Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

Just had to send OH for ice lollies, I can no longer keep anything down, not even a sip of water and I am so dehydrated. Even if I have to spit out the juice from the lollies then at least my mouth won't feel like I just licked a sandpit.

I am so glad the kids didn't get it this bad. Dylan was sick again this evening, only once but I really thought he was getting over it, he was so much better today. Bethany hasn't been sick in a while and is fast asleep and OH has been OK since about lunchtime.

Bfing mam's HELP ME! please.....

Ive had pain feeding George for about 2-3 weeks, after the first 4 or 5 days I went to my doctor about it as i thought it was thrush in the duct/nipple - pain is like knives whilst latching and feeding, but also really sensitive to the touch between feeds thats more of an owwie pain! Anyways Dr agreed it sounded like thrush and treated with a 14 day course of fluconazole, and dactakort for the nipple/George's mouth to stop spreading. This has got no better and after 12 days on the meds I went back and was diagnosed as mastitis and put on antibiotics. I do feel rough (but the kids had the stomach bug so put it down to that!) Anyways, tonight I have noticed a pea sized lump on the areola it is hard and excruciatingly painful to touch directly, and on closer looking I can see this is what looks to be causing the pain while feeding because his lip rubs against it each suckle! Ive had an occassional blocked duct and imo its not the same, though Im a first time BFer as you know so I will stand corrected. Should I get this seen to separately or will the antibiotics help? I will massage it towards the nipple incase its milk, but the lump is literally at the base of the nipple. i dont know what to do and now I know whats causing my pain I want to help myself as much as I can xxx

I'd say it sounds like a blocked duct, What happens if you massae? but with the mastitis it could be a big area of infection?! Can you speak to LaLeche on the phone? xx

First off, that is a terrible proposal! I would leave his ass after that! :cry: I am soooo afraid of heights it's hard for me to go out on my own balcony :nope:

Yes, I said he needed to poop :haha: Seriously, that man spends half his damn day in the bathroom- 3-5x a day and 15-20 minutes each trip. And there is NOTHING wrong with him, other than he is so overboard OCD. He also gets up to pee 3-4x before going to sleep. Some nights he's in bed for less than 5 minutes before he's up again :nope: That and all the other ways his OCD manifests itself drive me insane :wacko: And he showers at least 2x a day- Hell, I'm ecstatic if I get 2 full showers in a WEEK! and without a baby? Maybe 2x a MONTH! :wacko:

So far so good with my grandma- FX

Who is laLeche hun? I will google that and see... when I massage it does nothing (except really hurt!), normally if I have a block it kinda moves if that makes any sense, it does in my head. This is like a hard lump is glued there :shrug: and the top of the lump has a tiny slit in it and exposing raw skin, so i assume this is what they call a cracked nipple? I never had that before should I get lanitosh for that? \i thought about a nipple shield but I think it'd rub against there all the same and hurt :shrug: I gone 9 months pain free - Im all a flap and dont know what Im supposed to do to help myself now :cry:

It is my understanding that a clogged duct can cause the mastitis- is the area above/around it red, swollen or hot to the touch? Does a warm compress relieve the pain?

Encourage the baby to nurse frequently (at least every two hours) and vary the nursing positions so pressure will be put on different ducts. One very strange, but effective nursing position is €œhands and knees€. Try putting the baby down on the bed or on a blanket on the floor and lean over him on all fours. Let your breast hang straight down, falling freely from your ribcage. Try not to let anyone see you doing this because they will probably fall over laughing. If you don’t want to use this method, or you’re out in public, you can lean over the baby so that your breast is facing down. This helps drain the milk ducts more efficiently than other positions

New, I pm'd you saying absess, I had one before and you really need go to a doctor NOW it needs to be drained!!

yes I just read that hun :hugs: but this lady talks more than me :wacko: she still reading leaflets to me bless her xxx

Heyy, chicken with philadelphia cheese inside and wrapped in bacon is really good:flower: Sorry to hear about your gran hun, hope it goes ok:hugs: Fingers crossed things go smoothly with cyberhigh!:hugs:

Brandi, what a nightmare with the credit card, I'd be sooooo pissed! :growlmad::hugs: Hope you get a better nights sleep.

Wiggler:hugs: Sorry you've got the lurgy so bad :( I like the idea of ice lolly meds:haha:

Harvey, have you got peace and quiet now lol?!

Milo's shes beautiful:cloud9: we do the babylegs with cloth diapers here too:thumbup:

Got a man here fixing the carpet then a man coming for the cable:haha: Carpet man is creepy:haha:

Surgeon went well, 2 of my bloods came back abnormal for infection but he thinks the pain is from oesophageal spasm and should pass, seeing him in a week, no rush surgery:happydance: Eilidhs breath stinks :sick: I brush her breathers at least 2x a day!

Need to catch up more...

Who is laLeche hun? I will google that and see... when I massage it does nothing (except really hurt!), normally if I have a block it kinda moves if that makes any sense, it does in my head. This is like a hard lump is glued there :shrug: and the top of the lump has a tiny slit in it and exposing raw skin, so i assume this is what they call a cracked nipple? I never had that before should I get lanitosh for that? \i thought about a nipple shield but I think it'd rub against there all the same and hurt :shrug: I gone 9 months pain free - Im all a flap and dont know what Im supposed to do to help myself now :cry:

If it's got a tiny slit, could George's tootypegs have caught you? Can't advise on breastfeeding Hun :hugs: can't you go to a walk in clinic tomorrow?

A lady in the twin section had an access and it was nasty - Please speak to nhs direct tonight x

Hang up and get to the doc hun, if you leave it you're probaly looking at surgery but if you're quick they could drain it there and then:thumbup: It wont go away on its own, I was a muppet when I had mine and left it:dohh:

Heyy, chicken with philadelphia cheese inside and wrapped in bacon is really good:flower:

Harvey, have you got peace and quiet now lol?!

Got a man here fixing the carpet then a man coming for the cable:haha: Carpet man is creepy:haha:

Surgeon went well, 2 of my bloods came back abnormal for infection but he thinks the pain is from oesophageal spasm and should pass, seeing him in a week, no rush surgery:happydance: Eilidhs breath stinks :sick: I brush her breathers at least 2x a day!

Need to catch up more...

Mummy stop copying my recipe ideas:growlmad: your getting like new:winkwink::haha:

Creepy tradesmen, urgh!

Glad your happy with your results Hun is he treating you for infection then?:hugs:

Do you feed eilidh cheese? Maybe cause:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->