Medela double electric pump failing?!

Kimber

Reaction score
I've been using this pump pretty religiously for the last 9 months. I used it occasionally over summer (I'm a teacher so I was home and didn't need to use it like during the school year). Well, I recall naively saying "I wonder if my boobs aren't as responsive to the pump now that baby's suck is stronger." (I still don't know....could this be?!)
Of course, as timing goes, now that school has started, I'm hardly pumping ANYTHING after 5 hours of no nursing or pumping. I can't have this happening!!! Could it be my pump?? It seems to be sucking like normal, but I read that they can need replacement parts.

I don't know if it is MY responsive to the pump, or the pump itself. I was very successful with pumping the first 6 months and was able to keep my baby exclusively breast fed even with working 25 hours a week away from her.

Oh, and I can tell my supply is ok because she is getting plenty when eating and I can tell just by how my boobs feel! But I'm worried about what will happen to my supply if I don't quickly get this figured out!

Have you replaced the white membrane that go on the yellow parts, checked for cracks in the yellow parts or elsewhere. Also if you have the pisa have you taken the face plate off the motor and cleaned the white membrane back there once a month like the Instructions say? If all else fails call medela. They have excellent customer service.

Have you replaced the white membrane that go on the yellow parts, checked for cracks in the yellow parts or elsewhere. Also if you have the pisa have you taken the face plate off the motor and cleaned the white membrane back there once a month like the Instructions say? If all else fails call medela. They have excellent customer service.

I have replaced the white membranes a few times. I'll inspect the yellow parts closely and I do not have the pisa. Thanks for the tips. You have experience working with medela?

I've been using this pump pretty religiously for the last 9 months. I used it occasionally over summer (I'm a teacher so I was home and didn't need to use it like during the school year). Well, I recall naively saying "I wonder if my boobs aren't as responsive to the pump now that baby's suck is stronger." (I still don't know....could this be?!)
Of course, as timing goes, now that school has started, I'm hardly pumping ANYTHING after 5 hours of no nursing or pumping. I can't have this happening!!! Could it be my pump?? It seems to be sucking like normal, but I read that they can need replacement parts.

I don't know if it is MY responsive to the pump, or the pump itself. I was very successful with pumping the first 6 months and was able to keep my baby exclusively breast fed even with working 25 hours a week away from her.

Hi,
I've also had problems with my Medela pump, with milk not coming out. Turned out that the milk was coming out, but going into the motor and not the bottle. The answer was to clean the membrane as it had some milk residue that I couldn't see until I pulled it out.
Hope this helps. - Cheers, Barbara

Hi,
I've also had problems with my Medela pump, with milk not coming out. Turned out that the milk was coming out, but going into the motor and not the bottle. The answer was to clean the membrane as it had some milk residue that I couldn't see until I pulled it out.
Hope this helps. - Cheers, Barbara

So how would I go about this? How difficult was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->