Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

I thought it was just juice that was big no no? And I can kinda understand cows milk too :shrug:

Glad Sam is sleeping better hun thats awesome xxxx

I'm teeth crazy though, and clean mine like a loon too! :haha: xx

My pelvis is miles better since I have been doing the nursery runs, my pelvis hasn't felt this good since before having Dylan, its still delicate, but for the first time since having Dylan I actually feel properly mobile. I found one of the huge triggers that made it worse if pushing the stroller or a trolley, so I don't do that anymore. Hoovering sets it off too, so I do a very quick runaround with it once a day then OH does a proper hoover once or twice a week.

WTG Sam!!!!

Bethany has a big drink before bed then liked to suck the bottle for comfort when we lay her down, if that bottle isn't there then she will scream and scream. The dummy doesn't help either. There is normally only and oz or two in the bottle so I am thinking of slowly diluting it more and more until its just water. :shrug:

but but but babies have milk all night :shrug: lol dont get it! lol I clean George's peggies, but once he is ready for bed they dont get done again sometimes he can have abother 2-6 feeds :shrug: i feel really bad now, is this bad? Now way would I get u to clean his teeth at like midnight lol

:hi: Hiya my god your job sounds stressfull New they need to sort it out but i agree nothing will probably change due to the others leaving their jobs early & making it all look manageable?
& unfortuntaley some people just want the jobs done & don't care how it's gone about?

Hi mummy glad all is going well in the New house,
Livi well she is as cheeky as ever, still doesn't say much except dada granda num nums pretty much but she is so aware of everything going on very clever little girl :winkwink:
She is just crawling everywhere & pulling herself up not really interested in standing alone or walking with her walker, if she stands with her walker she shouts cos it moves lol!

She has this little chuckle which is a proper p take laugh!

Still have no hot water been a week no they are going to try & fix it again tonight, not complaining though as they are saving us alot of money by trying, fil is ever so good to us will always try & help us fix things so we don't have to pay out! & he is baby sitting for us tomorrow night so me & dh can go out for dinner for my sil's 30th so that will be nice to get out together for a bit :happydance:

Oooo wiggler do i hear the pitter patter of tiny feet no more babies here for a while if there is to ever be anymore it's all about money & houses unfortunately & working nights with 4 children which i reckon i could manage but yep it's money really & for the moment we are happy as we are :)

R sorry Milo is behaving a little badly what do you do when he is naughty, what does he respond best too?

Mummy & Milos do your little guys have fixations?
Guy at work is fixated on a radio station can tell you who is on what time, what they play, can easily reel off most things about music but wouldn't know what year it is very sad he gets so frustrated when things don't go to plan but we try & stick to his routine & generally things go well?

Harvey i wanna taste your lasagne :shrug: think we're gonna have spag bol here tonight had sausage mash & beans with onion gravy it was delish!!

Will probably pop on at work tonight then busy busy day tomorrow yawn xx

If Livi fed in the night i wouldn't clean her teeth i'd have the whole house up lol but generally she goes 12 hours at night i just clean them after her last feed?

I'm very ashamed of this but Jacson is only 4 & he already has a filling he used to constantly want juice he would wake in the night & create for it so we gave it to him for peace & it was that that done it but when you're tired & it's the middle of the night you don't think?
Now he has one last drink & then brushes his peggys Ashten's teeth have always been fine?
Although the dentist did say maybe something on that particular tooth hadn't developed properly as it was the only one?? x

A bacteria (present in plaque) called strep mutans is the cause of tooth decay. These bacteria use food sugars to produce acid - this acid directly causes the decay. Strep mutans thrives in a combination of sugars, low amounts of saliva and a low ph-level in the saliva. A portion of the population (around 20%) is thought to have increased levels of this high acid producing bacteria, putting them at higher risk for developing dental decay. After your baby gets teeth, he can get this bacteria through saliva to saliva contact from mother (or other caregiver) to baby. To help prevent transfer of this bacteria to baby, avoid any saliva to saliva contact such as sharing spoons & cups, wet kisses on the mouth, chewing food for baby, or putting baby's pacifier in your mouth. On the other hand, one study indicates that children of moms with high levels of strep mutans may actually have some protection (immunization) from decay through frequent saliva to saliva contact in the months before baby's teeth erupt...

Up until recently, the only studies that had been done were on the effects of lactose (milk sugar, which breastmilk does contain) on teeth, not the effects of *complete* breastmilk with all its components. Breastmilk also contains lactoferrin, a component in breastmilk that actually kills strep mutans (the bacteria that causes tooth decay). According to a recent article in the March/April 1999 issue of Pediatric Dentistry, "It is concluded that human breast milk is not cariogenic."

