole body goes into tigger mode:cloud9: he also loves fireman Sam, and chloe's closet:blush:

for some reason they have a zebra's heads on :shrug:

:rofl: nooo!!!! lolol I meant drink as in a cup of tea or coffee, pop for the hard core adults lol

A new walker sounds like a great idea and she'll be getting so much use out of it too soon!

Ive seen a toy that has a plastic mat on the bottom with feet on it and then a toy thing they stand against, Im not sure, by May it might be a bit late for that, haha maybe! lol

Sam is having a smart trike, mini trampoline and wooden cube activity cube for his birthday. :D

Sam loves mickey mouse clubhouse so going to do his party theme as that. :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"