Meet? ***POLL ADDED***

Just a suggestion:
Someone told me the other week that it can be cheaper to split your train journey into 2 parts. You don't have to get off the train or anything, but just book online the 2 parts seperately and it can sometimes work out cheaper. For example
From Edinburgh to Manchester
The cheapest direct option is to buy a single ticket both ways booking in advance and costs £29 in and £22 back (Total £51)
But if you split it to where you would change at Preston you can get a return from Edinburgh to Preston for £30 and a return from Preston to Manchester for £10, so total £40. You would stay on exactly the same trains, but you pay less!
Also check if its cheaper for 2 singles or return,because it changes from train to train :)
Hope that helps someone.

We'd be going from Stirling x

but i think we wud need to book 2 seats each.. get a table cos ill have ava in the carrycot on one and tabitha wont sit on someones knee the entire time she will need some space of her own. i think 2 seats would be too cramped.

Bradford to Manchester for me was £13.40 return! I was expecting more like £50, that's why I was pleasantly surprised lol!

I should add that that price was off peak (after 9am and return after 6pm), midweek and doesn't include Manchester Victoria-Piccadilly. Remember that under 5s go free.

Having looked again I can go from my nearest station, change at Leeds and arrive at Manchester Piccadilly for £20 :thumbup:

OMG this has moved fast....are we going for the 3rd or picking a different date?? :rofl:

Not sure yet?

vicki would you make it if it was 2 weeks later?

Even if under 5s are free we would need to pay for the seats if we wanted a table and 4 seats cos then could get stuck on 2 seats with 2 people next to us and the babies and the carrycot wouldnt be able to be used then, Id have to hold her. mind u i could take the sling? Dunno how squishy it would be tho with our bags etc,

I don't have my op date sadly and won't have it for a few weeks yet :( Don't worry, if i can't come i'll have to make the next one :)

Claire i've found £139 for both of us?? :shrug: Or we could drive to my aunts and then get train to Manchester???? That might save a load??

well £139 is better than what i found! haha! Is that just for 2 seats?

how much would petrol be to your aunts?

No idea :shrug: But i think the trains are expensive from there too :( Poop!! Its for 2 adults and 2 children...so that MUST mean 4 seats as they cant think say a 10yr old would share a seat?

Was it between 3rd and 17th? 17th gives longer to save beforehand (my child tax comes through on the 6th, hehe) but if the 3rd is better then it's not a big issue :D Maybe we could do a vote?

Either is fine with me,

Sarah if the £139 is for 4 seats.. (like alltogether with a table) then thats pretty reasonable?? but if its for 2.. its a bit steep,

I think a child gets their own seat over 5? Could be wrong! But if you put "child" on the passenger list they get a seat/you pay for them, if they're under 5 you just don't list them in your passenger count.

Train prices and times for me work out exactly the same as taking the car I think. Again, if anyone wants a lift and happens to live between here and there, lol, let me know.

I know I'm not too far from u but don't know if I'm inbetween alfreton n manchester?

Edit - I just googled it and I'm quite a bit below you. Lol for some reason i thought you were below me :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->