Members needed in Team LoveBmps!

Great news Rae and Sunshine.

I'm sorry to hear about af Premomt. I'm learning that this ttc business isn't easy at all. I got me those opks thinking (stupidly) that they would be such a help for ovulation. Are there places that opks are loads cheaper? I bought 2 packs of clearblue and they cost me a small fortune for all of 14 tests. I also think you guys should write the instruction sheet for opks 'cos the one that comes with the test is useless!!

I am just glad that I was temping as didn't do opk's this month so it was questionable if and when I would o. LOL I have always been regular even after my mmc it was only two days late and then smack dab on 28 days. I just hope it happens soon as dh is growing very tired. LOL :blush: I wear the poor guy out and he is 7yrs my junior. :dohh:

There are cheaper OPKs than the digital ones. I originally started with the Answer brand (found at walmart in the states) then went to IC's purchased from a vendor off E-bay. I have about 20-30 of them left, but I HATE them. They don't ever give me an "as dark as or darker than control" They are always lighter. So after I am done with these, I will go back to the Answer ones. They were more expensive, but not as expensive as the CB ones.
I purchased both opks and hpts from the vendor, as well as a CB Digi HPT. Cheaper, but I got what I paid for IMO.

I have found the OPKs helpful in figuring out my cycles. Much more reliable than CP, CM and more helpful than the temps because you see it while it is happening, not after.

I found OPKs ok but out of 4 months I only ever got one line darker than the test line.
THe rest got gradually darker but never quite made it 'positive'

i used to find the clear blue kits brilliant, the one that gives you the smiley face
they cost a fortune, they are about €15-20 for 7 days. but well worth it when you see the smiley face. stopped using them now i'm on the fertility treatment, but i'd recommend that brand, but v pricey x

Oh yeah - I used the CB digi OPKs too - that smiley face is just fabulous!!!!!!!

i know, how sad are we that we get happy when we see the smiley face. x

I only used them the first month then I bought about 5 and decided to just bag them and just know my body. :rofl: Like I will ever know my body!

I thought I had my body all figured out until I started tempting and charting. BOY WAS I WRONG! I am better off without any of it :rofl:

Actually talking of temping, how do you girls find it? Is temping a pain or is it something that you find really useful so it is really worth it? I've been debating about trying to temp but not sure whether it would be beneficial 'cos I think I read somewhere that travelling can throw temps all over the place and we do a lot of travelling.

Temping......
Well with 3 months under my belt, I have to say it was just okay. Here is why.
Anything and everything can affect your temps. Rolling over in bed before taking them, blinking.....breathing....everything! :rofl: I did get FF to pin point O dates for me, and that was okay. But then my LP was different each time one month it was 16 days, another 15 and another 13. Which makes me think my O dates were wrong. Traveling can disturb your charting as well, but there are ways around it. If you are good at rolling over temping at the exact same time every morning, without any sleep interruptions then yes. I don't want to make it sound bad, cause at first I loved it. But I started getting more and more confused the last month and realized....I am not good enough to temp. I would recommend it if it is going to help you pin point generally when you O every month, and your LP.

I am addicted to temping. Its like crack to me. I wake up and the thermometer gors right in my mouth.
I would say that the traveling can throw it off, but I've done it without a huge difference. I've also just not temped while on holiday.
I like seeing my charts. I like comparing from month to month, and now that I know my LP I can tell if af is on her way by my temps. But I have come to find I am a type A person and there things excite me.:mrgreen:

