Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

Oh that site looks cool :thumbup: will need some ideas if Im not working :dohh:

Do you have Minstrels? I likes Minstels :blush: candy shell like M&Ms but the chocolate middle is like a button onlu Galaxy chocolate instead of Cadbury lol

He has german measles, obviously he has been in contact with my ickle Bethany, my pregnant SIL and me :cry: I am 100% immune to german measles luckily, does that mean baby will have some immunity? I'm really worried :cry:

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Rubella/Pages/Complications.aspx :cry:

If you are immune, sweetie, the baby is all good :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Rubella (German measles)
What you need to know
Rubella (German measles) is a mild childhood illness that can cause serious birth defects in an unborn baby. About 25 percent of babies whose mothers get rubella in the first trimester of pregnancy are born with one or more birth defects (congenital rubella syndrome) including eye defects, hearing loss, heart defects, mental ******ation and, less frequently, movement disorders.

With the widespread use of the rubella vaccine, major outbreaks of rubella no longer occur in the United States. Still, small outbreaks do occur. As many as 20 percent of childbearing women are susceptible to rubella infection.

What you can do
There is a simple blood test that can determine if you are immune to rubella. The March of Dimes recommends that all women be tested for immunity to rubella before becoming pregnant. If you are not immune, consider being vaccinated at least 28 days before trying to get pregnant.

What did the doctor say about you and the bump? Also SIL and bump?

The doctor said fuck all :growlmad: I rang my mum straight away and she is telling SIL to get checked out. I'm really worried about baby even though I am immune, but I am really really worried about SIL as the chances are she is not and he was only over there a few days ago :cry:

chances are she will be immune hun, the MMR vaccine is given to almost all kids! she'll have had it as a toddler or child xxx Did OH ask abotu you and the bump?

OH said that I'm pregnant to the doctor and he just said "oh" :dohh: I'm going to ring the doctors tomorrow first thing. then gotta ring the nursery to let them know as the chances are he caught it from there. urgh, why culdn't Dylan just be allergic to something :rofl: At least it isn't serious for him, just feeling a bit icky and a rash, poor baby has to have the next week off nursery, but thats not too bad, lots of lazy days for us :D

Heyy - awwww! I love making forts, I enjoy it more than the kids do :cloud9:

Oh yus I can get you buttons for someone to do my ironing :haha: fair trade me thinks!! lol its HUGE lol

My parents are just getting ready to go so soon have peace and quiet but fair play they not actually been bad except for washing everything they could find clean or dirty :dohh:

George learnt a new co-ordination game.. he has a toy that has a lever to roill out balls, he learnt a while ago how to get the balls out but couldnt get them back in so he'd empty it then wait for one of us to refill it but now he can refill it himself :cloud9: yay! lol

:happydance: go George !

Just got off the phone to my mum, she said there is a very serious egg allergy in the family (I thought Dylans rash might be a reaction to eggs) so cutting them from his diet in case they diagnosed him wrong, SIL is ringing her GP tomorrow for a blood test and I am ringing my GP tomorrow.

Ickle george and his new skill!! lol This will save a lot of frustration when he empties the balls out and wants them all back in :rofl: Must buy him new batteries for it too :dohh: Oh and need a film of his crawling, was putting the files to the laptop from the camera and realised I got none of him crawling yet! Yikes! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGAzn6bmEw&feature=share

What's it called and where did you get it new? Looks really good! Were they flutter balls?

Is Eilidh a toddler then? :argh:

Nope. 18 months is a toddler.

OH and monkey are on the way to the doctors now, madam crashed just before we were ready to go so I am staying here with her, she hasn't been very happy today, little snotbag. She is truly disgusting, she snotted earlier and so I went to get a baby wipe, by the time I got it she had crawled to the sofa and wiped it all over it :sick:

Miss A's a little snotbag too. 102.8 right now. Why her dad doesn't give her medicine when she has a fever is beyond me :shrug::dohh::growlmad::cry:

Ickle george and his new skill!! lol This will save a lot of frustration when he empties the balls out and wants them all back in :rofl: Must buy him new batteries for it too :dohh: Oh and need a film of his crawling, was putting the files to the laptop from the camera and realised I got none of him crawling yet! Yikes! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGAzn6bmEw&feature=share

Awwwwww, so cute!

Wiggler - That's scary! Hope he recovers quickly, and that you, Bethany, baby and your SIL and baby are not affected!

Is german measles different to measles? sorry for asking a dumb question :blush:

Harvey it is 'Fisherprice Roll Arounds Gumball Machine' and the balls are 'Fisherprice Roll Arounds' They are quite expensive on their own (the balls) but I managed to get a bag of 2nd hand ones! I got the gumball machine (which comes with 4 balls) from Tesco on offer for £15 but I think thats a regular price for it, and you can often see them for sale 2nd hand on ebay/fb etc George has a few different of the range and the balls mix and match on the different ones. We really want the dino (we = me) but currently justhave the gumball machine, tree house and wiggle bug lol

I think its different.

The only way it can be properly diagnsed is through blood test though and Dylan hasn't had a blood test so they could be wrong, but talking to my mum earlier I realised the rash popped up after he ate egg yesterday, then got worse after eating egg this morning. I'll talk to the doctor about rubella/egg allergy tomorrow.

Heyy - great fort :thumbup: bet the bairns enjoyed it!

Wiggler- :hugs: to Dylan. I hope it doesn't affect any of you's:flower:

New- :happydance: parent free house :winkwink: lots of :munch: & :coffee::winkwink:

Oh I see, I thought they were the same then saw something about rubella = german measles on your post and I was milk 'mmr = measles mumps and rubella' so then thought they must be different :shrug: Whatever it is hun hope he is well soon x

lol, this kid is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ZShmt19uQ&feature=relmfu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"