meal time

luckyme225

Reaction score
When do you start feeding LO food that you prepared for dinner grounded up. What are the best things to try first and what should I stay away from when the time comes? Thank you ladies :)

I believe after they turn one...

I give Erica tastes off of my plate now, even tho its probably not the best habit to get into... :blush: I have a book the outlines the ages babies can healthily eat different foods, including those that we eat.. and its really helpful. There are lots of weaning books out there that could probably offer that kind of advice, or maybe even on the web I'm sure. What I've started to also do instead of make big batches and freeze her food (still do with lots of the basics) is just set a small amount of veggies aside from our dinner, or fruit from breakfast, before any pepper or anything is put on it (veggies) and then puree them up for her right then. She can eat with us, and have what we are having, and its fresh. I haven't gotten brave enough to try with meats yet, cause I'm just nervous I'll do it wrong. Will try soon tho!

Oh, and like for breakfast, I always have my eggs very well cooked, so I gave her tiny tastes of it and she loved it! I think my book said 8 or maybe even 9 months for egg, but the other day she was so interested that I figured I'd give her a taste.. :blush: bad mommy I know!!

I think its ok to give them single ingredients of what you eat (pureed) from when you start weaning them (i.e veg etc) but no red meat before nine months x

Oh, and like for breakfast, I always have my eggs very well cooked, so I gave her tiny tastes of it and she loved it! I think my book said 8 or maybe even 9 months for egg, but the other day she was so interested that I figured I'd give her a taste.. :blush: bad mommy I know!!

I know what you mean, Connor will yell at us because he wants to eat what we eat. Poor kid, soon enough he will get to eat stuff other then fruits and veggies. He even trys to drink out of a straw like his parents, too funny!! Glad things seem to be going well with Erica.

Thanks, things seem to be going great with Connor too? He is sooo cute, and getting so big. I pureed a banana for Erica this morning for breakfast, and gave DH a whole one. She ate hers, then went after his! LOL, he had to share.

I do the same for Maxim I take some of my lunch or supper aside and puree it for him so he can eat with us and feel like a part of supper or lunch :) he dose get meats its been 3 weeks now and he loves it ..I started with veal , then turkey, then beef now im on chicken and beef :) he loves them as long as there mixed with vegies lol

He also has baby jars that are mixed up like his "country breakfast " which is "oats, eggs, mixed fruits and cereal"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->