There ya have it, folks!

Dylan used to go nuts for juice too, we gave it to him when he wouldn;t eat to get more calories in him, as soon as he was eating properly juice became a treat, I really worry about his teeth though, he used to have soooo much juice.

We still water down the kids' juice...it used to be 3/4 water to 1/4 juice, and now we do half and half

We definitely can't afford another baby yet wud either as much as I want one! We need to move house as we have no room left either! xx

I dont brush Eilidhs teeth all night, was told to do them morning and night so 2x a day:shrug: Maybe its different for ffing? My lot very very rarely get juice too:shrug:

When do you test wiggler? Glad your pelvis is better:hugs:

Wud, Livi sounds so cute! Sorry you have no hot water, hope its back asap!! Eek 4 kids and night shift :argh:

Harvey, hows aaron been today? have you had chance to relax?

New:hugs: You must be exhausted! Hope little man lets you sleep tonight!

24, I'm the same with my teeth:haha:

My hubbys broody too, he's desperate for a boy again! We can afford another, I mean I'm already home so no childcare and got plenty room, I think its best to wait though to lower risk of another preemie, a 3lber is a scary thing!

Brandi, how early do kids have to wake up to be in the early club?:haha: I get up around 5 45am every day, have done for last 8 years:wacko:

I'm really bad at keeping track of my cycle, so I'm assuming the end of the month lol
5.45am is a lay in, no club entry or cookie for you :haha:

trying to catch up!

sorry for the early waking babies. Milo tried waking up at 1:30 and then Ava woke up and wouldnt go back to bed until after 5 :dohh: looks like our sleeping is off again :cry:

wiggler- glad to hear your pelvis is feeling better.

24- glad to hear Sam is sleeping better :thumbup:

wud- usually he hits me when i'm asking him what he wants. all i have to say is "well what do you want?" and he smacks me! :dohh: the headbutting is when i wont give in to him and give him whatever he wants. i gotta remember he's still a toddler and has to not get EVERYTHING he wants, even if it results in a meltdown. he gets easily fixated on wheeling a car or truck. he spent most of his playgroup date on tuesday pushing a shopping cart all around :wacko: he has all of his movies and tv shows memorized. he'll only watch certain things. so some we watch multiple times a day :? he likes to act out the motions theyre doing on the tv :haha:

as for juice, i started giving milo juice at around 7.5 months when i tried introducing plain water and he refused to drink it (it was summer). i still water it down 50/50 or 25/75. Ava has had juice once. but i dont plan on making it a regular thing until after her birthday.

OH's friend is moving out this weekend. and when i got the news i wanted to start crying :cry: i'm gonna miss him. and he was my only friend besides my SIL. i wasnt so lonely when OH was at work.

Wiggler:cry: I want a cookie!!

:rofl: at the tumble weed!

Milos's yeah toddler=tantrums at the best of times even without special needs:haha: Anja can rival Ruaridh with hers when she gets going, even Eilidh can lol! Sorry your friend is moving out :(:hugs:

Obsessions are a given with an autistic child, Ruaridhs things right now are still geico, action, colour with action, his IT stuffed animal, light switches, the washer/dryer/dishwasher, walking stick, power, counting all the blinds:shrug:

Heyy, hope your days going well:hugs:

Does everyone give water then? I just bf, never thought to add anything yet?

Harvey, got me a HUGE double choc chip muffin and a frappuchino:winkwink: :tease:

milo loves flipping the light switches too :haha: we have to make sure to take away anything he can use as a stepping latter. sometimes he even "asks" us to pick him up so he can do it :dohh:

Milos - :hugs:

I give water, but she is never impressed. Dylan drinks a LOT of water, I buy him juice sometimes when we are out, but its rare he gets it at home. Bethany will be the same, juice out and water at home when she is old enough.

mummy - when you kiddies wake up at 4am you can have all the cookies you want :p

Need to buy myself a new handbag on Tuesday, the zip came off mine yesterday and I needed to cut it open. Any suggestions for a large cheap bag (no more than £20 preferably) it needs to be big as it doubles up as a changing bag x x x

Oh looks like BM is ok to give at night! But even if I FF i would not brush the teeth in the night :haha: Joshua has very healthy teeth and was FF and had bottles in the night! We brush twice a day and it does the job!

The kids mainly drink water, occassionally Joshua has juice. I give George water with his meals, the way I see it as an adult most wouldnt eat a meal without a drink :shrug: (though I do ha ha). I think the recommendations vary widely across the pond though, probably even from HV to HV. George can drink from a lidless beaker now with support :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->