Men b vaccine

sophxx

Reaction score
Has any one payed for the vaccine privately? The clinic we used for chicken pox is starting this vaccine soon and were planning on taking lo. Just wondered how your little one was after it? How much it cost :thumbup:

Hi, we heard of this the other month from MIL. She has offered to pay to get both of our girls vaccinated if we want them to have it. I've done a little research and read that it is a safe vaccine, just can't afford to give on the NHS yet. I still haven't gotten around to finding out where to get one from but I'd also like to hear from anyone who's LO's have already had the injection how they were afterwards.

We're planning in having it at the end if summer as the doctor said there is a chance it could come on the nhs. But he advised to have the injection before winter due to the virus being mire rif around this time.

It was in the news about a month or so ago that the vaccine is to become available on the NHS and included on the vaccination programme but it didn't go into any other detail in terms of ages, when etc.

Yeh I saw that but it's just when it could take a year plus. I think that's why the gp said wait till end of summer just yo see if they put it on before winter

I asked about this at my dd's last vac appointment, the nurse told me that I could ask my GP for a private prescription then order it through the pharmacy. She thought it would be about £50 per injection and the age of the child would determine how many injections were needed. I asked if one of the Gps or clinic nurses could give the injection then but she wasn't sure, I'm definitely looking into it though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->