Metformin & PCOS

Thanks SweetMel, I'm definitely hoping I can go naturally as well. DH and I had always planned on a natural birth so we're still trying to wrap our heads around the idea that that may not happen - baby is the boss and seems to do what he wants! I've been trying lots of the natural induction tricks (sex, spicy food, lots of walking, bouncing on a birthing ball, etc) but none seem to be doing the trick lol. I had a doc appt on Wednesday and found out that I'm only 1cm dilated, not at all effaced, and that the baby (who WAS engaged last week) is now no longer engaged (apparently it's not uncommon for first time babies to engage and disengage several times before labour?). But yeah, so basically, as of Tuesday, I was no where near labour lol - stubborn LO!! :dohh: :haha: How are you finding your pregnancy so far? Are you having many symptoms?

JL, I was told with my 2nd DS to stay out of swimming pools and tubs because the water can make the baby “float” and then they aren’t engaged anymore. :wacko: Crazy right? Oxytocin is a cuddle/bonding hormone so any activity that helps with that is good to increase your oxytocin levels. Also try to reduce your adrenaline level which will delay labor. Think: Comfy, cozy, content.

AFM, I just got the results from my one and only blood work. Progesterone 17.7, TSH 7.02, and Hcg 31,057. They will be increasing my Thyroid medication. I feel okay most of the time, but I have had a few headaches lately and evening sickness. :sick:

Good luck JL! I do hope you go naturally! Hopefully not long now :D

Congrats Sweetmel!! <3

Hopefully the baby will come soon JL!

I have a journal, but it isn't nearly as long as a lot of ladies' who have journals. I'm not a huge journaler, so that's why :blush:

And just wanted to share pics of our baby girl <3 She is doing great, still quite a few weeks away from going home, but she's growing and getting closer every day! She is now 2lb 1oz!

Attachments

• Hayley.jpg
    Hayley.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1451955_595102703884890_727691418_n.jpg
    1451955_595102703884890_727691418_n.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 8
  • 578090_10202161787782140_673824658_n.jpg
    578090_10202161787782140_673824658_n.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 9
Markswife - your little girl is beautiful! I'm so glad to hear she's doing well!!

SweetMel - I'd never heard the bath tub thing before - some of the theories people have are so funny! Mind you, at this point I'm so anxious to have baby out that I would be more than happy to stop having baths if it means I get to meet LO sooner! :haha: Sorry to hear your having some unpleasant symptoms! How are you finding this pregnancy is comparing to your last? Are your symptoms pretty much the same?

How are the rest of you ladies doing? How are your pregnancies coming along?? Bunny, you're coming to the end now - are you getting excited??

Afm - I'm officially one week overdue and went to the hospital today to begin my induction. The OB checked my cervix and said I was about a "fingertip" dilated, but that the baby was engaged and low and that my cervix was in an anterior position (which I'm told is a good thing, but I don't really know what it means :haha:). I received a dose of prostaglandin gel, was monitored for an hour and then sent home. Now I'm just waiting to see what body does over the next 24 hours - if I don't go into labour on my own then I will go back to the hospital, be admitted, and they will administer an IV of pitocin to get things started. It's exciting to think I may actually meet LO tomorrow!!

JL- I am very excited for you. Hopefully you meet lo today!

Afm, I had my first ultrasound and bubs is measuring on time and has a heartbeat. I was such a relief.

Markswife - She is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Glad she is doing well :D

JL - Omg how exciting!! Good luck! I hope you meet your LO soon and everything goes well :D I'm 35 weeks, wee bit to go yet and it's dragging in! Cannot wait!

Krissie - Glad your scan went well, I know what you mean about the relief, seeing the heartbeat pumping away is amazing!

JL, I hope lo comes today.

Markswife, I love the pictures of Hayley and I do follow your journal for updates on her.

Krissie, that is great news about your scan. I don't get my first scan until November 25th. I'm going to buy a Doppler. I will probably here the heartbeat at home before I do in the doctor's office. :wacko:

BunnyBoo, ugh the last few weeks are the longest, aren't they?

AFM, I was scheduled to have my second set of labs done this morning, but when I got there they turned me away and said there was no point. :saywhat: I was so mad. Hubby had to tell me to calm down.

I wasn't even scheduled for my nurse intake until Nov. 25 but I had some lab results from a previous appointment to discuss. Well we didn't even discuss my labs after I said I was pregnant. We spent the entire time going over the next steps and getting me scheduled for my intake at a different clinic and my 13 week scan on Dec. 30. I think she wanted to do a vaginal ultrasound to make sure everything was okay since it was a bit of a surprise.

JL, hope lo shows today! GL!

Krissie, great news about your scan. That's so exciting!

Sweetmel - Its going in so slow just now! Although I'm set to move house again, just moved three months ago! So that should keep me busy :haha:

Sorry you were turned away from your appt, I would be raging too! Did they not explain properly why there was no point!?

Bunny, they did explain why but I disagree. Ever since I said something about my thyroid that's all they are concerned about. I should've let my GP take care of it and let the OBGYN take care of baby related things. She is a new doctor and young. She moved in when my other doctor went somewhere else. I'm stuck dealing with her until the 25th. Then I can see a St. Louis doctor. I'm just thankful that this pregnancy hasn't needed any interventions like supplemental progesterone because she would not have been able to save the baby.

Markswife - she is adorable! Glad to see she is doing so well!

JL - Hoping baby will be here today as well :)

SweetMel - That's just wrong what the lab did to you! I would be pissed as well.

BunnyBoo - How are you? Can't believe were almost to the end. Feels like 30 weeks went by so fast.

AFM - Life feels so crazy. LO is still in breech position, so if he's not head down when I go for my 36 week (which is next week) i will have to schedule a c-section for 39 weeks. In all honestly I feel like he won't go head down just because he's been so stubborn this whole pregnancy, but at least I know he will be here probably December 12.:thumbup:

wooow Congrats Swetmel ... sorry i was again out of forum for some days.....now back to Riyadh, with DH and i will be regular now

JL, i hope and pray baby step into this world <3

Marksife, so pretty, cuto ... lovely thanks for sharing pics ...

Hi Aein.

JL, did you have your induction? Any news for us?

during my Pakistan visit my MIL bring me to an Infertility specilist
he check the repors did my US ... asked me too many Q .....and in last problem is at DH side.... so 3 months medicines given to him one old proviron dose up by thrice a day now... and one Tb same like Clomid will take for 25 days then 5 days gape then again repeat ...

and yes my Glucophage dose also up by thrice a day same 500mg and another Tab Centrum given to me ... ahhhhhh today we started our medicines , plus weight loss game also started

during my Pakistan visit my MIL bring me to an Infertility specilist
he check the repors did my US ... asked me too many Q .....and in last problem is at DH side.... so 3 months medicines given to him one old proviron dose up by thrice a day now... and one Tb same like Clomid will take for 25 days then 5 days gape then again repeat ...

and yes my Glucophage dose also up by thrice a day same 500mg and another Tab Centrum given to me ... ahhhhhh today we started our medicines , plus weight loss game also started

Nice to have you back Aein!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"