Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

harvey- good job with your MIL :thumbup: :hugs:

heyy- my reason? simply because its safer :shrug: lol. and its such an easy thing to do. all you have to do is install the seat backwards like usual and dont move it :shrug: milo just got a new carseat. a Diono Radian (used to be Sunshine Radian). his seat rear-faces until 40 lbs (he's 32 lbs). and it forward faces until 65lbs. and boosters to 100lbs. so it was well worth the $230 :thumbup: but yeah, i agree that if the law says only until 3, then so be it. lol. i dont think milo will make it utnil he's 3 :nope: and it makes me sad to think these are his last months rear-facing. and the comments i'm getting from people are starting to get to me because this may sound silly, but forward facing him is gonna be emotional for me. its like when a mom gives up breastfeeding. you tried to make it as long as you could because its best, but its come to the point you cant anymore :cry: i know, sounds laaame since its just a carseat :blush: :shrug:

Milo had watery poo now :dohh: i already gave him a bath after the last blowout. i hope he doesn't need another! its only going on 10 and he's yawning. Ava is still asleep :dohh: she didn't go to sleep until midnight, woke up at 5 and i got her down a little before 7. right when milo was next to me waking up :growlmad: i'm tired!

and honestly, rear-facing, in my opinion, seems to be the only thing i can get right with Milo. so its a touchy subject for me :cry:

Milos you stick to your guns hun! You MIL had no right to make you feel bad for it!! So long as Milo is safe and within the legal limits then its of no business or concern of hers :hugs: And its not lame hun, its something you hold really important to you and your family and so no one should judge you for that xxx

We're most likely getting the Britax marathon seats- This is the one I want , well... TWO I want! :rofl: and $500 LATER :wacko: We'll be buying them right after the girls birthday, I think- They are still in their carrier car seats,they are rated to 32 ppounds, but DAMN they are getting too heavy to carry!! The empty car seats weigh 8 1/2 pounds each, and the girls weigh somewhere close to 25 :wacko: little chunkers :haha:
https://www.amazon.com/Britax-Marat...s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1330700241&sr=1-7

heyy- i've heard a lot of people like the britax :thumbup: the only thing i've heard people dislike is how big they are if there are other carseats in the car :shrug: but you guys have a van, right? obviously that wont be a problem of size :haha:

Ava has this carseat that she's about to go in. then for her second birthday we'll probably get another Diono. she'll be so tiny she'll probably never outgrow the weight limit of an infant carrier :dohh:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-Tribute-Sport-Convertible-Car-Seat-Daisy-Doodle/14978057

Milos - :hugs: Ignore the comments hun, you know you are doing whats best for your kids hun. Aww poor Milo, I hope he feels better soon :hugs:

Heyy - So glad the girls slept well for you again!

Milos:hugs: He's a similar age to Anja right? Anjas 3 in august (but due end sept/early oct) I still rear face her, nobody says anything to me though lol and if they did :argh: Anja is only around the 21lb mark and shes also short so maybe they just think shes younger:shrug: Ruaridhs forward facing but he's 4 so different and he's a house of a boy lol, totally solid! I think in this country, more so than UK in my experience, puts emphasise on a certain type of parent being er crunchy I think it was called:dohh: It seems easy to make fun of:shrug: I've been called granola bafore :rofl: I do all kinds that fit into this bracket, clothe diaper, I breastfed well into toddlerhood, the longer the better, even and this is actually a bit:blush: but Ruaridh has wanted to bf again lately and he's been weaned for forever but you know I let him because thats what I felt was best as a parent:shrug: Probably have just about everyone go eww or whatever but my point is stand up for what you believe in any form hun, they are your kids and you do know best:hugs::hugs:

Wiggler hun, its very early:hugs: Give it a few days and see where you are! Eek at a cold being on the way:hugs:

Harvey:hugs: Hope you feel better hun:hugs: Well done with your MIL!

