Metformin & PCOS

WB Bunny, nice to hear from you... have look into baby gender or nt?

krissie, yup go ahead, good luck for you praying so witch catch you asap <3

tdy i randomly did a test, i can feel a very faint line ... but no hopes up yet, let see where it goes next week

Good luck Aein!!!! Fingers crossed for you!

Good to hear from you Bunny! Glad baby boy is doing great! :)

Hope all you other ladies are doing well!

Well it seems my life still hasn't completely straightened out the way I thought it was. Now there's a whole new list of set backs. To be on the safe side I'm not going to start on met again and DH and I have even started using condoms. But I have a new goal I'm trying to reach. Keeping it kind of secret until things become more official with what I'm planning to do. But for now TTC is off the table for at least a year (maybe longer) and I'm actually coming around to being ok with that.

All of you ladies have been wonderful and I'm so happy for everyone who's gotten their BFP and wish the best of luck to those still trying. I will be back soon to update hopefully with a different kind of good news :) ttyl

woow markswife you are crossing 22wks ... ohh God ... how its going on.. you also knew abt baby gender or left for a surprise

Aly... Good luck dear, i am praying for you, Good luck with Met dear <3

m feeling too much mensis like pain tdy specially on left side with milk like discharge some thick and backache .. also feel vomit like but nuthing here :/

Yes Aein! I'm 23 weeks tomorrow! SO excited! :) <3 Moving right along! And baby is a GIRL!!! <3 <3

wooow i love to be mother of a baby girl soon, although i know in our society women specially look into, why not boy... why a girl :/

Hey,

I'm really new to all this forum stuff so i apologize if I sound like an idiot in advance

My name is Milly, and I was diagnosed with PCOS last year (23) I have no clue when I have ever ovulated if I even have, my periods have been crazy since I was about 15 and I haven't had one at all in over two years. Just yesterday my doctor prescribed my Metformin, I had tried to get my PCP to prescribe it time and time again until I finally found a new doctor who gladly ordered it for me.

Like you said I have noticed some upset stomach. I was started on 1000mg/daily and I am waiting to hear if I have the okay to go up to 1500. I've read for a lot of people that seems to be the lucky number.

Good luck to you on your journey becoming a mother!!!

Welcome Milly

Good luck with Met, try to take pills with your meal ... normally lower to high dose suits anybody ... rest many ladies around on this forum, whom blessed with babies and no doubt Met plays important role in regulating cycles

Ok Ladies, here my flight tomorrow morning towards Pakistan

I hope to c ya all soon, stay blessed and keep remember in your prayers

Welcome Milly!

Like you my periods were all over the place since they started and only got into a slight routine after a while on metformin. I was on 1500mg for around 6 months when I fell pregnant and was extremely lucky as my periods still weren't regular but I was just happy to be having them after agesss without them! Metformin isn't a quick fix so be patient but I do believe it's a wonder drug! :haha:

I was lucky and never had side effects with it but I know most people get tummy upset. I believe I started feeling it working after a good few months as my appetite decreased and I lost a little weight which also helps in the process of getting periods back on track with pcos.

Feel free to ask any questions at any time and good luck with everything! :flow:

Hope you enjoy yourself Aein! Hope to here from you when you get back about what you've been upto :D

Welcome Milly!!

Are you taking the Metformin ER (Extended Release)? I know when I found out I have PCOS and IR (Insulin Resistant) last year I started out at 500mg ER and worked my way up to 2000mg ER. Even though I am pregnant, I didn't and haven't stop taking Metformin and my OB is fine with that. I believe the Metformin even helped me prevent gestational diabetes (since I am insulin resistant, but don't have diabetes) as my results for the 1 hour test came back perfect.

You could ask your doctor about the Extended Release version because I had no tummy issues or anything. Only thing I did have was I wasn't too hungry in the beginning which didn't bother me:thumbup:

Welcome milly! I used the extended release and didn't have many problems. I would take 750mg with lunch and 750 with dinner. My doctor had me stop taking it when I was about 10 1/2 weeks. I'm not IR though and it never really did regulate my periods.

Welcome Milly. I hope the Metformin is good to you. It has not helped with my periods much but it helps with IR.

Good luck on your trip Aein.

Welcome Milly!! Like many of the other ladies have already said, I used metformin (in combination with some other ttc stuff through a fertility clinic) and I definitely feel like it made a huge impact. Before I started it, I was having anywhere from 50 to 70 day long cycles (which were a nightmare when af would finally show up) and it did seem to help regulate those. I started off at 500mg and worked my way up to higher doses gradually. I did find that I would get some tummy troubles for about 24-48 hours after increasing my dose, but it normally settled down pretty quickly. I was also on the regular tabs (not the extended release), which tend to cause more tummy problems. Definitely make sure you're taking your meds with food - that should help a bit. Good luck!!

Aein - have an amazing trip!! Wishing you lots of luck - keep us up to date when you get back! <3

Not much gets said on here anymore. I decided to stop by and stalk some of your tickers. I just cannot believe how close everyone is! I hope everyone is doing well!

Hey Bunny_boo,

Thank you for replying sorry it has taken me so long to reply back to you! My doctor put me on 500mg in the am, and 1000mg in the evening late last month. I was really hopeful at first. However, i went to my Gynecologist today and I left far from happy. She informed me that my Testosterone was too high, along with my prolactin, and and one other male based hormone was too high and she told me that I need to lose A LOT of weight before she will help me get pregnant at all, so now I need to go in for an ultrasound and biopsy of my uterus. Instead she is making a "one year plan for me" to lose like 80 pounds, get my hormones regulated and my blood sugars lowered. I know she meant well, but I just cried the whole time.

It is so frustrating feeling like you cannot do the most amazing thing a women can do with her life. I don't think my boyfriend understands how hard it is on me, not that I blame him he is encouraging though. I guess I am just a little impatient and crushed right now. The doctor was like, "I'm sure this is a difficult reality check for you" and that set me off. Just the way she worded it. So, I went in wanting to have a child, and I walked out on birth control. It's been a really long day!

End Rant!.. sorry ladies! :) Thank you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->