LMAO.. Every month we all get together and discuss the blasted opk's lol lol lol. I remember my first opk experience. I was on here 24 hours a day asking questions. That is how MaybeBaby and I became friends. We bitched about opk's on here and ran into each other at 1am in an opk hate chat thread lol lol lol lol... BUT the smiley/positive is so so worth it. For however short. But don't get down. Not getting a + means nothing. It can be hard to catch if you aren't peeing all the time or have a long surge. Some girls get them two days straight. Like I said, mine was 2 hours only! Temping was great, but for me it made me anxious. Around O, I would wake up at 2am nervous about the temp. I would have to temp then or mess it up. So they jumped all over the planet. Every day it didn't show O, I freaked about "not o'ing" Lol.. BUT when it shows O (CONGRATS SUNSHINE) IT IS FREAKIN AWESOMEEEEEEE@!!! Congrats to the 2WW's and the + OPK's!! Don't worry Brit, dear, you will get your +soon! In the meantime, watch cm as a backup. Mine got ewcm for a few days PRIOR to O off and on. The day of O, or the morning after, it dried up never to return. Gone that fast. I would bd with any ew or watery...GOOD LUCK I can't wait!

RAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I cried all day when I read your post. Seeing your wonderful rising #'s was amazing for me. Look, I have an Awesome calculator for Hcg. It is really accurate and shows low/high normals. Remember low can be just as normal as highs. And enter your serial beta #'s and it will score you on the chart and tell you if the rise was good. It helped me when the silly docs told me my first beta was "spontaneous abortion" Well my spontaneous had a 170+ heartbeat today at 10 big weeks! So have faith and .. OH little girlie beans have slower hcg rises !!!!!

https://babymed.com/tools/pregnancy/hcg/

Hey hun.. also.. Enter your 1st beta # and what cd you are on. Then enter your second # and what day. I think lol.. GOOD LUCK, FINGERS X'd AND :hugs:

Premomt precious.. I am so sick to hear about af... I hope you will feel back in the swing asap... I need to come to your journal and chat with you. You are one of my heroes pre... I believe in you and will be right there when you get that bfp!

Conswayla I LOVEEEE YOUUU!!!!

:hugs: :hugs:

Rae!!!! That's fantastic news - keep us posted xxx

And Sunshine - those temps are excellent - if they stay that high you're definitely on for a winning cycle!!!

I'm in my 2ww now - my temps rose a bit today - FF is being stupid and pretending I missed Ov - but its lying and with a few more high temps I'm sure it'll see reason!

Brit - I got i/c OPKs and they were quite good 'cos you can see the difference in the line strength.
This pic shows Weds with no line and then a faint line thurs, fri and sat 12pm but I tested again on sat at 4pm and got a super-strong line.
Its great to see but like Sarah said - its so easy to miss!

Attachments

• opk.JPG
    opk.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 19
Guess what girls..... I got a smiley face on my opk :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:. I poas this morning thinking oh what the hell and literally came running through to my dh in pure excitement!! Even he was like "see and all the bitching you done about them yesterday". I was in a proper downer about them, ovulation and basically everything to do with ttc! :haha: I totally see what you all were saying about seeing a positive - it's fabulous! So, can you guess what I'm gonna be doing these next few days?! I'm gonna wear my dh out is what I'm gonna do....! Actually, I'm gonna try follow the sperm meets egg plan this month when it comes to the bd'ing action.

As far as temping goes, it probably sounds that temping isn't for me. I'm a nightmare for sleep pattens due to the travelling but we'll see, that all might change if I don't see a bfp soon.

Oh Brit so Happy for you! :yipee::yipee:

Sarah thanks for the PMA and all the support it truly helps on those down days.

Cazd welcome to the tww it's really boring atm. LOL

Conswayla how are you today?

Premomt how are you today too?

Me just sitting here in the tww just glad I have a softball tourney this weekend to break up my thoughts. LOL

Brit! That is great that you got your smiley face! It must be so worth it so finally see that. Okay, plan....:sex: non stop for the next 48 hours :rofl: This is so great!!!!

I am doing myself, CD 23 for me....not too much longer for AF. I am getting my pre Af symptoms still....nothing new or exciting. Really freaking scary.

I am glad I have some company in the 2ww!

Rae, how are you doing hun? Did you try the link Sarah left for you? I hope all is well hun, thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->