Heyy, yay for sleeping:happydance: Lol yes I think most of us would have planned out decorating by now:winkwink:

Erm, new, teething????:dohh: Oh dear hun! Hope he feels better now? what happened at work hun? xxxx

I'm concerned about the size because our van is actually quite small inside- We were very surprised at how small the interior is :wacko: and it's short between the seats long ways, not across.. hard to explain lol This is the best picture I could find to show you what I mean-
DSCN4344.jpg
See how the backs of the child seats hit the backs of the front seats? The infant carriers are bad enough but at least they come out and someone can get past the bases easily. With bigger more permanent seats there is no way for anyone to get in and out of the back without either going thought the front can and crawling all the way back, or getting in through the TRUNK and climbing over the seats! And I am NOT removing a car seat every time someone needs in or out of the car :wacko: So basically we can take other kids (My big kids, etc) but it would be impossible for say, my mother to ride with us. But this model is the one with the dual sliding doors, which we NEEDED for obvious reasons

Just talked to my mum on the phone, she asked if I was pregnant and I am a terrible liar and said no, she was like have you tested, I said yes, she was like "oh that's good, I have too many blankets to make at the moment without adding another one onto the list" :rofl: She is going to get a shock after my 12 week scan. :rofl:

We are going to have a chippy dinner tonight :cloud9: I'm not in the mood to cook, no idea where the local chippy is though so OH will probably end up cycling into town :rofl:

We finally had Chips and gravy last night- :blush: I may have eaten an entire PLATE full :blush:

Wiggler- don't tell her- just get huge and tell her you swallowed a watermellon :rofl:

Those are the small car seats? That come out? and you carry? bejesus!!! Those are bigger than Georges fixed in one :haha: That does look like a bit of a squeeze! lol Are those fixed in hun? The seat belt seems to go a very peculia way round the seat :shrug:

George is FF :blush: I would have kept him RF but my car is so tiny and only has doors at the front, not the back so not only do I have to climb into the back to put George in I also have to sort of climb over the baby seat too ... he is over 9kg now so I have put him FF. If I replace my car to a 5door he will go back to RF I think!

LMAO, its just how she is, she has been asking roughly once or twice a month since I was 15 (and a virgin!!) :rofl: Its realy weird though cos I told her straight away with Dylan and Bethany, but she has got such a big gob on her, she would just blab to everyone :rofl:

New- NO NO NO! :lol: That is someone elses twins even! I just needed a picture of the interior of a Honda Odyssey with car seats- those are the BIG seats, like what my girls will move in to- They are in THESE
011.jpg

Mummy- Goodness, Anja only weighs HOW MUCH? Such a tiny little sprite, isn't she?

phew!! lol yes those are the NB ones like ours lol George has just come out of his (for my sanity not his lol)

I saw my friends ickle tiny newborn today... and didnt feel 1 jot broody lol :thumbup:

noo.. maybe if he was a girl??? lol but i looked and thought aww a baby.. and thats was it :shrug:

mummy- yep, about same age as Anja (except she's a couple months older). Milo is pretty solid too! lol. almost 35in and 32lbs :dohh: and yes, the term crunchy :rofl: where i live is FAR from crunchy, so people think i'm the wacko with cloth diapers, ERF, amber teething necklaces, etc :shrug:

heyy- yeah, that is going to be a problem when Ava gets into her new carseat (and gets over to the window side). no one will be able to ride in the back. lol. and unfortunately, rear-facing seats have to touch the back of the front seat (for it to be angled properly). that was a big dilemma i had in my dad's car with Milo's carseat. there wasnt enough room to let it recline back far enough. so he was forward facing on his way to therapy since OH started first shift. and i honestly felt like deep down i felt like it was the wrong thing for me to be doing :shrug: plus, i think the twins will outgrow rear-facing sooner since they'll probably be on the tall side :haha:

wiggler- she senses it :argh: my mom said she could tell i was pregnant :shrug:

new- way to go not feelng broody :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"